• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

No, I posted a link to a different analysis, and commented on it. Not sure why it came out in blue.
    Oh so you did post that link?

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

I have seen that report before so I'm pretty sure it was before the combine and somebody went back and changed it because it said he wasn't very fast or athletic and then ran real well.
      ​​​​​​Also said he wasn't very big and at 237, he must have added a little weight before the combine because 237 isn't that small and he still ran well.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-19-2019, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
        As far as armwrestling boltnut over McGary...show me a better RT prospect that would be available in the late second? And you are not gonna find McGary past that...I watched highlights, and I watched a game he really didn't look that great in(Auburn)...I acknowledge he needs work...but he is nasty with nonstop effort, and a prototypical build...coach his feet together, and you could have a 10 year anchor on the right side...if he was a finished product, I would pick him in the first...but I think he slots second, early third at the latest...maybe late second is right on, or maybe a little reach(though many scouting services/sites have him first/early second)...but I like the way the kid goes after the opponent in the run game, and we need some fresh competition on that oline.
        Let me be the first to say that I don't really buy into the whole long arm, short arm argument for OT's. Having said that, I know it matters to many GM's. Both Connor Williams and Forrest Lamp went in the 2nd round... as guards. McGary's arms fall in between these two players. And both of these players had/have much better feet than McGary. On top of that, he doesn't really have much tape against NFL caliber speed rushers. Even then, he gets beat to the outside too much. He is often off-balance when he has to change directions. As for RT prospects in the 2nd round... I think Ford, Risner, Taylor, and Cajuste are all better. I can find several OT's projected for later rounds that have better feet. IMO Hyatt, Scharping, Howard, Daley, and Edoga all have better feet and balance.

I like McGary as a run blocker, but we already have a good run blocker at RT in Tevi. The problem is with his pass blocking. This year is not a great year to draft a swing tackle outside the 1st round. My favorite... Mitch Hyatt. Currently projected as a 4th/5th round prospect, Hyatt has much better feet, has tape against current NFL pass rushers, and can perform the duties that Pat Meyers expects of his OT's. And has 34 1/8 inch arms, as opposed to 32 7/8 inch arms.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          I have seen that report before so I'm pretty sure it was before the combine and somebody went back and changed it because it said he wasn't very fast or athletic and then ran real well.
          ​​​​​​Also said he wasn't very big and at 237, he must have added a little weight before the combine because 237 isn't that small and he still ran well.
          He ran real well and he has some nice work too. But he is too small and not strong enough to play MLB (regardless of weigh in...look at his frame and lack of length and bulk). We have WILL LBers. He will be over drafted due to his combine, and I don't see him with a spot here. I also don't like that both shoulders were operated on with so little reps.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Let me be the first to say that I don't really buy into the whole long arm, short arm argument for OT's. Having said that, I know it matters to many GM's. Both Connor Williams and Forrest Lamp went in the 2nd round... as guards. McGary's arms fall in between these two players. And both of these players had/have much better feet than McGary. On top of that, he doesn't really have much tape against NFL caliber speed rushers. Even then, he gets beat to the outside too much. He is often off-balance when he has to change directions. As for RT prospects in the 2nd round... I think Ford, Risner, Taylor, and Cajuste are all better. I can find several OT's projected for later rounds that have better feet. IMO Hyatt, Scharping, Howard, Daley, and Edoga all have better feet and balance.

I like McGary as a run blocker, but we already have a good run blocker at RT in Tevi. The problem is with his pass blocking. This year is not a great year to draft a swing tackle outside the 1st round. My favorite... Mitch Hyatt. Currently projected as a 4th/5th round prospect, Hyatt has much better feet, has tape against current NFL pass rushers, and can perform the duties that Pat Meyers expects of his OT's. And has 34 1/8 inch arms, as opposed to 32 7/8 inch arms.
            Agree about Mitch Hyatt...lots of experience and value there.

Jawaan Taylor I have at top 10.

I would gladly draft Cody Ford at 28, and would consider IOL Garrett Bradbury there.

Draft football players, not perfect fit jigsaw puzzle pieces.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

LOL...if Ford, Risner, or Taylor make it to our second round pick, of course you take them over McGary...that's not even a fair comparison. I'm talking about a prospect worth our second rounder, not our first. As far as Cajuste...that's more reasonable, and I would be ok with him there...I would put him in class with McGary, so now we are just arguing preference. But I would point out that I have yet to read a site or report anywhere that has Cajuste as a better prospect than McGary......but I get it...your opinion...all in all, I wouldn't mind taking him there, for what it's worth.
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Some prospects for you all to check out if you haven't.....

Yosuah Nijman (OT) VT
                SR. 6' 7'', 324#, 10'' HANDS, 34'' ARMS, 40YD - , BP - 27 REPS @ 225, VJ - , BJ - 114'', 3CONE - 8, 20S - 4.5, 60S- . Athletic big man, played both ROT/LOT, injury set back development, good kickslide, solid power at POA, needs to sit deeper in anchor, inside set leg gets turned and allows inside pressure, can get beat across face on inside reach blocks, excellent scoop block foot/hand work, punch power is solid/accuracy is inconsistent. BU/ROTATION CALIBER PROSPECT W/STARTING TRAITS.

