Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I’d love to take Simmons at #6 then trade back at #37, acquire a couple extra picks, spend a round 3/day 3 QB boom/bust prospect to develop at QB3, let Tyrod/Stick have 2020 to see if they have any future as our QB1-QB3, and if a homerun is struck in 2020 then the 2021 draft is BPA or if not QB was just pushed off a year while having an elite D with home grown talent signed long term and maybe a ton of TPB membership’s wish of TT/AL fired.
    Here's where I am now and I don't think it'll change by draft day.
    obviously, I'm known as the Tua guy. I think the guy is going to be an elite qb and I'm comfortable with the risk at 6 and even trading up for. Positional value, position of need, etc. That's what my head says.
    wts, my heart really wants to see Simmons wearing bolts. I'm absolutely fascinated with the potential upside. So much so that I'm secretly hoping Tua is taken before our pick. I don't see Tua reaching his potential with any team picking ahead of us so I'm not worried of regretting it.
    I'm personally comfortable with addressing qb next year, although I'm also positive the organization isn't
    and just as positive we're picking qb at 6 OR trading back into the 1st for one.
    Love is my choice in the later scenario
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

obviously, I'm known as the Tua guy. I think the guy is going to be an elite qb and I'm comfortable with the risk at 6 and even trading up for. Positional value, position of need, etc. That's what my head says.
      wts, my heart really wants to see Simmons wearing bolts. I'm absolutely fascinated with the potential upside. So much so that I'm secretly hoping Tua is taken before our pick. I don't see Tua reaching his potential with any team picking ahead of us so I'm not worried of regretting it.
      I'm personally comfortable with addressing qb next year, although I'm also positive the organization isn't
      and just as positive we're picking qb at 6 OR trading back into the 1st for one.
      Its not a secret if you post it on a forum
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

QB3 = guy you never ever ever want to play. We’ve already got a wasted latter round pick netting a QB3 that will never play in a game with Stick, there are dozens of guys who could replace him sitting on their couch.

how about drafting for QB1 or we just don’t waste a pick on QB at all?
        ok. QB1 this year? Which one?

As with any pick it is a gamble but if the QB, who is available at #6 is not our guy/couldn’t trade up for the we wanted, then is it acceptable to take the best prospect in the draft?

Im ok with not drafting a QB. If there is a guy we like, that has strong traits based upside, solid football IQ, pro work ethic, hasn’t been consistent but shown highend flashes, leadership intangibles, etc. Should we take a flyer on a guy like that say day 3?
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I’m ok with a QB anywhere. If the organization doesn’t see Easton or Tyrod as a long term solution then we need that dude. I don’t want a reach though. If our guy isn’t there, we cannot reach. Reach picks are for day 3/later day 3.

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Why would we draft a Kicker?
            Just because I live in Georgia and I have watched the kid his whole career. He was sitting there and it was the seventh round. Not too much thought to it besides I think he is gonna kill it in the NFL

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

ok. QB1 this year? Which one?

As with any pick it is a gamble but if the QB, who is available at #6 is not our guy/couldn’t trade up for the we wanted, then is it acceptable to take the best prospect in the draft?

Im ok with not drafting a QB. If there is a guy we like, that has strong traits based upside, solid football IQ, pro work ethic, hasn’t been consistent but shown highend flashes, leadership intangibles, etc. Should we take a flyer on a guy like that say day 3?
              Tua or Herbert if available at 6, i would love either of them and that’d cause instant excitement and enthusiasm in the franchise imo.

Otherwise roll with Tyrod if both are taken 1-5 as Simmons is likely there. If Hurts is still there in R3, put a flier on him. Eason if he’s there in R3 is another gamble i’ be ok with.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Just because I live in Georgia and I have watched the kid his whole career. He was sitting there and it was the seventh round. Not too much thought to it besides I think he is gonna kill it in the NFL
                They thought that about Aquayo too.
                Never know who will make it as a kicker and for a change, we don't need one.
                Im sure we may have 2 in camp but doubt we use a pick on one. They are a dime a dozen

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Tua or Herbert if available at 6, i would love either of them and that’d cause instant excitement and enthusiasm in the franchise imo.

Otherwise roll with Tyrod if both are taken 1-5 as Simmons is likely there. If Hurts is still there in R3, put a flier on him. Eason if he’s there in R3 is another gamble i’ be ok with.
                  Sounds like a plan.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• boltfanseattle
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Priorities:
                    1.Draft Tua
                    2.No Tua, then draft Simmons (c'mon, theres no one like him)
                    3. Worst Case, Trade Down

Next: OT in the second or 3rd. I just don't see a top OT being taken when they already think highly of Pipkins(bleh), have the right side covered, and they know OT is a fairly deep class this year.

Sign Cam after the draft(working out with Tyrod), or if they don't want to pay, they could take flier on Hurts (Tyrod helped him prepare for the combine, so you know they are probably looking at both options).

Comment

• chargerkdb
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Yep stuck in GA too. Can’t stand UGA but Rodrigo is going to be in NFL for 15 years. Kid is crazy good kicker. He won’t be there in 7th though. He’s a 5-6 guy.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by boltfanseattle View Post
                        Priorities:
                        1.Draft Tua
                        2.No Tua, then draft Simmons (c'mon, theres no one like him)
                        3. Worst Case, Trade Down

Next: OT in the second or 3rd. I just don't see a top OT being taken when they already think highly of Pipkins(bleh), have the right side covered, and they know OT is a fairly deep class this year.

Sign Cam after the draft(working out with Tyrod), or if they don't want to pay, they could take flier on Hurts (Tyrod helped him prepare for the combine, so you know they are probably looking at both options).
                        Just my opinion but,
                        I watched Pipkins miss blocks and get over-run last year. I do think he improved as the year went along but I can't see how they could have a lot of faith in him for this year. I think he's still a year away.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• WindsorUK
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Windsor, U.K.
                          • Send PM

Are there teams ahead of us discussing Simmons( in the press)?
                          Seems like the only defenders names I hear going top 5 are Young, Okudah, and possibly Brown.
                          Add them to Tua, Burrow, and Herbert, it seems( with 4 weeks to go) Simmons should be available, right?

Comment

Working...
                          X