• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    I see this offense as being potentially 3 draft picks away from being dominant. RB/OG and WR. I just feel like getting it done now. Theres a lot of teams that have dominant offenses and defenses that give up more points than we do. We have way more question marks on d than on offense. D just needs its talented players to step up. Especially Butler and Reyes.

New England, Indi, Green Bay, Denver, Pitt and Dallas are a few of them. We give up less points than those teams on D. NE is a little better. Notorious good teams every year. We are not close to putting up the point totals those teams put up on offense.

I think we can set and forget the offense for a few years with just those 3 positions. Id like to get that over with and really focus on the D while the offense carries us for a year. Get the RB, OG and WR somewhere in the first 4 rounds. Draft a pass rusher. Sign a couple D starters next year and draft all D. Sign a couple D players closer to June 1. DT/OLB

Youve got a really good offense you dont need to tinker with too much over the next 3-4 years and you can really get that Defense loaded.

Of course this only happens if Rivers is extended. But with loading the D over the next couple years it will make the transition into a life after Rivers easier with a dominant defense and run game already in place.

Theres no reason why a Phillip Rivers lead team should be putting up an average of 22 points a game over the last 3 years. And i think thats where in lies some of his frustration. The other top QBs in the league all average way more points a game over that time frame.

Get Rivers situated and then focus on the other areas. If you just do a little bit on both sides of the ball every year you will only get a little bit better or see negligible improvement until that long drawn out type of roster building finally gets you the talent.

Just set it and forget it on offense this year. We are that close.
    Dude I swear every time I read your draft strategies I always get convinced LOL.

We have enough needs at RB, WR, OG, DL that we really can't go wrong. If we come away with 3 offensive cornerstone pieces, I won't complain.

"Just set it and forget it!"
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
      Two late picks (6th rd) that may have a lot of upside would be Diggs WR Maryland for the slot and Nick Marshall as a CB.
      I love Diggs, but he's always hurt. The bolts don't have the right karma for him.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Looking at the last few drafts we have drafted more defence with Te'o Verret Attachu in the top two rounds. In the first four rounds of TT's two drafts we have added 5 defensive players and three offensive players.
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Can you match the college prospect who put up these career stats?
          Career Statistics
          Year GP REC YDS YPC TD
          2011 12 14 163 11.6 1
          2012 13 76 1,074 14.1 8
          2013 14 108 1,360 12.5 8
          2014 13 85 1,044 12.3 6
          Totals 52 283 3,641 12.9 23
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Jamison Crowder
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Yep and his career number are as strong or better over the last three years then any of the top 10 wide receivers in this draft.
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                I love Diggs, but he's always hurt. The bolts don't have the right karma for him.
                He would fit right in on our IR list.
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                  Looking at the last few drafts we have drafted more defence with Te'o Verret Attachu in the top two rounds. In the first four rounds of TT's two drafts we have added 5 defensive players and three offensive players.
                  Umm... I count 6 picks over the first 4 rounds of both drafts. 3 on O & 3 on D, with the 2 4th round picks traded.. Unless you are counting Teo and Attouchu twice each.
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Top 4 picks in last two drafts sorry it is a big difference.
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                      Dude I swear every time I read your draft strategies I always get convinced LOL.

We have enough needs at RB, WR, OG, DL that we really can't go wrong. If we come away with 3 offensive cornerstone pieces, I won't complain.

"Just set it and forget it!"
                      Im afraid if we dont wow Rivers with options he may just retire. Or choose to move on. I think he wants to see TT tool up the offense. We went D/D last year and it just takes time for defenders to mature. If Reyes/Butler and Te'o all can break out finally we are a much better D. But even drafting D players this draft wont have much impact on this years defense for reasons ive sighted.

Rookie OGs, RBs and WRs contribute early.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I'm interested in seeing how Carethers developes. Also Stevie Williams.
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                          I'm interested in seeing how Carethers developes. Also Stevie Williams.
                          I'll give them a +1 and a -1.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X