Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Bosa goes where the money is. So if we don't keep Rivers, the Spanii need to drop a huge contract on him.
    Yes please
    some guys you just bite the bullet and pay
    Spani clan have been good in this area historically
    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Yes please
      some guys you just bite the bullet and pay
      Spani clan have been good in this area historically
      Bosa definitely goes where the money is. his parents have hard-wired him and his lil bro, and hover over contract ink before it dries. Dad is still bitter about being chewed up and spit out. mom might be more bitter.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

If TT keeps Lynn, the smart draft would be OT Thomas in the first round, then Hurts in the second/move up a bit if he starts getting pre-draft buzz. And he should given his body of work, the LSU game was all about playing behind a JV Oline against the top D, just brutal for any QB. Don’t get the negative comments about not wanting to stay in the pocket, career-wise he is very good at that, again if you’re only looking at the LSU game you’re not seeing what he can do. He gets a lot if play calls to run it, cuz he’s freakin good at it. But his pocket awareness is very good and he can extend a play and find an open receiver as good as any top college QB. Again, switch QBs in that playoff game and Hurts would’ve killed it behind that LSU Oline. Also give Oklahoma a different QB, that team does not go 12-1.

Anyhoo, we need OL so Thomas is the smart pick, and Hurts will be an LJ type game-winning QB at the next level for some lucky team, hopefully us. I see some like Eason, kinda a mini-me version of Burrow, but again his best games are in a perfect pocket. We don’t have that and likely never will, sadly, please don’t draft a QB who requires that.

Comment

• glutton4Bolts
          glutton for punishment
          • Jan 2019
          • Lake Arrowhead, CA
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

If I were TT and going into "O Line Build" mode in 2020, I'm doing anything I can without getting banned by the league and stripped of a #1 pick to tank every game. I can't start Philip, he'll win 9+ games with a great OL. Cardale, pack your duffel, your my starter! I take Lawrence at the #1 pick, after I climbed over (er, under) every team in my way and I'm on my way to dominate until the '30s. He won't be there at pick #2 and he's the guy to build my LA dynasty atop.
          It would be a very bad look to be the worst team in the NFL in the very 1st season in the new stadium. After this season and the bust picks in the 2019 draft, I don't think TT would survive it. As such, if TT is still at the helm then they are looking for a franchise QB now and will be hoping that the extra money from PRs lack of contract w/ allow them to repair the OL. Seriously, this team is one year removed from what was a very good team... especially considering the injuries on D. To keep their jobs the FO is going to be looking to catch lightning in a bottle in this year's draft.

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

They were a very good team last year and Rivers had a big roll in that.This f.o. is clueless and will probably dump Rivers for a shiney new toy.

Comment

• glutton4Bolts
              glutton for punishment
              • Jan 2019
              • Lake Arrowhead, CA
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
              If TT keeps Lynn, the smart draft would be OT Thomas in the first round, then Hurts in the second/move up a bit if he starts getting pre-draft buzz. And he should given his body of work, the LSU game was all about playing behind a JV Oline against the top D, just brutal for any QB. Don’t get the negative comments about not wanting to stay in the pocket, career-wise he is very good at that, again if you’re only looking at the LSU game you’re not seeing what he can do. He gets a lot if play calls to run it, cuz he’s freakin good at it. But his pocket awareness is very good and he can extend a play and find an open receiver as good as any top college QB. Again, switch QBs in that playoff game and Hurts would’ve killed it behind that LSU Oline. Also give Oklahoma a different QB, that team does not go 12-1.

Anyhoo, we need OL so Thomas is the smart pick, and Hurts will be an LJ type game-winning QB at the next level for some lucky team, hopefully us. I see some like Eason, kinda a mini-me version of Burrow, but again his best games are in a perfect pocket. We don’t have that and likely never will, sadly, please don’t draft a QB who requires that.
              I like Hurts but I am guessing his stock rises significantly during the combine/pre-draft "season" and will be a 1st rounder before all is said and done. Not sure the Bolts can afford to trade away any picks at this point. Moving up from 6 in the 2nd to the low 20s overall is costly. If the lack of PR allows us to spend roughly 20 million elsewhere then that will help... but Bosa is going to demand a lot of it. Man... we are in a bad way right now :-(

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by glutton4Bolts View Post

It would be a very bad look to be the worst team in the NFL in the very 1st season in the new stadium. After this season and the bust picks in the 2019 draft, I don't think TT would survive it. As such, if TT is still at the helm then they are looking for a franchise QB now and will be hoping that the extra money from PRs lack of contract w/ allow them to repair the OL. Seriously, this team is one year removed from what was a very good team... especially considering the injuries on D. To keep their jobs the FO is going to be looking to catch lightning in a bottle in this year's draft.
                Agree. i posted elsewhere (as all threads seem to be talking abut the same exact thing ) that separate from TT's obvious getting fired for that - the Spani can't roll into Kronky Palace in their already laughable #Fight4LA faceplant status and post a goose egg up on 2020. That could take another 10+ years to overcome. Given they already are on a 20 year track to gain any sense of following ... thats a long time out in the wilderness.

the fun part of that is its utterly futile for all involved. TT and Lynn will get fired next year, and the Spani will never win LA. lol.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Sad but true.But as long as they are makin a profit does anybody really think its keepin em up at night?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

We need a Boltgang74 mock.
                    With all these ass kicking trenchers.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I like Hurts but I am guessing his stock rises significantly during the combine/pre-draft "season" and will be a 1st rounder before all is said and done. Not sure the Bolts can afford to trade away any picks at this point. Moving up from 6 in the 2nd to the low 20s overall is costly. If the lack of PR allows us to spend roughly 20 million elsewhere then that will help... but Bosa is going to demand a lot of it. Man... we are in a bad way right now :-(
                      The yeah but is, if we don’t snag a QB like Hurts somehow...Taylor and Stick? The extra pick is worth it IMO.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        We need a Boltgang74 mock.
                        With all these ass kicking trenchers.
                        Lol soon,soon.Be honest I have put up mocks for the last few years on the old forum but just the way things have gone this season and with the whole Rivers situation I haven't looked very hard at the new prospects like I use to.Just kinda bummed I guess to see how far we have fallen in one season.And knowin how this organization works it's just got me feelin kinda blah right now.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

The easiest pick at 6 - if he is there - is Thomas. Solid LT. If Okung is healthy, slide him to RT. Maybe get an OG in free agency. And than another OG/OT in the draft. Nothing wrong with taking a boring old OT in round 1 and 3 with a DT in Round 2. Also, will help this team immensely no matter the QB.

Comment

Working...
                          X