• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoltUp InLA
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post
    Good on the Chargers for showing interest in Meyer. Hopefully they are serious. If Gruden is paid 10 mil a year, and Carroll is worth 11, then Urban Meyer at 12 is an understandable asking price for the quality of coach he is and what he can do to transform your organization. If the Chargers FO is serious about establishing a "championship-caliber program," then leave everything on the table in pursuing Urban Meyer. If that means 12 mil a year and more control, then so be it. Telesco is on the hot seat anyway, relinquishing some control over personnel is not as bad as being fired. Giving your coach (who knows college athletes, assistant coaches and scouts) more control over personnel seems like a good thing. TT can still handle managing the cap and player contracts.
    That makes the most sense to me. TT has had plenty of time to establish a consistent winner. Please bring in someone that will command respect, help unify the Chargers base, and generate the buzz to really establish a fan base in LA. This move would be a win win for the Chargers organization in my opinion!!

Overall, I have not followed college ball like I once did, except for draft prospects, but the more I learn about Meyer, the more impressed I have become. From his early days at Utah I believe with Alex Smith as his QB, all he has done is transform programs into consistent winners!

Comment

• Xenos
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

He’s going to the Jags IMO.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Meyer is assembling a staff. Decision on Jacksonville to be announced this coming week? You are putting together a staff, but haven't announced/decided yet? Don't understand all the secrecy...
        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
          Meyer is assembling a staff. Decision on Jacksonville to be announced this coming week? You are putting together a staff, but haven't announced/decided yet? Don't understand all the secrecy...
          Perhaps he hasn’t decided on a team? Having said that, there are enough to the Jags rumors to think this is the likely outcome.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Send PM

I believe it was Urban or his camp that floated out that the Chargers were interested, but we have heard nothing else since....smells like self promotion...driving the price up, by letting it leak that there is competition...I think it is ultimately the Jags as well...you would have figured anything more than "rumoured" Charger interest would have been substantiated by now. Maybe we made a phone call, and that was about it.

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

I believe it was Urban or his camp that floated out that the Chargers were interested, but we have heard nothing else since....smells like self promotion...driving the price up, by letting it leak that there is competition...I think it is ultimately the Jags as well...you would have figured anything more than "rumoured" Charger interest would have been substantiated by now. Maybe we made a phone call, and that was about it.
              I hope at worst the Chargers made a call

Dean said 10-12 names and maybe he over estimated - which is fair

But as of tomorrow, it will be only be 8 if Eberflus and Smith get interviewed.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Send PM

Because the Chargers play it close to the vest, we only know the interviews of existing active pro coaches that have to be requested officially...so the overall actual number may well approach 12 candidates...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Because the Chargers play it close to the vest, we only know the interviews of existing active pro coaches that have to be requested officially...so the overall actual number may well approach 12 candidates...
                  that is true - i do wonder if there was another name out there

i mean Daboll would still be a good choice. Pederson might get fired by the Eagles - if that happens - wouldn't he deserve a phone call.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2020
                    • Send PM

Well put!! Unfortunately, I believe you are right. If there was more to this story about the Chargers, then it would have been out by now IMO. There isn’t even a scheduled interview.

Ownership has to step in immediately and WOW him with a higher salary. What do the Chargers have to loose really? He might just also be implying in a way that if a few teams blow him away with the right salary, then he might consider..

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Send PM

I know there are some people on this forum who will automatically assume, without any proof, that we didn't want to meet Meyer's price. Could just as easily be that Meyer wanted to end up in Florida, or wanted to be GM,...or just doesn't like California...you guys out there do know there is a lot of animosity in the country towards know-it-all and godless California? I think it's all close minded horse shit, but it's a conservative thing...

So there are all kinds of reasons Meyer ultimately won't land here..... if he doesn't...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Perhaps he hasn’t decided on a team? Having said that, there are enough to the Jags rumors to think this is the likely outcome.
                        Yeah you never know. The Chargers are always secretive so who knows if they are talking to Meyer or not? I guess we will find out soon. Herbert and being in the LA market could be a draw but if he wants to stay in Florida....who knows.

I dont like how Telesco in his conference doesnt want to say anything about who is being interviewed. The Charger website is putting it out so i dont get it.

We shall see. I dont expect Meyer to be hired but you never know. Once again im cautiously not getting too high or low with any of this.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-10-2021, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• BoltBacker
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Las Vegas, NV
                          • Send PM

Giving Jacksonville the appearance that they are considering a minority candidate.

Comment

Working...
                          X