• Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    The Case For woodMock v6

Telesco's previous employer, the Indianapolis Colts,
    had the unequaled good fortune to have Peyton Manning as their QB,
    seamlessly followed by Andrew Luck.
    The end result has been no additional Super Bowl wins.

Telesco has learned.
    None of the QBs in the 2020 draft are as clean of prospects as was Andrew Luck.
    Overhyped Burrow was artificially boosted by the presence of now former LSU OC Joe Brady + La'Marr Chase et al.
    Injury red flag Tua has benefited greatly from the influence of Saban, and several elite offensive weapons.
    Herbert is all bun, no burger...there's all this sauce and condiments, and you are left wondering wear the meat is.
    Love and Hurts are Akili Smith light.

It is the Chargers fate, that we will NOT be going from Rivers,
    right into our next franchise QB.

We have to do what we can
    with who we have
    and who we can get.

Derwin and Joey are two of the top under 25 years old
    players in the NFL.
    The correct draft strategy is to build a top 3 defense and go from there.

Let the draft board come to you TT...BPA !!

I rest my case.
    I like it. Good analogy but still think Burrow is the best of the bunch and will be good in the NFL. Just probably won't reach his potentual at Cincinnati.
    I can see Tua being successful but just don't see him lasting a season....ever.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

The Case For woodMock v6

Telesco's previous employer, the Indianapolis Colts,
      had the unequaled good fortune to have Peyton Manning as their QB,
      seamlessly followed by Andrew Luck.
      The end result has been no additional Super Bowl wins.

Telesco has learned.
      None of the QBs in the 2020 draft are as clean of prospects as was Andrew Luck.
      Overhyped Burrow was artificially boosted by the presence of now former LSU OC Joe Brady + La'Marr Chase et al.
      Injury red flag Tua has benefited greatly from the influence of Saban, and several elite offensive weapons.
      Herbert is all bun, no burger...there's all this sauce and condiments, and you are left wondering wear the meat is.
      Love and Hurts are Akili Smith light.

It is the Chargers fate, that we will NOT be going from Rivers,
      right into our next franchise QB.

We have to do what we can
      with who we have
      and who we can get.

Derwin and Joey are two of the top under 25 years old
      players in the NFL.
      The correct draft strategy is to build a top 3 defense and go from there.

Let the draft board come to you TT...BPA !!

I rest my case.
      Solid take woodeye
      it’s next to impossible to argue against continuing to build the defense. Arguably the smartest approach is to help our best player, and that is arguably Bosa.
      As a Tua advocate, I’d be more excited than disappointed drafting Brown.
      im more than willing to gamble on finding better value at qb in the mold of a game manager while we shoot into elite defense status.

give us some perspective of your other picks
      we demand MORE!
      P1. Block Destruction
      P2. Shocking Effort
      P3. Ball Disruption
      P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Watched some video yesterday.
        --Reggie White.
        --Jerome Brown.
        --Gary Johnson.

opcorn:
        Me too...
        —Brees
        —Wilson
        —Young

#tootua4you

P1. Block Destruction
        P2. Shocking Effort
        P3. Ball Disruption

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Why would the Niners wish to draft a QB? They almost won a SB with Jimmy G.

As for Hurts, I too think he's probably high on Lynn's list - we'll know pretty soon!

P1. Block Destruction
          P2. Shocking Effort
          P3. Ball Disruption

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Regarding the idea of drafting Oline in 2020, my final analysis is this.
            It is close, but Derrick Brown grades as at a slightly higher talent level than the big four offensive tackles under consideration at #6, plus he will have much more impact than realized.

We argue that Wills, Wirfs, Becton or Thomas ought to be the pick. Well, them and Ruiz, Hennessey, Cushenberry, maybe Hunt (not PON prospects), are the day one starters. Any of the other Olinemen, Austin Jackson, Ezra Cleveland, Josh Jones, Niang, Prince, etc, ie the candidates at #37, they are not ready to start. With no off season due to Covid 19, player development will be minimal or non existent !

ANYONE we draft will have to be plug n play, assume a needed specialized role, or unable to be counted on until 2021.

It is posited that we would be fools to draft Derrick Brown, after all we just invested in Tillery, Justin Jones, Broughton and Linval. Can't the same argument be applied to Oline ? We have stockpiled Bulaga, Turner, Feeney, Lamp, Pipkens, Quessenberry, now Storm. Pouncey is back from the neck hospital.

