• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Why I think Marvel Tell and Isaiah Johnson are more fitting for the type of guys Gus likes than some shorter one. Probably why they also like Joejuan Williams.

As for Ta'amu, I don't think he will be anything in the NFL let alone for our team.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-09-2019, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• pigskin
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Southern Oregon
      • Send PM

Another late (3/4 round) guy I like is Micheal Jordan a C/G from Ohio state.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Tillery was far from consistent...of his 8 sacks, 4 came against Stanford....ranked 43rd out of 50 Division I teams in sacks allowed...actually tied with 4 other teams. Only 3 other schools gave up more sacks. Dremont Jones had 1 more sack, and a handful more tackles for loss, and they were spread throughout the season...

But thankfully we won't have to choose between them...I'm sure a more talented player will be available at 28, whether it's DT, Oline, DB.... Pass on Tillery...
        Jeremiah agrees with you on Tillery:

"Tillery has rare height/length for the position. He is a very streaky player on tape. As a pass rusher, there are games where he dominates (see: Stanford game, when he logged four sacks) with a combination of quick hands, power and effort. However, there are other games where he's content to hang on blocks and play too high. In the run game, he flashes the ability to stack, toss and pursue the ball. He still needs to lower his pad level, but he rarely gives ground at the point of attack. Overall, Tillery isn't going to fit every team, but he shows some flashes, similar to DeForest Buckner. He just needs to become more consistent."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...9-nfl-draft-40

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
          Outback Goon
          • Sep 2018
          • Australia
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          Only in a draft so deep with "safer" prospects could we be so lucky to have a talent like Tillery fall to us at 28.

It's an arms race in the NFL to be able to consistently get to the qb with 4 guys

Bosa, Mebane, Tillery and Ingram is my vote
          I'd prefer:

Bosa Jones Lawrence Ingram

its frustrating to watch Bosa / Ingram get double teamed and chip blocked. Lawrence should put an end to that

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

I'd prefer:

Bosa Jones Lawrence Ingram

its frustrating to watch Bosa / Ingram get double teamed and chip blocked. Lawrence should put an end to that
            Yeah, Lawrence will keep our smallish/injury-prone LB's clean, too.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I'd be happy with Lawrence...he is in my cluster...but I won't tout him...spent years arguing for a big daddy since Jamal left us, but the nay sayers come out in droves...tired of fighting them.
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

As a Jumbo 3TECH ?
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

We don't play the same D when we had Jamal. Much different actually.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    Agreed.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      Truth
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

So we run a defense where we don't want the NT to eat blocks to free up linebackers, or the ability to bullrush the pocket back in the QBS face? OK....
                        Next will be the argument that because he is so large, he will get gassed, and have to be spelled now and then....like we and every other team in the NFL doesn't rotate their dline throughout the game....so the starters are fresh in the fourth.....
                        And then....because he doesn't play every single snap, we can't afford to spend a first on him....because shutting down the run and consistently putting the other team in 3rd and long situations only warrants a third or 4th rounder....

Oh well....what do I care....I'm taking Thornhill anyway!!
                        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                          So we run a defense where we don't want the NT to eat blocks to free up linebackers, or the ability to bullrush the pocket back in the QBS face? OK....
                          Next will be the argument that because he is so large, he will get gassed, and have to be spelled now and then....like we and every other team in the NFL doesn't rotate their dline throughout the game....so the starters are fresh in the fourth.....
                          And then....because he doesn't play every single snap, we can't afford to spend a first on him....because shutting down the run and consistently putting the other team in 3rd and long situations only warrants a third or 4th rounder....

Oh well....what do I care....I'm taking Thornhill anyway!!
                          Yeah we don't play that D any longer and havemt since Gus has been here.
                          ​​​​​​If Lawrence gets double teamed it frees up Bosa or Ingram more for one on ones, not our LBs, though it would help Perryman.

Comment

Working...
                          X