Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by mecho View Post
    Don't know how realistic this is but here is mine based upon our needs, no trades as you have to pay for that. Done on the draft network

Tua Tagovailoa QB
    Austin Jackson OT
    Chase Claypool WR
    Leki Fotu DT
    Harrison Bryant TE
    Joshua Kelley RB
    A.J. Green CB

No one is out of selection range. I wouldn’t complain.
    I am convinced we must trade down in at least one or two rounds to acquire at least 2 more picks this year and a pick or two in 2021.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Trade down a bit with Jets......just wanted to see what happened. Was gonna not go with Herbert but did it anyways. At least we got two extras out f it.
      11. Justin Herbert
      QB Oregon
      37. Jonathan Taylor
      RB Wisconsin
      48. Lloyd Cushenberry
      C LSU
      71. Chase Claypool
      WR Notre Dame
      112. Van Jefferson
      WR Florida
      120. Hunter Bryant
      TE Washington
      151. Saahdiq Charles
      OT LSU
      186. Michael Ojemudia
      CB Iowa
      220. Jonathan Garvin
      Edge Miami
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-06-2020, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Hmm, I thought it was Rivers fault,.....with the decline and all.
        Well we did have an extra $25 mil this off-season for FAs. That helps.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Well we did have an extra $25 mil this off-season for FAs. That helps.
          Rivers salary was not the problem. Rivers play was the problem combined with the fact that Telesco absolutely has failed on giving him a consistent OL. I get the Pouncey and Okung situations were not all Toms fault but having Sam Tevi as yoru Starting RT - thats all on him.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Rivers salary was not the problem. Rivers play was the problem combined with the fact that Telesco absolutely has failed on giving him a consistent OL. I get the Pouncey and Okung situations were not all Toms fault but having Sam Tevi as yoru Starting RT - thats all on him.
            Blame everywhere, yes. Just pointing out when any one player is costing that much, it means you can’t bring in 3-4 guys like we did this off-season. Math for the W!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Blame everywhere, yes. Just pointing out when any one player is costing that much, it means you can’t bring in 3-4 guys like we did this off-season. Math for the W!
              Well -yes and no. Teams manage having a QB make a lot of money: Steelers, Seattle, the Saints, Green Bay. But they draft pretty damn well and have good coaching. And a QB that doesn't have a TD/INT ratio of 23/20!! Also, some teams like the STeelers and SAints just manipulate the hell out of the cap - it will cost them one day .

I was a big Rivers fan - but I think it was best for both parties to move on after last year. And it wasn't money driven - it was production driven.

Comment

• mecho
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

No one is out of selection range. I wouldn’t complain.
                I am convinced we must trade down in at least one or two rounds to acquire at least 2 more picks this year and a pick or two in 2021.
                If we are going Qb we have to stand pat and select either Herbert or Tua. If we aren't I agree we would do well trading down and picking up a few extra picks 49 ers could be a good option.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Well -yes and no. Teams manage having a QB make a lot of money: Steelers, Seattle, the Saints, Green Bay. But they draft pretty damn well and have good coaching. And a QB that doesn't have a TD/INT ratio of 23/20!! Also, some teams like the STeelers and SAints just manipulate the hell out of the cap - it will cost them one day .

I was a big Rivers fan - but I think it was best for both parties to move on after last year. And it wasn't money driven - it was production driven.
                  Steelers were 8-8. kiss your sister good.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

It's always a problem. Rookie qb contract is $5+ mil and then you have $20 mil to add for impact oline and defenders instead of chunks of meat to fill in. So if you we're budgeted for $4 mil player and can now spend $8 mil for twice the player at a given position now you have 5 extra better players on the team. There is a salary cap and the money does matter.
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

for those of you more concerned w/being right, rather than suggesting what you would do if said team @said selection.... check out this guy's mock draft strategems,

https://www.mockout.com/nfl-mock-draft/

Raiders trade up for second Hawaiian to pair w/Marcus, and while the more Chan Gailey compatible QB is JH

passes on both Lamb 'n Ruggs for receiver #3 @6

pencils in Isaiah as the Luke heir apparent, and then goes Wirfs, Wells, before Thomas, who he thinks could go fourth overall, and.... leaving Mekhi to linger in the twentysomethings

drops D. Brown and Javon much lower than most, and slots CJ Henderson (way) too high (@least for my liking/suspicions)

Taylor is first RB off, and in the first half of play @that, and.... thinks Love could "fall" to the either of Indy or NE

Niang by a neck over Tega Wanogho, and to replace Conklin in Tennessee, and.... Reagor over JJ by a hair, and to close out the first round

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                        for those of you more concerned w/being right, rather than suggesting what you would do if said team @said selection.... check out this guy's mock draft strategems,

https://www.mockout.com/nfl-mock-draft/

Raiders trade up for second Hawaiian to pair w/Marcus, and while the more Chan Gailey compatible QB is JH

passes on both Lamb 'n Ruggs for receiver #3 @6

pencils in Isaiah as the Luke heir apparent, and then goes Wirfs, Wells, before Thomas, who he thinks could go fourth overall, and.... leaving Mekhi to linger in the twentysomethings

drops D. Brown and Javon much lower than most, and slots CJ Henderson (way) too high (@least for my liking/suspicions)

Taylor is first RB off, and in the first half of play @that, and.... thinks Love could "fall" to the either of Indy or NE

Niang by a neck over Tega Wanogho, and to replace Conklin in Tennessee, and.... Reagor over JJ by a hair, and to close out the first round
                        That's cool, but it doesn't mean he is right either. I don't think the Raiders are going QB in the first round let alone trade up to #4 for one.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That's cool, but it doesn't mean he is right either. I don't think the Raiders are going QB in the first round let alone trade up earlier for one.
                          You sound less confident as the draft nears.
                          am I hearing you right?
                          G-Ro knows.

Comment

Working...
                          X