• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

Not many know that Tua sprained his left wrist while taking the test and was unable to finish.

Thats why his score is so low.
    :lol:

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Draft Week is here. 32 Virtual War Rooms, and the league will do a Mock Draft to test out how this will work itself out, so that Thursday won't be a disaster. If there are technical difficulties with a team on the clock, the league will put on a pause.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        Pretty much retired......
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
        • Send PM

So does anybody else see the ironic humor if the Chargers draft Cole Kmet to Los Angeles? K M E T back to LA?? Get it??? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I have been locked up too long.................

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
          So does anybody else see the ironic humor if the Chargers draft Cole Kmet to Los Angeles? K M E T back to LA?? Get it??? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

?????
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

heh, wiki shows KMET-FM signed off in 1987. KMET-AM is currently broadcasting in Banning. Is there a player named San Diego, or Coryell? We all have been locked up too long. Can't wait for this Draft to start.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

?????
              Yeah me too :shrug:

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

I only listend to KNAC!!!!!

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                  Pretty much retired......
                  • Sep 2018
                  • JoJa
                  • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                  • Send PM

For us old dudes, LA had 2 FM rock stations in the 70's. 95.5 KLOS and 94.7 KMET. Now Boltgang 74, I did lots of KNAC in their heyday and lots of KROQ too in the 70's and 80's. I remember I had 10 presets on my car stereo and I would wear them out.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Yep...remember this???:

"K - M - E - T ....bah, bah, bah, bum...
                    ...Is the place to be...
                    ...For the music...on your...radio!!!
                    ...BUM - bum!"

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

from Canepa

A.J. Smith, former GM of The NFL Team That Used to be Here, wouldn’t roll the dice on Tua.

Smith says through email (he enjoys all-caps):

“As I have told you on multiple occasions, doctors are a major player in ALL decisions.

“You will have multiple teams fail him. You will have multiple teams NOT fail him, but will say drafter BEWARE (meaning some medical people will say CAUTION; Tua may have SHORT window of a playing career).

“Due to what I know about the player’s HISTORY of injuries (NOT just the hip) — also due to this current situation the world is in — I would not draft him in the early rounds AT ALL, meaning rounds 1-3.

“IF he still remains ON the board as draft progresses, AND IF he still is on a draft board AFTER round 3, then clearly everyone in the NFL is on the same PAGE.

“Bottom line on Tua. No Medical and opinion from Dr. Chao (David, Smith’s former team physician), I have no interest. But let me emphasize AGAIN, his durability history is a major concern to me besides the HIP.”
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

from Canepa

A.J. Smith, former GM of The NFL Team That Used to be Here, wouldn’t roll the dice on Tua.

“As I have told you on multiple occasions, doctors are a major player in ALL decisions.

“You will have multiple teams fail him. You will have multiple teams NOT fail him, but will say drafter BEWARE (meaning some medical people will say CAUTION; Tua may have SHORT window of a playing career).

“Due to what I know about the player’s HISTORY of injuries (NOT just the hip) — also due to this current situation the world is in — I would not draft him in the early rounds AT ALL, meaning rounds 1-3.

“IF he still remains ON the board as draft progresses, AND IF he still is on a draft board AFTER round 3, then clearly everyone in the NFL is on the same PAGE.

“Bottom line on Tua. No Medical and opinion from Dr. Chao (David, Smith’s former team physician), I have no interest. But let me emphasize AGAIN, his durability history is a major concern to me besides the HIP.”
                        On this point, I'm with A.J....

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

from Canepa

I don't think he will be a Charger - too risky from an injury perspective. Not being able to have your own doctors check him out is a big thing. I think he will go to the Dolphins

Comment

Working...
                          X