Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

Id take Sam Darnold off their hands if so.
    Hell no! Darnold is crap. A turnover machine. Not the QB for AL surely.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• pigskin
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Southern Oregon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
      From Ian Rapoport, @RapSheet

The #Falcons continue to be the team to watch when it comes to moving up in the NFL Draft. They have talked to teams well into the Top 10 and appear ready to make a huge leap from No. 16 via trade. CB remains a position of need: #OSU’s Jeff Okudah and #Florida’s CJ Henderson.

If Tua is gone and Simmons is gone and they want CB like Okudah- this would be my trade with the Falcons:

Chargers send: 1st, 5th and 7th

Falcons send: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 6th

Chargers probably get Herbert at 16 or Love and have plenty of picks in rounds 2-4
      Not enough, I would send them a 1st and 5th for their 1st, 2nd, 4th and 1st next year.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by pigskin View Post

Not enough, I would send them a 1st and 5th for their 1st, 2nd, 4th and 1st next year.
        unless its for Tua -- but that seems like a lot for three spots in the first round

draft points chart is basically 1/3 for 1. So getting a 2nd and a 1st next year seems highly unlikely

Comment

• rikardo
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

unless its for Tua -- but that seems like a lot for three spots in the first round
          The trade is Falcons #16 to Chargers #6
          That's 10 spots

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

He's currently due $13.6 for this season. I highly doubt he takes any less than that.

I do like him as a player, but not at the price he's likely seeking.
            Market price is market price. If he wants to price himself out of the league, that's his option.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by rikardo View Post

The trade is Falcons #16 to Chargers #6
              That's 10 spots
              sorry - my bad -- getting my mock trades confused !!

you are correct sir to the Falcons!!!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

From Ian Rapoport, @RapSheet

The #Falcons continue to be the team to watch when it comes to moving up in the NFL Draft. They have talked to teams well into the Top 10 and appear ready to make a huge leap from No. 16 via trade. CB remains a position of need: #OSU’s Jeff Okudah and #Florida’s CJ Henderson.

If Tua is gone and Simmons is gone and they want CB like Okudah- this would be my trade with the Falcons:

Chargers send: 1st, 5th and 7th

Falcons send: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 6th

Chargers probably get Herbert at 16 or Love and have plenty of picks in rounds 2-4
                I don't know what would be acceptable terms for the trade, but...if Simmons is gone, Okuda and/or Brown could be there at #6. If the Bolts don't want a QB, or want a guy they think they can get at #16 or later, why not get something out of the deal? My mind keeps going back to that pre draft presser...mostly vanilla answers to probing questions, the only time he seemed to light up a bit, was when talking about the depth in this draft, and in the 1st round in particular. Would not shock me a bit to see the Chargers on the move, one way or another.
                Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

I am flat out against trading down 10 spots. Too low for the premium talent that is available this year.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Lemme pose a question...if the Jags are in complete dump and rebuild mode, and are tanking for Trevor next year...could Herbert fall to #16? That would be a coup, if TT could get the QB he wants, plus extra picks...and maybe some folks on here could be soothed in that we didn't take him at #6. Could also be we actually like Love there (grit my teeth)...

If Simmons isn't there, I'm really up for anything...
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I don't know what would be acceptable terms for the trade, but...if Simmons is gone, Okuda and/or Brown could be there at #6. If the Bolts don't want a QB, or want a guy they think they can get at #16 or later, why not get something out of the deal? My mind keeps going back to that pre draft presser...mostly vanilla answers to probing questions, the only time he seemed to light up a bit, was when talking about the depth in this draft, and in the 1st round in particular. Would not shock me a bit to see the Chargers on the move, one way or another.
                      was thinkin' the same thing.... if it's true that Telesco has had Herbert No. 1 on his board for two years running now, and/or.... they like J. Love ??

think the straight value trade would be getting back this year's and next year's No. 1 picks, or....

you could expect to get this year's second and a next year's second, or....

their second and third this year.... in addition to the swap of first rounders.

and that said.... wouldn't do it, and would wait 'til the mid rounds before I looked to trade down.... if available then.
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                        Lemme pose a question...if the Jags are in complete dump and rebuild mode, and are tanking for Trevor next year...could Herbert fall to #16? That would be a coup, if TT could get the QB he wants, plus extra picks...and maybe some folks on here could be soothed in that we didn't take him at #6. Could also be we actually like Love there (grit my teeth)...

If Simmons isn't there, I'm really up for anything...
                        this is where I am too. based on the Bologna Anonymous posting of top 15 players - have zero clue in terms of buckets. meaning we know the top 4 but is the a drop off to 5 - and is there drop off from 10 to 15 or less than 4 to 5. Draft seems to have a lot of depth and the Chargers with so many free agents might be wise to get players as some are leaving this next spring. (hence why Des King might be a trade target as a 5th rounder now is better than having to play the comp game for a pick in 2022)

Comment

• SYB
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Market price is market price. If he wants to price himself out of the league, that's his option.
                          According to who, you?

If you look at recent contracts that are paying shitty OT's who couldn't carry Trent's jock, like Solder ($15.5mil) or Humphries ($14.75), it would show how out of touch you are with current prices. Now I have no idea what his motivation will be. Maybe he agrees to take less money in order to play for a contender. But $12 million is far from "market" for a LT of his stature. And with the new CBA and rise in salary cap, I expect prices to continue to rise.

Comment

Working...
                          X