First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richpjr
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Urban just may have an aneurysm his first season there. Lawrence is a catch at QB but they need a lot. Meyer may just spend all that cap space this year lol
    Now is the year to have the cap space when tons of solid players will be cut.

Leave a comment:

• jaguarmanftype
    replied
    Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

uh...no! we're looking 8-8 at best. They're in full rebuild mode and that takes at least one full season plus a new rookie QB.

:umno:
    They have so much cap space, and draft picks, that team is going to be looking drastically different next season, and it'll have Meyer's prints all over it. I'm almost picturing a flipped record just like we had with Shottenheimer from 2003 to 2004 where we went 2-14 and then 12-4 the following year. It won't be that extreme, but it could be similar to the Redskins 2012 season when they drafted RGIII and went from 5-11 the prior year to 10-6 that year. An even better example would be the Colts from 2011 to 2012 when they drafted Luck, going from 2-14 to 11-5.

Leave a comment:

• gzubeck
    replied
    Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post
    The Jags may just go 10-6 or 11-5 next season under Meyer. I think it'll be an interesting turnaround, and he was high on my list for that reason.
    uh...no! we're looking 8-8 at best. They're in full rebuild mode and that takes at least one full season plus a new rookie QB.

:umno:

Leave a comment:

• jaguarmanftype
    replied
    The Jags may just go 10-6 or 11-5 next season under Meyer. I think it'll be an interesting turnaround, and he was high on my list for that reason.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Kahn has owned the team since late 2011. From 2012 on here is the team's record:

2012: 2-14
    2013: 4-12
    2014: 3-13
    2015: 5-11
    2016: 3-13
    2017: 10-6
    2018: 5-11
    2019: 6-10
    2020: 1-15

The team's record is 39-105 since he bought the team. The have lost double digit games in 8 of the 9 years he has owned the team. The Chargers during that time were 67-77. So yeah, our ownership sucks but I have no idea how you come to the conclusion that he hasn't been a much worse owner than Spanos.
    Urban just may have an aneurysm his first season there. Lawrence is a catch at QB but they need a lot. Meyer may just spend all that cap space this year lol

Leave a comment:

• Kyle
    replied
    Originally posted by jamrock View Post

As Kevin Acee once said about Dean, “he was born on third base and never has been able to get home”. Give it up Dean
    Still stranded at third. Looking through binoculars desperately searching for home plate.

Leave a comment:

• MagicMamba88
    replied

Leave a comment:

• richpjr
    replied
    Originally posted by Lyth View Post

I don't think there's much worse ownership than the Spanos, unless it's in Dallas.

Kahn wants to win badly, but he's brought in people who won't tolerate owner meddling. The guy is doing the right things, just hasn't found the right combination of people.
    Kahn has owned the team since late 2011. From 2012 on here is the team's record:

2012: 2-14
    2013: 4-12
    2014: 3-13
    2015: 5-11
    2016: 3-13
    2017: 10-6
    2018: 5-11
    2019: 6-10
    2020: 1-15

The team's record is 39-105 since he bought the team. The have lost double digit games in 8 of the 9 years he has owned the team. The Chargers during that time were 67-77. So yeah, our ownership sucks but I have no idea how you come to the conclusion that he hasn't been a much worse owner than Spanos.

Leave a comment:

• Lyth
    replied
    Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Their ownership is better? Highly debatable. He gets the freedom to build a team from the ground up with a ton of cap space and draft picks.
    I don't think there's much worse ownership than the Spanos, unless it's in Dallas.

Kahn wants to win badly, but he's brought in people who won't tolerate owner meddling. The guy is doing the right things, just hasn't found the right combination of people.

Leave a comment:

• richpjr
    replied
    Originally posted by Lyth View Post
    My question is why the Jags? I know he had a history in the area, but I'd really like to know what separated them from us. Ownership is obviously better there, but their roster is at the bottom.
    Their ownership is better? Highly debatable. He gets the freedom to build a team from the ground up with a ton of cap space and draft picks.

Leave a comment:

• Lyth
    replied
    My question is why the Jags? I know he had a history in the area, but I'd really like to know what separated them from us. Ownership is obviously better there, but their roster is at the bottom.

Leave a comment:

• Boltsfan70
    replied
    There goes my first choice

Leave a comment:

Working...
X