Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt-O
    replied
    I didn't think Meyer was a chance for the Chargers, unless it all came to money and willingness to cede control to the HC. There really is not a whole bunch of pressure for Khan to succeed, other than for him personally, so Meyer coming into the clean slate with lots of cap room and high picks, he can reinvent the organization. The Charger Ownership is looking for a quicker fix, and sees maybe better tactical decision making will work out, but still wants to keep the current front office dynamic. On the other hand, I do think the ownership will take its time on the hiring, finding the right fit.

Leave a comment:

• JOJAX85
    replied
    It's been reported that Meyer was spotted on Khan's boat & is already putting together a staff. Expect this to happen soon.

Leave a comment:

• BoltUp InLA
    replied
    Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
    Hearing him talk about importance of the Lines, If he is chosen he can knock some sense into T.T, maybe even take his job.

I agree!! Hearing him talk about the importance of Lines.. Music to my ears!!

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied
    Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
    I haven’t seen anything indicating real interest from Urban Meyer for the Chargers vacancy. That would certainly be a dream come true if the Chargers could make that happen!! Just think of the top notch coordinators / coaches he would bring into the fold. I would not even care if there was limited NFL experience from them either.
    I think Meyer would inspire a lot of quality coaches and FAs to be part of his NFL run.
    guys crave a culture like his

Leave a comment:

• BoltUp InLA
    replied
    Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post

I though that is what we "fans" wanted. Someone who will tell Spanos to stand back and let him do his job without interference. He has the clout to pull it off. As far as him leaving abruptly, every program he has left has not only been better than when he got there, but they were winning programs as he left in good position to continue being successful.
    I am way late getting around to this.. Great point about Meyer leaving places in a better position than when he arrived. It speaks to his far-reaching ability to find talented coaches to teach up and work alongside. I think he brings instant credibility and likability to the Chargers organization!!

Leave a comment:

• BoltUp InLA
    replied
    I haven’t seen anything indicating real interest from Urban Meyer for the Chargers vacancy. That would certainly be a dream come true if the Chargers could make that happen!! Just think of the top notch coordinators / coaches he would bring into the fold. I would not even care if there was limited NFL experience from them either.

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I got my hopes up more for Harbaugh when there was less news than about Meyer. As Meyer to me was the ultimate - Like Voldemort - dare not mention his name

But if Urban Meyer wants to talk to the Chargers - the Chargers better pick up the damn phone. The points you make are outstanding - he would be transfornational. And after a few years away from college - he has had a chance to review the NFL, study tape, think of a staff, etc. It would just be an epic type hire.
    100%

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Yes but what Peter King (and by the way does he still name drop Parcells like he always used to?) misses is that when Meyer leaves he will leave behind a TRANSFORMED organization with some really outstanding talent to replace him as HC. BTW, King's very best friend ever Parcells used to jump from team to team. Is Peter saying he should not have been hired? What would his mom say? She might kick him right out of her basement!

Watch/listen to Meyer. Have you EVER seen a Charger HC would that kind of command? He is direct, confident, competent and he can back it all up. He is the coach I want. But I realize deck is stacked against us. Telesco will not be a fan. But Bosa will. And James. And Ekeler. And Herbert and Keenan and Williams and Murray all down the line. And FA will want to come here. And fans will come to games and actually root for the Chargers. But Telesco and the Charger way are in the way. I like Telesco, always have. But this is chance of a lifetime for a 40+ year fan.

TG
    I got my hopes up more for Harbaugh when there was less news than about Meyer. As Meyer to me was the ultimate - Like Voldemort - dare not mention his name

But if Urban Meyer wants to talk to the Chargers - the Chargers better pick up the damn phone. The points you make are outstanding - he would be transfornational. And after a few years away from college - he has had a chance to review the NFL, study tape, think of a staff, etc. It would just be an epic type hire.

Leave a comment:

• Heatmiser
    replied

Peter King brings up a good point about how long Meyer would last. Well, McCoy and Lynn lasted four years. Urban comes in, wins a ring - I will pay for the damn limo
    Yes but what Peter King (and by the way does he still name drop Parcells like he always used to?) misses is that when Meyer leaves he will leave behind a TRANSFORMED organization with some really outstanding talent to replace him as HC. BTW, King's very best friend ever Parcells used to jump from team to team. Is Peter saying he should not have been hired? What would his mom say? She might kick him right out of her basement!

Watch/listen to Meyer. Have you EVER seen a Charger HC would that kind of command? He is direct, confident, competent and he can back it all up. He is the coach I want. But I realize deck is stacked against us. Telesco will not be a fan. But Bosa will. And James. And Ekeler. And Herbert and Keenan and Williams and Murray all down the line. And FA will want to come here. And fans will come to games and actually root for the Chargers. But Telesco and the Charger way are in the way. I like Telesco, always have. But this is chance of a lifetime for a 40+ year fan.

TG

Leave a comment:

• richpjr
    replied

Peter King brings up a good point about how long Meyer would last. Well, McCoy and Lynn lasted four years. Urban comes in, wins a ring - I will pay for the damn limo
    You can say that about any older coach. He is 56, which is 6 years younger than Andy Reid and 12 years younger than Belichick. But his benign brain cyst is always lurking as a potential issue.

Leave a comment:

• jamrock
    replied

I’m focused on 2021

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

I'll take it, Lead these men with Bosa and JH on his rookie contract. Peter King is a douche anyway.
    Six openings - a case can be made the Chargers have the best job. Jeremiah points out the Jags young talent, with cap space draft picks and Lawrence. But the Chargers have a good core of players, the QB in Herbert and also some decent cap space and a good amount of picks

If the Spanii are willing to hire Meyer and give him some control, Telesco has already shown he can work with JohnBoy - he would work with Meyer.

I think Meyer for the chargers would be a game changer for the team.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X