The tragedy of what we did to Rivers is over. Our best way forward is to continue to develop who we have at Oline, those who have at least some NFL experience.

Derrick Brown is #3 on my big board.

A shit kicking defense is not a bad thing.

Tomorrow, I will go into detail, showing how Brown, and the rest of this proposed draft class, would help us get Patrick, manage Chuckie, etc, do the things we need to do win the Super Bowl. It all starts with the AFCW.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Preach it, brother!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

i would love an ass whooping DT. I just don't think D Brown is that guy.
                Alabama basically handled him two times, seldom using double teams. I can't get over that.
                His combine performance was underwhelming. He's not explosive off the snap.

The two DTs i really liked the last few years were Chris Jones & Jeffrey Simmons......he's not at their level.

I wouldn't hate the pick, but i'd prefer to go elsewhere.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

I am still on the Simmons bandwagon but if the pick is Brown (or Okudah or even OT) - I won't be that made. All fill needs. I just think Simmons would be another playmaker and Brown, that anchor on the DLine

To what Wu posted above - I agree, let the board come to you. Don't overplay things - see how they shake out and than make your choice

Though OT and DL are good choices - still want Simmons.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                    Day One...
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Brentwood, 94513
                    • Send PM

The Charger have to let the board come to them. Please don't move up. Trade back to get more solid mid picks, but if Simmons makes it to 6 then this is the best move to take this defense there.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Agree, let the board come to us. Too many good options at 6, 37, 71. I'd hate to give one or more up. A solid argument can be made for several players at those numbers. Honor the board. If the homework was solid, so our draft will be.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                        Agree, let the board come to us. Too many good options at 6, 37, 71. I'd hate to give one or more up. A solid argument can be made for several players at those numbers. Honor the board. If the homework was solid, so our draft will be.
                        Very good options at 6, 37 and 71. Should get three players, unless one is QB - that can really help the team. I am hoping 2nd or 3rd is a WR - though its a very good WR class. Possibly can get to the 4th

Hence why trading back if Simmons is gone might make sense. The Chargers might be able to get Tua or Herbert at 9 even if one of them gets by Miami. Detroit and Miami - those two seem to be the key spots for QB. Does somebody trade up to Detroit or do the Fish stay back realizing they probably will have their pick of Tua or Herbert without moving.

Adding another top second rounder or even third rounder would be a pretty solid move by Telesco. But only if Simmons is gone.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Regarding the idea of drafting Oline in 2020, my final analysis is this.
                          It is close, but Derrick Brown grades as at a slightly higher talent level than the big four offensive tackles under consideration at #6, plus he will have much more impact than realized.

We argue that Wills, Wirfs, Becton or Thomas ought to be the pick. Well, them and Ruiz, Hennessey, Cushenberry, maybe Hunt (not PON prospects), are the day one starters. Any of the other Olinemen, Austin Jackson, Ezra Cleveland, Josh Jones, Niang, Prince, etc, ie the candidates at #37, they are not ready to start. With no off season due to Covid 19, player development will be minimal or non existent !

ANYONE we draft will have to be plug n play, assume a needed specialized role, or unable to be counted on until 2021.

It is posited that we would be fools to draft Derrick Brown, after all we just invested in Tillery, Justin Jones, Broughton and Linval. Can't the same argument be applied to Oline ? We have stockpiled Bulaga, Turner, Feeney, Lamp, Pipkens, Quessenberry, now Storm. Pouncey is back from the neck hospital.

The tragedy of what we did to Rivers is over. Our best way forward is to continue to develop who we have at Oline, those who have at least some NFL experience.

Derrick Brown is #3 on my big board.

A shit kicking defense is not a bad thing.

Tomorrow, I will go into detail, showing how Brown, and the rest of this proposed draft class, would help us get Patrick, manage Chuckie, etc, do the things we need to do win the Super Bowl. It all starts with the AFCW.
                          I believe you have to factor in positional value and team needs. Brown is not rated that much higher than the top OTs, plus ratings are just opinion and not a statement of how well any player will actually play. Throw in a positional value factor and the top OTs are rated higher then Brown.

As for position of need, OLT is a 5 out of 5 need, DT about a 3/5 need.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X