Lonnie Johnson (CB) UKY
                SR. 6' 2'', 210#, 9'' hands, 32 1/4'' arms, 77'' wingspan. JUCO transfer who worked exceptionally hard on the field but academically. Long, rangy, fast, athletic prospect who excels in press or off coverages, challenges at LOS, excellent flexibility in lower body, ability to open/swivel hips, hand/eye coordination is top tier, physical in press coverage, willing and solid tackler, tackling fundamentals (head up) will need to be addressed, solid footwork in an out of pedal, good recovery burst, can get a bit handsy with slower receivers, excellent ball separation skills. STARTING CALIBER PROSPECT W/IMPACT TRAITS.

Auston Dulin (WR) MALONE UNIVERSITY
                SR. 6' 1'', 215#. 9'' HANDS, 33 3/8'' ARMS, 40YD - 4.43, 10YS - , BP - 13 REPS @ 225, VJ - 38'', BJ - 121'', 3CONE - 7.0, 20S- 4.22, 60S - . Sammy Small School (Malone University/OHIO). Produces big plays often, was a dominant athlete on the field of lesser competition, impressive size/speed/athleticism combo, route tree is underdeveloped, stutter steps into/out of breaks, excellent hands but wasn't contested often, motor was on high, effort blocker, tremendous YAC, excellent RAC athlete. DEVELOPMENTAL PROSPECT AS BU/ST W/IMPACT TRAITS.

Jamal Curtis (WR) SYRACUSE
                RSR. 6'4'', 214#, 10 7/8'' HANDS, 33 7/8'' ARMS, 40YD - 4.5, BP - , VJ - 34.5'', BJ- 124'', 3CONE - , 20S - , 60S - . Excellent size/speed/length/height/athleticism combo, only 1 year of serious production, route tree is developed, speed in/out of cuts is an issue, physical at top of route and LOS, fights for contested balls, QB play throughout career left something to be desired, good effort blocker. Developmental prospect with traits that could lead to package use and/or starting CB. BU/ST PROSPECT W/STARTING TRAITS.

Derrek Thomas (CB) BAYLOR
                RSR. 6' 3'', 189#, 10'' HANDS, 33 3/4'' ARMS, 40YD - 4.44, 10YS - , BP - 8 REPS @ 225, VJ - 39.5'', BJ - 131'', 3CONE - , 20S - , 60S -. Former WR and TEMPLE prospect who converted to CB and transferred to Baylor. Derrek is a size/speed/length phenom that is exceptionally raw and underdeveloped. His natural instincts are hard to ascertain on film study as he has great/ugly plays equally. Athleticism, speed, length, ability to open hips, excellent flexibility, great recovery speed, closing burst is above average. Areas of work needed....hand placement/disruption power, outside plant foot drive, double move reco, route tree reco, backpeddle/hip flip transition, not getting locked into QB with his vision. BU/ST CALIBER PROSPECT W/ IMPACT TRAITS. DEVELOPMENTAL PROSPECT

Dawson Knox (TE) UMS
                RJR. 6' 4'', 254#, 9 3/4'' HANDS, 33 1/2'' ARMS, 40YD - , BP - 16 REPS @ 225, VJ - 34.5'', BJ - , 3CONE - 7.12, 20S - 4.27, 60S - . Big, strong, athlete that was under used at TE in the passing game, excellent blocker in both run/pass game, strong hands, extends to make catches, good release of line vs press/pressure, maintains speed out of cuts/breaks, route tree dynamics are incomplete, needs to dominant catch point over the middle consistently, moves LBs & DEs at POA, excellent runner in space, creates YAC. Dawson is a bit raw yet uber talented TE prospect that has huge upside. STARTING CALIBER PROSPECT W/ IMPACT TRAITS.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  I would gladly draft Cody Ford at 28, and would consider IOL Garrett Bradbury there.

am at a loss @how you prefer Bradbury over McCoy ??

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                    am at a loss @how you prefer Bradbury over McCoy ??
                    Bradbury is a better player IMV,
                    and a better fit for LAC,
                    due to movement skills.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Better person asside, I see Lawrence as a possible bust. Don't have that for Simmons as far as a player.
                      i say NO to Lawrence in the first round.
                      Agree! Lawrence reminds me of that guy last year who was big, moved well, & fell to the 5th round. What's his name?

Simmons really uses his hands well & seems to have a lot of natural football strength.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Agree about Mitch Hyatt...lots of experience and value there.

Jawaan Taylor I have at top 10.

Bradbury would be a good get. I don't think he makes it to #28.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                          So who do ya think they are looking
                          at for the first two rounds then?
                          I'm guessing they are considering strongly a corner (or safety) in the 2nd round: free safety, offensive lineman, corner.

Comment

Working...
                          X