• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

BTW, those who think Hurts will be a good choice for Chargers in 2nd round...... he is a great runner, but has no accuracy as a QB.... he will be a better RB or WR in NFL..... NFL radio guys saying Hurst is even missing slant passes in senior bowl practice
    I was a mod on the NFL Forum starting around 2001 and I've seen every QB since Fouts. I love Philip but that era has closed. So, I expect the Chargers to choose a QB in the 2nd Round. My groupings at QB are: QB Jacob Eason, QB Jalen Hurts, or QB Jordan Love. I also expect Anthony Lynn to be aware he has to get this team back to the playoffs in 2020 or he'll be blown out after this season.

I expect Coach Lynn to bet on himself. So Lynn HAS to hit on a QB and have Steichen develop him to keep his job.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

This will dry much be Lynn’s team in 2020. For better or worse.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I was a mod on the NFL Forum starting around 2001 and I've seen every QB since Fouts. I love Philip but that era has closed. So, I expect the Chargers to choose a QB in the 2nd Round. My groupings at QB are: QB Jacob Eason, QB Jalen Hurts, or QB Jordan Love. I also expect Anthony Lynn to be aware he has to get this team back to the playoffs in 2020 or he'll be blown out after this season.

I expect Coach Lynn to bet on himself. So Lynn HAS to hit on a QB and have Steichen develop him to keep his job.
        I just don't see the fascination with Hurts or Love. Hurts seems limited and Love is both limited and very raw. They are like really poor man's Lamar Jackson. I doubt either of them ever have front line NFL careers. Eason is more intriguing if we wait until the second round, but if we want a QB it's pretty risky to pass on all the QBs in the first round and then hope he is available in the 2nd. I am starting to think we'll take Herbert or Tua - whoever is there when we pick.

Comment

• PR#1
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Eason will be gone by 37 but I would take a look at Fromm over Hurts and Love.

Fromm could be a real diamond in the rough.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Agree, if we had a QB, but we dont...... but actually since the Chargers have let Rivers go, Chargers are worse off than any other team, QB wise.... and are in a more QB desperate situation than anyone.....if NE lets Brady go, then we are both in same desperate boat but Chargers at least have the 6th pick to trade up with.....

Bengals still have Dalton who is better than Taylor..... they could trade away the pick and still win games.... but likely they won't because getting a great QB is that important......

Miami has Fitz who is way better than Taylor...... they can trade away pick and still win games..... but likely they won't because getting a great QB is that important......

for all the fans that think we can just pick up some other career backup or washed up vet to lead our team, then please remember the many years after Fouts when we put up with washed up vets and horrible QB draft choices such as:
            Leaf
            harbaugh,
            clipboard jesus,
            tolliver,
            frees,
            flick,
            clemons,
            malone,
            bercovici,
            weilahan,
            ....etc.....

those years caused many people to cry and drink heavily...... and are exactly why some team like NE will offer the farm to get Burrow....... and maybe also for Tua..... the rest of the QB's in the 2020 draft have extremely little chance of being anything except a career backup.....

After coaching, QB is by far the most important position on a football team.....without one we will suck until we get one..... and you dont develop them....they either have consistent accuracy or they dont.....period....QB development is about reading defenses and decision making not about improving accuracy......

BTW, those who think Hurts will be a good choice for Chargers in 2nd round...... he is a great runner, but has no accuracy as a QB.... he will be a better RB or WR in NFL..... NFL radio guys saying Hurst is even missing slant passes in senior bowl practice
            Ugh...that's an ugly list of second and third-rate QB's and busts...and don't forget Cleo Lemon and Moses Moreno, who briefly replaced Leaf...

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Intrigued by rumors of Herbert liked by the Bolts. Dunno why, I’m not that high on him, but I do wonder if he’s the kinda QB we just haven’t seen his best yet. Whereas I really like Hurts cuz of what I have seen of him. Who the fuck knows.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Ugh...that's an ugly list of second and third-rate QB's and busts...and don't forget Cleo Lemon and Moses Moreno, who briefly replaced Leaf...
                Jim McMahon also had a cup of coffee with the Chargers. He spat in the face of Charger reporter TJ Simers - the only reason why i remember the turd.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                  Intrigued by rumors of Herbert liked by the Bolts. Dunno why, I’m not that high on him, but I do wonder if he’s the kinda QB we just haven’t seen his best yet. Whereas I really like Hurts cuz of what I have seen of him. Who the fuck knows.
                  Herbert juked out a pair of Wisconsin defenders. Something you rarely see from a qb not named Jackson. Its not what i'm personally looking for in a qb - but its there.

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

OMG!..... I knew my list was short.......as a die hard chargers fan who is as old as the team, My old mind blocked out some of the horrible chargers trama.....so it makes it hard to remember every instance of chargers history....... Ive loved and appreciated Fouts, Humpheries, Brees and Rivers...... but we have had many many horrible embarrassing incapable QB's in between..... at least harbaugh was a 110 percent effort guy......

its amazing when Chargers did not have a great QB, we had someone at QB who never should have been in NFL........

that's what scares me....... we just let go a future HOFer QB, so from history, I know we will ignore the position for many years before we get so desperate we will actually make a move to get another great QB..... odds are Chargers will not trade up to get a great QB, but will stay at 6 and take Hebert or love and we will suffer though years oof the organization telling us it will take a few years for those horrible consistently inaccurate QB;s to "develop"???.......and become accurate in NFL..... which we all sadly know will never happen........

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Herbert juked out a pair of Wisconsin defenders. Something you rarely see from a qb not named Jackson. Its not what i'm personally looking for in a qb - but its there.
                      Nice.

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

he is a very good running QB like that bust Allen in buffalo..... hebert is like Allen..... he can run and throw to his first read but is inaccurate on all others throws.......
                        running QB's dont last long in NFL and cant win when it counts in playoffs,..... notice that Jackson and Allen are 0-for in playoffs.....

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

agree, that chargers willl like;y be stupid enough to do that but the fact is all those 2nd round QB's will suck big time in NFL...... there has never been a draft with more than 2 franchise QB's who pan out,,.... btw a franchise QB is one who pans out not fails...... not talking about QB's with skills ho never do anything..... and btw.... there is no such thing as a developmental QB who learned to suddenly be accurate in NFL after never being accurate in coll3ge or HS???..... accurate does not mean a pass once in awhile.... it means almost every pass is accurate,...... it means consistently accurate.......

as a GM, you cannot just say that this year, we are going to choose a second round QB and he will become a future HOF'er.......... it does not happen that way.....especially today.... this is not 70's or earlier..... all teams deeply review all available QB's..... no one gets missed anymore.....

my apologies..... there have been only 2 NFL drafts with 3 great future HOF QB's in them..... 1983 and 2004..... the 2 best QB drafts in NFL history......
                          Last edited by Charge!; 01-21-2020, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X