• Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
    The case for DT Simmons @ 28:

We went 13-5 including a road playoff win with half the D starters out due to injury late in the season. Gotta believe we are still a threat just with the guys we have coming back healthy. BUT the roster on paper in April is not the thing, it is the players we can field in December and beyond. AND I cannot let myself think we will not have injuries late, the Chargers have taught me otherwise for nearly 20 years now.

IF the team has done due diligence as to character, and believe he can come back and play in December at the latest, that does not suck. By come back I mean he is healthy and explosive and can give quality snaps if nothing else on the pass rush DL.

Not saying this is who I want at 28, but I could sure understand the pick all things considered, much more than any QB deals. In a very odd way, it may be the most win-now guy we could take at 28 (cuz even below the learning curve/pure athleticism of Simmons likely >>>>> than any other option come the playoffs).
    Hey...it's a good case. I would like the pick. Bring back Liuget on a 1-2 year deal, get a Square replacement in the middle to late rounds...it would be a good pick. Though I wouldn't do it for this year...wouldn't count on him at all. Gotta be 100 percent before you put that investment on the field. If he makes it back late season, you give him 10-12 snaps a game, just to give him a taste...and use him as a speller or situational guy in the playoffs.

But the future dividends, even if we didn't get a ton out of him next season, would be more than worth it.
    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
        The case for DT Simmons @ 28:

We went 13-5 including a road playoff win with half the D starters out due to injury late in the season. Gotta believe we are still a threat just with the guys we have coming back healthy. BUT the roster on paper in April is not the thing, it is the players we can field in December and beyond. AND I cannot let myself think we will not have injuries late, the Chargers have taught me otherwise for nearly 20 years now.

IF the team has done due diligence as to character, and believe he can come back and play in December at the latest, that does not suck. By come back I mean he is healthy and explosive and can give quality snaps if nothing else on the pass rush DL.

Not saying this is who I want at 28, but I could sure understand the pick all things considered, much more than any QB deals. In a very odd way, it may be the most win-now guy we could take at 28 (cuz even below the learning curve/pure athleticism of Simmons likely >>>>> than any other option come the playoffs).
        I'm not opposed to the Bolts taking Simmons if they have him rated higher than anyone else at #28... but don't think he'll be fully rehabbed and ready for the playoffs...look how long it's taken Lamp to get to where he is after an injury...and he's still not proven yet...I hate the idea of drafting damaged goods, especially in round 1...I want a starter who can contribute NOW...

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

If Lawrence and Simmons are there at 28, you go for Lawrence?

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
            If Lawrence and Simmons are there at 28, you go for Lawrence?
            Or somebody else.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

If you want desperately a DT, Simmons or Lawrence?

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Of the two, I like Simmons over Lawrence. I really like the idea of DJ & Adderley though. Probably go that way given the picks shown.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Loving the Dalton Risner NFL 360 Piece. Check it out

​​​​​​http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-360

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    Loving the Dalton Risner NFL 360 Piece. Check it out

​​​​​​http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-360
                    Saw it on NFL Network. Good kid and a Telesco type of character..

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                      If you want desperately a DT, Simmons or Lawrence?
                      wouldn't be bothered w/either of 'em, and.... think they both come w/plenty of risk, and.... thinkin' Simmons is the better get ??

ps. we can always nab Shelton via FA.... (to spell Dex)
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                        Outback Goon
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Australia
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'm not opposed to the Bolts taking Simmons if they have him rated higher than anyone else at #28... but don't think he'll be fully rehabbed and ready for the playoffs...look how long it's taken Lamp to get to where he is after an injury...and he's still not proven yet...I hate the idea of drafting damaged goods, especially in round 1...I want a starter who can contribute NOW...
                        agree

Win now. Next year is for next draft. I have doubts he be fully rehabbed by playoffs, let alone in game shape.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2018
                          • Send PM

Telesco has neglected the DL long enough, he needs to draft a DT tomorrow as there will be at least one quality one available where we pick.
                          Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                          - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                          - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                          - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                          - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                          - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                          - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

Working...
                          X