• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Conklin and McGary are very different. One has good feet, the other doesn't. One gets to the second level well, the other doesn't. I'll let you watch the tape to see which is which...
    Conklin was mid round 1.
    McGary is perfectly slotted for us at 60.
    This is not the Garrett Bolles Dancing School.
    McGary has excellent recovery.
    Last edited by wu-dai clan; 03-17-2019, 10:34 AM.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Better person asside, I see Lawrence as a possible bust. Don't have that for Simmons as far as a player.
      i say NO to Lawrence in the first round.
      I don't see Lawrence as a bust at all. He's very athletic for a 345-pounder. He will take on double teams, keep LB's clean, and improve a team's run defense for years. You know who busts? 300+ lb DT's with knee issues (see Louis Nix).

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Conklin was mid round 1.
        McGary is perfectly slotted for us at 60.
        This is not the Garrett Bolles Dancing School.
        McGary has excellent recovery.
        I could probably provide you a list of 60+ players @#60 that would be better players than McGary. Let me know... later today will be reserved for Jameson intake.

Bolles sucks... I told you.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

I could probably provide you a list of 60+ players @#60 that would be better players than McGary. Let me know... later today will be reserved for Jameson intake.

Bolles sucks... I told you.
          You sound like you could use an early start.

Cudda swore you liked Bolles footwork.

Try Black Bush and dance to your fav Irish jig.

More film study tomorrow.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

In regards to Jeffery Simmons: Several things impress me about Simmons. The burst he generates to shoot gaps during passing downs. This burst is generated from his legs... legs that are attached to knees. Will he be the same post surgery? The other thing I really liked about him is his ability to sustain contact with OL blocker as they move laterally down the LOS. This skill requires a strong base and puts lots of stress on the knees. If he played LB or Edge, I wouldn't be as concerned. But Dt's rely on their knees probably more than any other position.

The only thing guaranteed about Simmons is that he will not play in 2019.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

You sound like you could use an early start.

Cudda swore you liked Bolles footwork.

Try Black Bush and dance to your fav Irish jig.

More film study tomorrow.
              Twas not me. I was one of his biggest critics. I was a Cam/Ram guy.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Twas not me. I was one of his biggest critics. I was a Cam/Ram guy.
                Yeah but what about the rest of my post ?

Your football takes are good, especially after a bottle of Jameson's.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I agree that the video was horrendous, ugly, and disgusting. It, as well as his knee injury, will push him down draft boards. The team interviews he has will provide those teams with answers we simply will never know.
                  What I do know is this was his only known incident, his sister was involved/fighting with the woman, Jeff made a shitty decision, apologized to the woman/her family, took responsibility legally/morally, and has been an exemplary person before/after. Will we draft him? Probably not. Is he the most talented prospect in the draft? Yes.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Be careful, guys like McGary are very different when you watch highlights vs when you watch a cut-up of a whole game.

If you watch his highlights, he is nearly a 1st round guy. if you watch just the bad plays, you wouldn't draft him. You have to watch them all to get the feel for what he needs to work on. He has a lot of trouble finishing. I'm not sure I am comfortable labeling him a 2nd rounder. Part of it is that Washington doesn't teach their OL to kickstep, so they are always short-setting in pass protection.

Guys like McGary are often found in the middle rounds. However, I agree, if you can work on his fundamentals, he has the tools and traits to be a good OT. However, he is not ready to play much, if any as a rookie.

Starting Lineman:#72 LT Trey Adams#76 LG Luke Wattenberg#56 C Nick Harris#51 RG Jaxson Kirkland#58 RT Kaleb McGary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGdFih728NU
                    The scouting reports on McGary include comments that he is trending up as of the Senior Bowl.

Consensus 60 overall.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

IMO, there are three 1st round OT's... Williams, Dillard, Little. Then there are some good RT-only's that should go in the 2nd... Risner, Ford, Taylor, Cajuste. After that there are a slew of 3rd/4th rounders that may last into the 5th round... Howard, Ivey, Edwards, Hyatt, Prince, Scharping, Daley, McGary, Adams.
                      You are gonna love my OT.

:More Q Please:

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Waiting on Woodmock... waiting on athletic sorts to heal quickly... waiting on not-so-athletic sorts to get favorable write-ups... got love this time of year! This is why the Great Spirit invented St. Patty's Day...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

I don't see Lawrence as a bust at all. He's very athletic for a 345-pounder. He will take on double teams, keep LB's clean, and improve a team's run defense for years. You know who busts? 300+ lb DT's with knee issues (see Louis Nix).
                          Jamaal Williams disagrees.
                          Knee and a broken ankle didn't slow him. He went on to add about 35 lbs after those and be an All Pro.
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-17-2019, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X