Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

On this point, I'm with A.J....
    Yep..me too. Too risky but hey, let Miami take him at #5....or even trade to #3 and remove all doubt for us.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I don't think he will be a Charger - too risky from an injury perspective. Not being able to have your own doctors check him out is a big thing. I think he will go to the Dolphins
      Dolphins tried, but they couldn't bring him in at the last second, before the corona virus shut everything down.
      Their doctors also couldn't check him out.

At the top of my head, AJ Smith chose Anthony Waters in the 3rd, who never recovered from a knee injury in college.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Dolphins tried, but they couldn't bring him in at the last second, before the corona virus shut everything down.

At the top of my head, AJ Smith chose Anthony Waters in the 3rd, who never recovered from a knee injury in college.

Lol, maybe he learned from his mistakes?

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

One thing that I kind of wondered about with Tua is the general unease all the teams seem to have because their doctors cannot examine him in person because of the lock down. I'm not a doctor and have never had a hip injury but wouldn't you typically go in, talk to the doctor, he'd ask you some question and he'd order x-rays/MRI/CT scan to look at the hip? Why couldn't a doctor be part of one of the people interviewing him in the weekly allowed call? I had read that all of the medical records have been made available to every team anyway, so while not ideal, is there really some big mystery with his hip that could be solved by an in person exam?

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Lol, maybe he learned from his mistakes?
            Do as I say, not as I do???

Comment

• SYB
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
              So does anybody else see the ironic humor if the Chargers draft Cole Kmet to Los Angeles? K M E T back to LA?? Get it??? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I have been locked up too long.................
              The home of Dr Demento. Where this insane song became popular.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

The Real Deal, No Gansta Rap Here, Just The True Audio / Video Featuring The Late Great "Country Dick Montana" On Lead Vocals........dan

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Speaking of damaged goods, AJ also drafted:

2012 - Johnny Troutman
                  2009 - Demetrius Byrd

Neither of whom amounted to much.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    One thing that I kind of wondered about with Tua is the general unease all the teams seem to have because their doctors cannot examine him in person because of the lock down. I'm not a doctor and have never had a hip injury but wouldn't you typically go in, talk to the doctor, he'd ask you some question and he'd order x-rays/MRI/CT scan to look at the hip? Why couldn't a doctor be part of one of the people interviewing him in the weekly allowed call? I had read that all of the medical records have been made available to every team anyway, so while not ideal, is there really some big mystery with his hip that could be solved by an in person exam?
                    I think the Tua talk this past week in by the media has all been click bait.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                      Way Too Early 2020 Mock Draft

By: Trevor SikkemaApril 27th, 2019

Photo: Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports

Oh, y'all thought we were done? Y'all thought we were joking when we said that the NFL Draft is something we do 365?
                      You gonna learn today.
                      You'll see a handful of these "way too early" mock drafts, and I'm sure some of you will roll your eyes at the notion of them. But even though the accuracy of these mock drafts will certainly be a very low percentage by the time the 2020 NFL Draft actually comes to pass, the point of writing them is to give football fans an early look at which players are already on to the NFL's radar when it comes to building for the future. Consider this your cheat sheet going into the college football season.
                      Oh, and before you fire up Twitter to let me know your favorite NFL team would never be picking that high in the draft, I made the order via Vegas' 2020 Super Bowl odds and just started from the bottom.
                      Here are 32 of the top names to know for next season.

1.Miami Dolphins

Chase Young, EDGE, Ohio State
                      With quarterback Josh Rosen now on the roster I don't see the Dolphins needing a quarterback at No. 1. Instead I think they'll benefit just as much by picking an absolute freak of an edge rusher in Chase Young. 6-foot-5, 265 pounds, wears No. 2, has dreadlocks. What more could you want? Young and Bosa were unblockable on the same defensive line when both were on the field in 2018. Young recorded 14.5 tackles for loss and 9.5 sacks last season.

