Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Risner has gotten high marks from a lot of draftniks, but then Jeremiah only rated him the #40 top player. So, is he the real deal, or are there question marks. Look what Jeremiah said in his top 50 review:

Dalton Risner, OT, School: Kansas State | Year: Senior (RS)
    Risner lined up at right tackle for the Wildcats and possesses a good combination of power, balance and instincts. In the passing game, he is quick to shoot his hands and he squats on power rushers. He will click his heels together at times, but he hasn't paid for it against these opponents. He should be able to correct that at the NFL level. He is very aware versus blitzes and stunts in the run game, using his upper-body strength to torque and turn defenders. He's also shown the ability to reach and seal from the back side. He will struggle to adjust in space at the second level. Overall, Risner has the tools to become a quality starting right tackle, and he adds value because of his experience at the center position during his redshirt freshman campaign.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...9-nfl-draft-40
    Elite prospect in my opinion and a guy that can affect games on the Oline.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Oh, I think he is a very good player...IF he stays healthy...after the Verrett drama, I'm really wondering how well he'll hold up to tackling some big TE's and RB's...even Jeremiah said:

"Adderley is a slightly undersized safety prospect with outstanding instincts, range and ball skills. He is a former cornerback, and his movement skills reflect that background. He is very fluid in his backpedal, and his combination of recognition and burst allow him to cover a lot of ground. He has no issues locating the ball in the air and possesses strong, dependable hands. Against the run, he is aggressive to the alley and boasts a high batting average as a tackler. He also offers value in the return game, where he displays vision, speed and toughness. Overall, Adderley is an ideal, pure free safety and should be a quality starter immediately in his rookie campaign."

With the 2019 NFL Scouting Combine and pro days in the rearview, we're in the stretch run of prospect evaluation. Daniel Jeremiah updates his top-50 list, with movement up and down the board.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Oh, I think he is a very good player...IF he stays healthy...after the Verrett drama, I'm really wondering how well he'll hold up to tackling some big TE's and RB's...even Jeremiah said:

"Adderley is a slightly undersized safety prospect with outstanding instincts, range and ball skills. He is a former cornerback, and his movement skills reflect that background. He is very fluid in his backpedal, and his combination of recognition and burst allow him to cover a lot of ground. He has no issues locating the ball in the air and possesses strong, dependable hands. Against the run, he is aggressive to the alley and boasts a high batting average as a tackler. He also offers value in the return game, where he displays vision, speed and toughness. Overall, Adderley is an ideal, pure free safety and should be a quality starter immediately in his rookie campaign."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...9-nfl-draft-40
        I was referring to Risner.

I also like Adderley as a prospect and his skillset match FS in our scheme.

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

according to PFF's metrics, Risner is a near fail safe selection that bodes (very) well for Sundays in the NFL.... they claim/surmise that someone will be getting great value w/him.
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

green room.PNG

if the above is any indication, then Dex, Simmons, Risner, McGary and m/any of the safeties may still be on board by 28 ??

http://nflcommunications.com/Pages/23-Prospects-To-Attend-NFL-Draft.aspx
            Last edited by beachcomber; 04-09-2019, 09:42 PM.
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

ps. wouldn't want to be the any of DeAndre Baker, Josh Jacobs nor DK Metcalf.... (alone and all one in the G room)

coupla few others not listed.... Haskins, Clelin Ferrell and Rashan Gary.
              Last edited by beachcomber; 04-09-2019, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Just means that if we can trade down and still get him, I'll be super happy

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Just means that if we can trade down and still get him, I'll be super happy
                  Sure if we can trade down and get elite caliber prospects, I'm always a proponent of that.

If can get say Risner, Thornhill, & Simmons in the first 2/3 rounds by trading back fuck yeah! I'm ok with any of them at 28 though.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Will not be Adderley.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Who we will pick vs who I want them to pick are vastly different things. I saw one mock that had Daniel Jones falling to us - I'd be ecstatic if that actually happened and would jump all over that pick, so that is who I voted for though I expect him to be long gone by the time we pick.

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        Who we will pick vs who I want them to pick are vastly different things. I saw one mock that had Daniel Jones falling to us - I'd be ecstatic if that actually happened and would jump all over that pick, so that is who I voted for though I expect him to be long gone by the time we pick.
                        Meh.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          If they pick Daniel Jones I'll be one mad Hombre. Don't want a first round QB and I don't think Jones is all that great. Backup is the word I've been using so I'll stick with it.
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-10-2019, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X