• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

This recent 3 round mock has Thornhill going in the top of round 3.

Chargers land a Hooker

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

If we can get him in the later rounds, that would be great.
      Later rounds? Like round 2? He won't be there later.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

If we can get him in the later rounds, that would be great.
        Some guys worth a look at FS on day 3.....
        Marvell Tell*
        Mike Edwards*
        Marquis Blair
        Donovan Wilson
        Will Harris
        Davonte Davis
        Lamar Jackson
        Sheldrick Redwine

* could easily be round 3 selections
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

I just cant see TT taking an undersized guy in the first, especially when the DC prefers big guys. So I suspect no on Adderly. There are too many good sized linemen available to not take one of them. It is a big man's game in the end.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            This recent 3 round mock has Thornhill going in the top of round 3.

Chargers land a Hooker

https://247sports.com/ContentGallery.../#129780592_51
            I like Amani Hooker for us @ #60 or @ #91. Combo Safety.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              I just cant see TT taking an undersized guy in the first, especially when the DC prefers big guys. So I suspect no on Adderly. There are too many good sized linemen available to not take one of them. It is a big man's game in the end.
              Agree...Adderley is a bit undersized, and I wonder how well he'll hold up tackling those beefy TE's and RB's...and he was hurt TWICE in the off-season...sorry, pass...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Ed Reed 5'11", 200 lbs.
                Earl Thomas 5'10", 202 lbs
                Eric Weddle 5'11", 195 lbs

Im good with Adderley.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-11-2019, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                  Ed Reed 5'11", 200 lbs.
                  Earl Thomas 5'10", 202 lbs
                  Eric Weddle 5'11", 195 lbs

Im good with Adderley.
                  Darnell Savage 5'11" 198#.
                  Nasir Adderley 6' 206#.
                  :lol:
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

sort of a cool take on things/round one....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-nfl-draft-setting-round-1-overunders-for-each-position-with-linemen-dominating-the-field/

gonna eliminate Daniel Jones and Irv Smith and most others for purposes of discussion/conversation if nothing else, and....

coupla few names that were omitted/have my attention:

would not take Kaleb McGary out of our cluster, as a trade down might be nice, and.... plenty of chatter w/Green Bay and New England 'round this guy.

Tom Telesco is oft a man of his word, and he vowed to revamp the linebacker corps this offseason.... once upon a time, Mack Wilson was right in the mix w/the Devins ??

Byron Murphy has been compared to Casey Heyward and projections have him excelling in a Gus Bradley designed secondary scheme ??

and if and when we perhaps have our pick of the litter @FS, still think Adderley is the most Carson compatible prospect there ??
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Big Dog
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Chargers fans and media commentators have a different view of the Chargers position needs and draft prospects than TT and Chargers mgmt does. And this throws off mock projections and draft expectations.

It is a combination of being able to see your own players on a daily basis and see how they are progressing, of being unwilling to admit your prior draft picks are not as good as you you thought they would be, of meeting the draft prospects and seeing who could be great teammates and who are total assholes, of being able to project which of your current players are going to be able to jump into starting roles next year and of having different positional priorities than the fans and media (because of the salary cap, you can't afford to have the best player at every position on your team, so at some positions like QB and Edge you can pay big bucks but at other positions you got to save some money and go with lessor athletes and hope it doesn't bite you in the butt later).

Although we (fans and media) think the Chargers have a big need on the OL because of Tevi at OT and both OG's last year. But maybe TT thinks he addressed the OG with drafting Lamp and Freeney; and he feels good enough about Tevi that he let Barksdale during the season. Freeney seemed to regress last year in pass protection (stunt pickups especially) but was still the same in run blocking as his rookie year. Also Lamp was not just the best OG in his draft year some draft commentary had him as the best OL period. And Lamp seems more than a little bit pissed that he wasn't playing more at the end of last year, so maybe TT thinks Lamp comes into TC as a total beast and competes for a starting job. In short, I think TT and the Chargers see OL as a lower priority than we do and don't think they need to OL in the first few rounds unless someone they love falls into there lap like Derwin James did last year.

Another position that Charger fans and the media seem to be valuing more than TT and Chargers management does is Free Safety. Chargers played all of last year with Addae out of position at FS when he is more of an in the box SS and they let him walk. They also played Rayshawn Jenkins at FS in the playoffs. Maybe TT thinks Jenkins can be our starting FS next year and is an upgrade over Addae. And maybe TT thinks that Jaylen Watkins can also compete or backup at Safety, since he resigned him in February this year. In short, I think the Chargers see FS as a lower priority than we (fans and media) do and they won't pick a FS in the first few rounds unless someone they love falls into their lap, something insanely stupid, like Adderley falling to round 3.

so what does TT and Chargers management value more than the fans and media do ?

DL - in rounds 1-3 the Chargers will draft at least one and maybe even 2 DL's ... and not just in round 1 but they may also an edge rusher as well, if one they really like is available.

LB - in rounds 1-4 the Chargers might draft a LB who can cover or one that is a big hitter. Not just for the defense but for special teams as well.

TE - although we get Hunter Henry back, I think the Chargers might value the TE position more than we fans do.

CB - although we have so decent players and depth at CB it seems like TT will go CB this draft although it will be a taller and stronger one than Jason Verrett was, that height digit will start with a 6 not a 5 or have insane speed if he is under 6 foot.

WR - although not a positional need (this is our strongest and deeepest position group) I think TT and Chargers management values the WR position higher than fans do.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Watkins is on a one year deal and though he may play FS, he is still more a CB. Jenkins may or may not be the answer but you can still get better there.

As for WR, we lost a good one. I'm not a Geremy Davis fan, I do like Scott,....and Cantrell ....who knows. I wouldn't mind another talented WR. I liked having three real good ones.

They all stepped up and had great games that made a difference.

Ol, who knows. Liars month and Tevi can't be their go to RT
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-15-2019, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          Pretty much retired......
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Darnell Savage 5'11" 198#.
                          Nasir Adderley 6' 206#.
                          :lol:
                          Rapp 6ft 207
                          Adderly 5/11 200
                          Thornhill 6ft 200
                          Thompson 6/2 196
                          Hooker 6ft 210
                          Tell 6/2 195
                          Edwards 6ft 201
                          Blair 6/2 195
                          Wilson 6/1 207
                          Harris 6/2 210
                          Davis 6/3 205
                          Bell 6/2 210

A couple of guys I have in late round clusters too are Malik Gant 6/2 205 & Evan Worthington 6/2 210. If I have a safety that is gonna lay wood to some of these big tight ends, I like some over 6 ft and +200 lbs of beef.

It can't hurt?

Comment

Working...
                          X