2.Arizona Cardinals

Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama
                      The Cardinals not only added their franchise quarterback in Kyler Murray this past draft weekend, but they also gave him some weapons in the 2019 draft with Andy Isabella and Hakeem Butler at the receiver position. But the additions shouldn't stop there. Jeudy has been one of the best receivers in college football for two years and will continue to be as long as he's healthy.
                      You won't find a better route runner.
                      "You mean "a better route runner in *college football*", right?"
                      No, I don't.

3.Oakland Raiders

Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
                      Derek Carr's lone good year is proving itself too be an outlier the more time seems to go on. If that continues, they'll be in the market for a quarterback. Tua will likely be the highest profile QB to go in the Top 5.

4.Cincinnati Bengals

Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
                      I thought the Bengals would end up with Drew Lock or Dwayne Haskins when all was said and done in the 2019 NFL Draft, but that didn't happen. Next year the quarterback question will be even more bold for the Bengals, and they'll need to be more urgent in selecting one. Herbert will compete for the QB1 title in the 2020 class, as he was highly regarded going into last season, too.

5.Buffalo Bills

Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado
                      "What's this guy's name? Lavis--Laviska?"
                      You're damn right it is, and you better get to knowing it.
                      The name of the game in Buffalo is weapons for quarterback Josh Allen, and it doesn't get much better than Laviska Shenault. Over 1,000 yards and 11 total touchdowns in just nine games in 2018. 2019 could even better, and if it is, he'll be a big name in a star-studded wide receiver group.

6.New York Jets

CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma
                      Lamb was a big-time playmaker for Kyler Murray during the quarterback's Heisman campaign in 2018, and Lamb did that in all kinds of ways. He wins with size, strength and speed -- a true WR1 at the next level.

7.Detroit Lions

Raekwon Davis, DT, Alabama
                      The Lions were likely deciding between T.J. Hockenson and Ed Oliver in the Top 10 of the 2019 NFL Draft. They ended up going with Hockenson, which makes me think they'd take the other side of that coin, if given the chance again, in the 2020 draft. Davis, at 6-foot-7, 300 pounds, is one of the best run defenders in the country, and he showed some pass rush ability in flashes, too.

8.Washington Redskins

Trey Smith, OL, Tennessee
                      Trey Smith was a former No. 1 overall recruit coming out of high school. He was an offensive tackle coming into Tennessee, but has since moved to the inside. Since then he's been totally dominant with some potential to be a tackle in the future.

9.Denver Broncos

Grant Delpit, S, LSU
                      Simply put: Grant Delpit was one of, if not the, best players in all of college football last year. His impact from the safety position was unmatched with how he played in coverage. Plus his ball skills for takeaways can make an impact all over the field. He could very well be a Top 5 pick.

10.Tennessee Titans

Grant Calcaterra, TE, Oklahoma
                      I am not sure how much stock the Titans have in Jonnu Smith, but even if they still really like him, Calcaterra is an athletic freak from the position and would be a welcomed addition for whoever is playing quarterback in Tennessee.

11.Tampa Bay Buccaneers

A.J. Epenesa, EDGE, Iowa
                      Jason Pierre-Paul ain't gettin' any younger. Epenesa is a 6-foot-5, 270-pound freak of an edge defender who had 10.5 sacks last season as a sophomore.

12.San Francisco 49ers

Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia
                      Honestly, Bryce Hall should have declared for the 2019 NFL Draft; he had the potential to be a first round pick. But, he didn't, and instead he'll be a first round pick a year later. Hall's game comes with strong man coverage ability to be a true lockdown cornerback at 6-foot-1, 200 pounds.

13.Carolina Panthers

Walker Little, OT, Stanford
                      Panthers drafted Greg Little in the second round of the 2019 NFL Draft, but I still forecast their biggest need is going to be on the offensive line -- barring it's not quarterback if Cam Newton's injury proves to be worse than we thought. Little was Co-Freshman of the Year in the Pac-12.

