Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
    Interesting thoughts on Hebert, who chargers will likely fall in love with or settle for, since Chargers are very not likely to trade up to get Burrow or Tiua........

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

interesting comments about Hebert playing better when his coach was aggressive and not as well when Oregon mostly ran the ball..... will he be a good fit with conservative Lynn?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

They compare him to Lawrence...... similar running skills, size, arm strength.......

I see some similarities, both mostly stare down receivers and throw high velocity bullet passes..... but not sure since i have not seen all their games...... at Oregon Hebert played against far worse competition, but I do agree the talent on Clemson, LSU, Alabama is NFL level........ vs very few Oregon players will make it in NFL......

At least we know Herbert is a good kid and a smart kid..... and not afraid to get hit...... he's nor leaf or krissy everett...... whether we get Burrow, Tua, or Hebert, we will have to add 2-3 speedy WR's...a speedy RB, . and a speedy TE..... to take advantage of their strong arms..... and deep accuracy......

We are still a month away from FA and 3 months from draft.... alot can happen.....

Drafting at 6, Without having a great QB, our #1 priority has to be to find a great QB........
    Do you actually watch and understand football?
    PAC-12 has no talent or defenses?
    Few Oregon players will make it to the NFL? I can count 8 that will be drafted in 2020 alone off the top of my head.

Stop repeating your foolish takes that have been refuted, dispelled, and shown to be false.
    High volume low IQ takes, that are absent of facts, and rubbish prognostications are getting fucking old.
    You can do BETTER!
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• OhioBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Plenty o talk that Adderly will never beat out the elite Rayshawn now...lol.

I've been calling Nasir a Corner.

Not sure it matters with Watkins flexibility.
      I think that is where Coach Lynn lost some of his creditability with that comment!!!!

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

What is crazy, is in college he was a star deep center field FS.......able to cover/defend deep balls to either sideline with great instincts........ he also showed that against 49ers in last pre season game..... he made 3-4 rangy plays that no charger safety has made in may years, if ever....... he dropped a few picks but caught the last one.... but no other chargers safety other than maybe James could have even been close to those......

he just needs to get healthy and put on the field....... maybe he is slow learning new system???...... but he has skills and instincts......

Chargers need to add at least one pure cover CB, not concert a safety to CB..... different skills....great FS's are looking at the QB....great CB's play with backs to QB.....
        Do our CBs play with their “backs to QB” most of the time?
        Did Nasir play boundary and .05 CB for 2 years at Delaware?
        What “different skills” separate the 2 DB positions?

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• OhioBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          Doubt we draft Simmons to play safety. I'd assume he would play LB and in Phillips spot when in that package.
          I would be okay with that too, would our starting LBs White, Simmons, and Tranquill?

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Plenty o talk that Adderly will never beat out the elite Rayshawn now...lol.

I've been calling Nasir a Corner.

Not sure it matters with Watkins flexibility.
            If Watkins is brought back. But Nasir needs to be on the field. I don't think a Hamstring injury should keep him on IR.
            He was flying around the field in preseason game 4 and then......he is injured all season?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If Watkins is brought back. But Nasir needs to be on the field. I don't think a Hamstring injury should keep him on IR.
              He was flying around the field in preseason game 4 and then......he is injured all season?
              Nasir looked very good at FS.
              Something is definitely wrong with this picture.
              Jenkins may not be unseated at this point.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Nasir flashed oh too briefly at FS the type of play I don’t recall the Chargers EVER fielding at that spot. His range and ability to cover ground to close on a deep ball is amazing and would free James up to play much more often much closer to the LOS - a dynamic pairing. May God heal his lady parts and give him strength to go back on the field ...

We need a stout 2-down DT (dare I say NT - i know, they are no longer relevant in today’s nfl ... cough). Fuck this 3 down or nada mentality - there are plenty of 2 down and short yard/goal line plays that matter and matter a lot. Stop the first 2 downs and your odds of success go up dramatically.

I can’t wait to see the e-Stick in the next PS. I must have completely missed those amazing pro caliber QB skills so many here see. I’ll definitely watch closer.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Not many, just a couple of us lol.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Nasir looked very good at FS.
                    Something is definitely wrong with this picture.
                    Jenkins may not be unseated at this point.
                    Nasir looked good against 3rd stringers. Then he couldn’t play with a nagging injury. Gus even called him out for it. That rarely happens. He may not be tough enough for the NFL.

lotta people loved kyzir white after 3 games in his rookie season. Sophomore season? Nothing. Looking like a bust now.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Nasir looked good against 3rd stringers. Then he couldn’t play with a nagging injury. Gus even called him out for it. That rarely happens. He may not be tough enough for the NFL.

lotta people loved kyzir white after 3 games in his rookie season. Sophomore season? Nothing. Looking like a bust now.
                      Bust? A second year, 4th round draft pick, that has started at WILL, MIKE, & OTTO.
                      I admit I don’t understand the position changes other than old man Davis had to start at WILL and was less than year from Kyzir’s knee injury.

NFL and PFF player stats for Arizona Cardinals LB Kyzir White on Pro Football Focus.

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

This is something that is lost on almost all posters.

TT is building a roster.
                        Have a detailed look at our complete depth chart.
                        It is about player development.
                        This occurs at different levels for each player.
                        All the players we rate as too old, no good, too slow to develop, utter busts, injury prone, ALL the descriptive...
                        they fit in here somewhere in that ongoing process.
                        That ought to be considered,
                        along with everyone's "golden" personnel analysis.

If you listen,
                        TT is saying all this,
                        in stark, straightforward terms.

The goal is to have second, third, fourth, even fifth year players as our leadership and core.

That involves a somewhat slower, steadier process...patience...it is no longer about hurrying up and scratching up something together,
                        before it is too late.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

I confess, as the season went on, I kept forgetting we even drafted Adderley...I suggest you all do the same. Just pretend we didn't have a second round pick...then if Adderley busts, and it does seem like there is something a bit odd there...you won't really miss him. If, on the other hand, he just made a lot of impatient rehab mistakes, and breaks out next year, it will be like finding an unopened Christmas present, back of the closet, in July....To: Charger fans From: Football Gods
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X