• Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Wow! That is quite an analysis.

Now less than two weeks from the draft, this is what I have as draft clusters for all seven rounds with no trades in order of preference in each round:

1/6: Isaiah Simmons (LB--Clemson), Mekhi Becton (OT--Louisville), Derrick Brown (DT--Auburn), Jeffrey Okudah (CB--Ohio State)

2/37: D'Andre Swift (RB--Georgia), Justin Jefferson (WR--LSU), Jonathan Taylor (RB--Wisconsin), Cesar Ruiz (C--Michigan)

3/71: Lloyd Cushenberry (C--LSU), Chase Claypool (WR--Notre Dame), Jeremy Chinn (S--Southern Illinois), Cam Akers (RB--Florida State)

4/112: Albert Okweugbunam (TE--Missouri), Darrell Taylor (DE--Tenessee), Davon Hamilton (DT--Ohio State), Logan Wilson (LB--Wyoming)

5/151: Rashard Lawrence (DT--LSU), Alex Taylor (OT--South Carolina State), A.J. Dillon (RB--Boston College), Michael Ojemudia (CB--Iowa)

6/186: Antonio Gibson (WR--Memphis), Davion Taylor (LB--Colorado), Darrynton Evans (RB--Appalachian State), Charlie Heck (OT--North Carolina)

7/220: Oluwole Betiku (DE--Illinois), Terence Steele (OT--Texas Tech), Isaiah Coulter (WR--Rhode Island), Tanner Muse (LB--Clemson)

IMO, it is no better than 50/50 that Simmons is on the board at #6 overall, but he is too good to pass up if he is there. If he is not there, then Becton sets my draft up nicely as he fills the team's greatest need with good pick value at #6. I see the QBs as simply being too risky to take at #6--any of them.

To me, Swift is a game changer in that he is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. His cutting ability is incredible and it separates him from every other RB in this draft class. Jefferson would represent great value at #37 too.

Center is a position of need with the uncertainty and diminishing returns concerning Pouncey. Cushenberry would address that if we are fortunate enough to see him still on the board at #71. I think it will be close. Apparently like a lot of us, I like Akers too.

Okweugbunam's potential seems underrated. I think he could pair nicely with Henry in two TE sets that could cause alignment/matchup problems for defenses as the receiving ability would be too good for run defenders and the blocking ability (even though Okweugbunam is not known for his blocking ability, he is still a large body) would be too much for smaller/quicker, but likely softer pass defenders. I like Taylor's potential as well at 4/112. He is a solid/strong player with considerable athleticism that could allow him to develop into a plus pass rushing DE.

I think Lawrence would be a good value pick at 5/151 that could end up as a strong rotational DT for us. Dillon would be a nice fit for us too as he would be the kind of athletic big back that the team has been missing for some time now.

Gibson is a player that has the speed to stretch defenses, something we were lacking last year after Tyrell Williams went to Oakland. Evans is an underrated RB that I think would very quietly be a good value pick at 6/186.

Betiku has some pass rushing ability and could make the team as a solid reserve. Coulter is another late round fast WR that would be there to stretch defenses. Muse has some potential to transition into a pass coverage LB after being a safety at Clemson.

It should be interesting to see how things develop over the next couple of weeks.
    All clustas are very solid, crusher !
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
      39. Zack Baun, OLB, Wisconsin — Former HS QB terrorized them in breakout 2019 season, jumping from 2.5 sacks to 12.5. Agile, explosive and ascending.

Nice jump in production. Wonder why.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

All clustas are very solid, crusher !
        No QB in there...he just wants to dream about Lawrence in Bolts for another year...when we pick a QB, he will have to change his name to "Dreamcrusher"...

See how a "Lawrence" made it into his mock? That's his subconscious fucking with him...:lol::lol::lol:

Solid takes on those players though, DC...
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

39. Zack Baun, OLB, Wisconsin — Former HS QB terrorized them in breakout 2019 season, jumping from 2.5 sacks to 12.5. Agile, explosive and ascending.

Nice jump in production. Wonder why.
          Hydration, hydration, hydration.....

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

No QB in there...he just wants to dream about Lawrence in Bolts for another year...when we pick a QB, he will have to change his name to "Dreamcrusher"...

See how a "Lawrence" made it into his mock? That's his subconscious fucking with him...:lol::lol::lol:

Oooops....I meant CC!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I understand that because I believe that Lawrence is a once in a generation prospect, you believe that that guides my thinking regarding QBs, even filtering into my subconscious. I hope that is not the case.

My thought process was that I do not believe in drafting any QBs other than franchise QBs as I believe backups are generally available in free agency at a reasonable price. Any potential franchise QB I would consider has to be reasonably likely to be a significant upgrade over Taylor within 1-2 years at most. Otherwise, I can just keep Taylor, who is a solid game manager type QB--not flashy in terms of great throws made, but very good at not turning the ball over. I can then use the early draft pick to add something else in addition to Taylor.