14.New York Giants

Andrew Thomas, OL, Georgia
                      Thomas has played both right and left tackle in his first two seasons as a starter for Georgia. Long, powerful and has the fundamentals you like to see as a foundation going to the next level. He can be a potential starter at right tackle immediately for the Giants, depending on what happens in 2019.

15.Jacksonville Jaguars

Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia
                      The Jaguars didn't draft a quarterback in the 2019 NFL Draft, holding firm to what they said when the signed Nick Foles. But I think even they know Foles isn't the long-term answer. Fromm isn't a guy who I want to start right away in the NFL, but I think this would be a good situational fit for both the Jaguars and Fromm to get the most of a mid-round quarterback selection in round one.

16.Houston Texans

D'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia
                      The Texans emphasized offensive line in the 2019 NFL Draft, showing their desire to get quarterback Deshaun Watson some help. Another way to help Watson will be with a big, strong three-down back to hand the ball off to. Swift was as impressive as any back in the country as just a sophomore in 2018.

17.Cleveland Browns

Tyler Biadasz, OL, Wisconsin
                      It's crazy to look at this Cleveland Browns roster and realize how nearly complete their depth chart is. If they could use some fortification anywhere it's potentially on the offensive line.
                      "Old school power center. Is a butt kicker up front who will be a terrific fit in a power scheme in the run game. Very well built and offers the needed anchor to go toe to toe with even the biggest of nose tackles if isolated in one on ones. Shows an impressive ability to turn and torque bodies up front as a means of creating a lane up front."
                      -Kyle Crabbs

18.Atlanta Falcons

Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn
                      The Falcons were rumored as a team that was ready to get aggressive into the Top 10 of the 2018 NFL Draft, but that didn't happen. At 6-foot-5, 325 pounds, and a former five-star recruit, Brown went back to school to increase his stock. He had one of the highest PFF grades for interior defensive linemen in 2018 but is looking to solidify that first round status.

19.Seattle Seahawks

Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama
                      Henry Ruggs III is unbelievable. At first we just thought he was just an elite speed receiver, flashing moments where he could be seen as the fastest player in college football. But then, week after week, he continued to show he could make catches through traffic and high point them over defenders, too.
                      Picture it: D.K. Metcalf, Russell Wilson and Henry Ruggs III.

20.Indianapolis Colts

Trey Adams, OT, Washington
                      "Entirely unthreatened by almost every rush plan. Has the functional strength and flexibility to withstand bull rushes and length and quickness to smother two-way goes. Patience, balance, and timing in kick slide and with hands are elite."
                      -Kyle Crabbs

21.Baltimore Ravens

Tylan Wallace, WR, Oklahoma State
                      In his first year as a starter, Wallace recorded nearly 1,500 yards receiving with 12 touchdowns. He had two games with over 200 yards through the air! He's smaller at 6-foot-even, 185 pounds, but he can win with speed as well as go up and get the ball with a ton of vertical athleticism.

22.Dallas Cowboys

Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU
                      The Cowboys are going to have to make some financial decisions with their secondary soon. Fulton might have just been the best cornerback on LSU in 2018, and yes that includes Greedy Williams. Fulton can play lock down man coverage but is also a willing supporter in the run game.

23.Philadelphia Eagles

Yetur Gross-Matos, EDGE, Penn State
                      The 6-foot-5, 270 pound edge defender in Happy Valley recorded 20 (TWENTY!) tackles for loss in his first season as a starter last year. Good luck saying his name, and good luck blocking him. He's a stud.

24.Green Bay Packers

Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU
                      Fun fact: Reagor had a 26-foot long jump... IN HIGH SCHOOL... WHICH WAS THE NO. 1 JUMP IN THE U.S. AT THE TIME.

25.Minnesota Vikings

Dylan Moses, LB, Alabama
                      Dylan Moses was a former five-star recruit, and unfortunately missed a lot of playing time during his freshman year due to injury. However, the following season, in his first real full year of being involved each week, he showed signed of why he was so highly rated out of high school with size, strength, speed and some foundation for good instincts.

