• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Bubble times for Tide stars at pro day ... Needless to say there was a packed house in Tuscaloosa earlier today for the Alabama pro day. All 32 teams were represented at the workout with most sending multiple personnel. Indeed, 8 G.M.s were in town along with several head coaches including Bill Belichek of the Super Bowl champion New England Patriots. However, the big crowd had to be a little disappointed with the 40 times posted by RB Josh Jacobs and MLB Mack Wilson, both of whom are considered to have at least some late first-round potential for next month's draft. In fact, nobody expected RB Jacobs, a very physical, almost violent back, to make like a track star, but most analysts were expected him to run somewhere in the mid-4.5 range. Instead, he was almost a full tenth slower with a final unofficial clocking in the 4.65 range. Whether that will be enough to keep Jacobs in the opening round discussion remains to be seen, but it is also likely that it wouldn't for a back from any other program than Alabama. Meanwhile, MLB Wilson was generally credited with a 40-time around 4.75 seconds. Again, that's not terrible, but kind of pales in comparison to the low-4.4 times posted by LSU's Devin White and Devin Bush of Michigan at the combine. That time likely won't cost Wilson any spots in the draft, but it also may not be enough to move him up very much either.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Bubble times for Tide stars at pro day ... Needless to say there was a packed house in Tuscaloosa earlier today for the Alabama pro day. All 32 teams were represented at the workout with most sending multiple personnel. Indeed, 8 G.M.s were in town along with several head coaches including Bill Belichek of the Super Bowl champion New England Patriots. However, the big crowd had to be a little disappointed with the 40 times posted by RB Josh Jacobs and MLB Mack Wilson, both of whom are considered to have at least some late first-round potential for next month's draft. In fact, nobody expected RB Jacobs, a very physical, almost violent back, to make like a track star, but most analysts were expected him to run somewhere in the mid-4.5 range. Instead, he was almost a full tenth slower with a final unofficial clocking in the 4.65 range. Whether that will be enough to keep Jacobs in the opening round discussion remains to be seen, but it is also likely that it wouldn't for a back from any other program than Alabama. Meanwhile, MLB Wilson was generally credited with a 40-time around 4.75 seconds. Again, that's not terrible, but kind of pales in comparison to the low-4.4 times posted by LSU's Devin White and Devin Bush of Michigan at the combine. That time likely won't cost Wilson any spots in the draft, but it also may not be enough to move him up very much either.
      I'm ok with Wilsons time. His shuttle and 3 cone would be more telling. Did they run those drills?

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        If you mock us Cashman in the second all this secretcy is gonna be funny :stirpot:
        I don't get the Cashman love at all. Great production, but man he is small and not very athletic. Great effort, but with a BIG step up to NFL athletes, I think he will struggle big time. I wouldn't spend a pick on him.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

I'm ok with Wilsons time. His shuttle and 3 cone would be more telling. Did they run those drills?
          How a guy plays on film is always more important to me. His game speed shows on film. I think hes a similar player to a prime Thomas Davis to be honest.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

How a guy plays on film is always more important to me. His game speed shows on film. I think hes a similar player to a prime Thomas Davis to be honest.
            Agree, I know but Agility drills show more than a 40. For CBs, LBs and WRs. Ability to close, seperate and move to a ball carrier. Agree film is king but it don't hurt to see agility either. Sometimes you miss something on film and those make you go back and lok harder, whether it's good or bad.
            They always say a guy that blazes a 40 makes them go back and look. Why not agility?

And there is merit. You think Tre Lamar's 4.95 - 40 is gonna make scouts go back and look at his film? It's gonna hurt him.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-19-2019, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Agree, I know but Agility drills show more than a 40. For CBs, LBs and WRs. Ability to close, seperate and move to a ball carrier. Agree film is king but it don't hurt to see agility either. Sometimes you miss something on film and those make you go back and lok harder, whether it's good or bad.
              They always say a guy that blazes a 40 makes them go back and look. Why not agility?

And there is merit. You think Tre Lamar's 4.95 - 40 is gonna make scouts go back and look at his film? It's gonna hurt him.
              It may hurt a players draft stock having a slow 40. And i think most of these guys are looked at on film before the underwear olympics. I agree the movement times are probably a better gauge.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I don't get the Cashman love at all. Great production, but man he is small and not very athletic. Great effort, but with a BIG step up to NFL athletes, I think he will struggle big time. I wouldn't spend a pick on him.
                I don't see him as an early starter but calling him "small and not very athletic" is not accurate. Only 1 year starter but played in the BIG10.

BLAKE CASHMAN

MINNESOTA
                LB
                LB10 Prospect Info

COLLEGE
                Minnesota
                HOMETOWN
                CLASS
                Eden Prairie, Minn.
                Senior
                HEIGHT
                WEIGHT
                ARMS
                6' 1"
                237 lbs
                30 1/8"
                HANDS
                8 3/4" Prospect Grade

BETTER-THAN-AVERAGE CHANCE TO MAKE NFL ROSTER
                HOW WE GRADE
                i
                VIEW ALL PROSPECTS

Combine Results
                u-unofficial
                40 Yard Dash
                SECONDS

Bench Press
                REPS

Vertical Jump
                INCHES

Broad Jump
                INCHES

3 Cone Drill
                SECONDS

20 Yd Shuttle
                SECONDS

60 Yd Shuttle
                --
                SECONDS
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I don't see him as an early starter but calling him "small and not very athletic" is not accurate. Only 1 year starter but played in the BIG10.

BLAKE CASHMAN

MINNESOTA
                  LB
                  LB10 Prospect Info

COLLEGE
                  Minnesota
                  HOMETOWN
                  CLASS
                  Eden Prairie, Minn.
                  Senior
                  HEIGHT
                  WEIGHT
                  ARMS
                  6' 1"
                  237 lbs
                  30 1/8"
                  HANDS
                  8 3/4" Prospect Grade

BETTER-THAN-AVERAGE CHANCE TO MAKE NFL ROSTER
                  HOW WE GRADE
                  i
                  VIEW ALL PROSPECTS

Combine Results
                  u-unofficial
                  40 Yard Dash
                  SECONDS

Bench Press
                  REPS

Vertical Jump
                  INCHES

Broad Jump
                  INCHES

3 Cone Drill
                  SECONDS

20 Yd Shuttle
                  SECONDS

60 Yd Shuttle
                  --
                  SECONDS
                  https://www.nfl.com/prospects/blake-cashman?id=32194341-5331-6185-2b37-0d7120bc9212

I like the movie Rudy too, just not sure I want him on my NFL team. Walk-on, took 2 years to get a scholarship.....nice story, but I didn't not see him having a future on Sundays. bottom depth and ST guys can be had as UDFA...unless they are raw and have big upside, which I do not see here.

Last edited by Panamamike; 03-19-2019, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Let me guess. You didnt post that link did you Panama? lol It just showed up in your post?

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Let me guess. You didnt post that link did you Panama? lol It just showed up in your post?
                      No, I posted a link to a different analysis, and commented on it. Not sure why it came out in blue.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Funny that when you click on that link it says none of that lol. That must have been before the combine. He is plenty fast and quick, just isn't great at other things. More like a Andrew Gachkar type.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Funny that when you click on that link it says none of that lol. That must have been before the combine. He is plenty fast and quick, just isn't great at other things. More like a Andrew Gachkar type.
                          Thats because the written portion of that post was from Panama. The link was part of Ninjas post. But for some reason it saves on the server and ends up in the next post made. Whoever makes the post. Its a really fucked up glitch here. But it doesnt happen often.

Comment

Working...
                          X