In this year's class, the one QB that I think meets the above criteria is Herbert. I would take Herbert, but he is, in my view, overvalued at #6 overall. I was agressive with my clusters, by which I mean that there will likely be some players in each cluster that have already been drafted when our pick rolls around for the round in question, but I tried not to be unrealistic.

In doing so, I did not see a big board or mock draft anywhere that suggested that Herbert would realistically be available at #37 overall, but since I see him as a second half of the first round player, Herbert definitely would have been in the mix with D'Andre Swift and Justin Jefferson, who I also view as second half of the first round worthy players, but who I have seen on big boards listed as late first round and/or early second round players versus Herbert being listed in the vast majority of cases as an early first round player.

Lastly, it is interesting that you mentioned my one mentioning of a "Lawrence", but ignored the four players named "Taylor" included in my draft clusters.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I understand that because I believe that Lawrence is a once in a generation prospect, you believe that that guides my thinking regarding QBs, even filtering into my subconscious. I hope that is not the case.

My thought process was that I do not believe in drafting any QBs other than franchise QBs as I believe backups are generally available in free agency at a reasonable price. Any potential franchise QB I would consider has to be reasonably likely to be a significant upgrade over Taylor within 1-2 years at most. Otherwise, I can just keep Taylor, who is a solid game manager type QB--not flashy in terms of great throws made, but very good at not turning the ball over. I can then use the early draft pick to add something else in addition to Taylor.

In this year's class, the one QB that I think meets the above criteria is Herbert. I would take Herbert, but he is, in my view, overvalued at #6 overall. I was agressive with my clusters, by which I mean that there will likely be some players in each cluster that have already been drafted when our pick rolls around for the round in question, but I tried not to be unrealistic.

In doing so, I did not see a big board or mock draft anywhere that suggested that Herbert would realistically be available at #37 overall, but since I see him as a second half of the first round player, Herbert definitely would have been in the mix with D'Andre Swift and Justin Jefferson, who I also view as second half of the first round worthy players, but who I have seen on big boards listed as late first round and/or early second round players versus Herbert being listed in the vast majority of cases as an early first round player.

Lastly, it is interesting that you mentioned my one mentioning of a "Lawrence", but ignored the four players named "Taylor" included in my draft clusters.
                Touche...

Yours and others' infatuation with Lawrence, who isn't even available til next year, used to confound me...but what the fuck? We all have our ideas about how to accomplish the same thing...win a Super Bowl...so cheers...and the jeers are all in good fun.:beer:

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Watched some video yesterday.
                  --Reggie White.
                  --Jerome Brown.
                  --Gary Johnson.

opcorn:

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    Watched some video yesterday.
                    --Reggie White.
                    --Jerome Brown.
                    --Gary Johnson.

opcorn:
                    Remind your of....
                    - Baby Barrack
                    ​​​​​​- Javon
                    - J. Elliot - little bigger package
                    ?????
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Touche...

Yours and others' infatuation with Lawrence, who isn't even available til next year, used to confound me...but what the fuck? We all have our ideas about how to accomplish the same thing...win a Super Bowl...so cheers...and the jeers are all in good fun.:beer:
                      Great QB's don't always win you superbowls...look how long it took Peyton Manning to win a superbowl...Dan Marino and Phillip Rivers Zip, Nada, Nothing...John Elway took a long time as well but he did get them to the SB a few times....who the Bleep is garapolo?!?! he almost won it....
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

The Case For woodMock v6

Telesco's previous employer, the Indianapolis Colts,
                        had the unequaled good fortune to have Peyton Manning as their QB,
                        seamlessly followed by Andrew Luck.
                        The end result has been no additional Super Bowl wins.

Telesco has learned.
                        None of the QBs in the 2020 draft are as clean of prospects as was Andrew Luck.
                        Overhyped Burrow was artificially boosted by the presence of now former LSU OC Joe Brady + La'Marr Chase et al.
                        Injury red flag Tua has benefited greatly from the influence of Saban, and several elite offensive weapons.
                        Herbert is all bun, no burger...there's all this sauce and condiments, and you are left wondering wear the meat is.
                        Love and Hurts are Akili Smith light.

It is the Chargers fate, that we will NOT be going from Rivers,
                        right into our next franchise QB.

We have to do what we can
                        with who we have
                        and who we can get.

Derwin and Joey are two of the top under 25 years old
                        players in the NFL.
                        The correct draft strategy is to build a top 3 defense and go from there.

Let the draft board come to you TT...BPA !!

I rest my case.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Sound.

Comment

Working...
                          X