26.Pittsburgh Steelers

Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama
                      I thought Deionte Thompson was going to be the best safety on Alabama's team last year, but it turned out to be McKinney.
                      "He's very explosive. He's got really good speed. He is a very instinctive guy. He's got cover ability for a safety, which I think is really, really important. We make him be the money guy or sixth DB in the box as much as we can... Same thing we did with Minkah on third downs last year and we can do that because he can cover well and he's physical. He's a good blitzer and he can tackle well and I think all of those are sort of the modern-day safety. You gotta be able to cover people, cover RPO's and he does a good job of being a deep field player as well as playing short areas of the field."
                      -Nick Saban

27.Oakland Raiders (via CHI)

Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri
                      The Raiders were targeting tight end in the 2018 NFL Draft but didn't hit on one early. Albert OK -- yeah, I'm just gonna call him that -- could be a nice option for them early on in 2019. He's a 6-foot-5, 255-pound touchdown machine who recorded 11 touchdowns as a freshman.

28.Los Angeles Chargers

Tommy Kraemer, OL, Notre Dame
                      When Kraemer gets his hands on you, it's all over. He's a big and powerful offensive lineman who could be a solid addition to the Chargers' O-Line group. Aggressive run blocker but needs to improve in pass protection to be a lock in the first round.

29.New England Patriots

Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson
                      If Brady is going to stick around for a bit longer, you might as well give him as many weapons as he can handle. Higgins can compliment N'Keal Harry very well on the outside. We're about to see exactly what Higgins can do after getting a taste of it last year with Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence.

30.New Orleans Saints

Lorenzo Neal, DT, Purdue
                      With 11.5 career tackles for loss with four sacks, Neal is a big boy at 6-foot-3, 315 pounds who can come in and play the middle of an NFL trench with loads of power.

31.Kansas City Chiefs

Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
                      Speed is the main component of the Chiefs' offense, and adding a player who might just be the fastest man in all of college football makes this a perfect fit. Etienne has legit 4.3 -- perhaps even 4.2 speed. At 5-foot-10, 200 pounds, he can be used as a true running back in the ground game but also in the passing game out of the backfield.

32.Los Angeles Rams

Isaiah Simmons, S, Clemson
                      Simmons is the kind of safety that can play all of the field with athleticism and instincts. Nine tackles for loss, two sacks, an interception, three forced fumbles and 88 total tackles in 2018. He'll have an even bigger role on Clemson's defense in 2019.

A blast from the past. Interesting to see who improved and who regressed. Whatever happened to Trey Adams?

Chargers picking at 28. Who lost their job over that mess of a season?
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

A blast from the past. Interesting to see who improved and who regressed. Whatever happened to Trey Adams?

Chargers picking at 28. Who lost their job over that mess of a season?
                        Not fully healed, he only had a solid year. Then he left his filter at home when he went to the combine interviews, and made that viral crack about wishing he had a bigger tool...
                        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Yikes:

Chiefs may try to trade up for Henry Ruggs

Football Morning in America that a rumor is making the rounds that the Chiefs would like to trade up to select Alabama wide receiver Henry Ruggs, who ran the fastest 40-yard dash at this year’s Scouting Combine.

Adding Ruggs to a receiving corps that already has Tyreek Hill, Mecole Hardman and Sammy Watkins would give Patrick Mahomes a group of weapons with a ridiculous amount of speed, surely the league’s fastest group of wide receivers.

The question, however, is whether the Chiefs would be able to move up high enough to get Ruggs. Most mock drafts have Ruggs going off the board in the Top 15, so the Chiefs, picking 32nd, may not be able to move up high enough to get him. The Chiefs have just five picks in this year’s draft, which doesn’t give them a lot of ammunition to move up in a trade.

If Ruggs should fall toward the bottom of the first round, however, it’s intriguing to consider the possibility that he could go to Kansas City and make a fast receiving corps even faster.

Comment

Working...
                          X