• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

Obviously not all of it. He got a sweetheart deal. All I'm saying is his a billionaire of a NFL team not some bum.
    If Dean is a Billionaire that most likely includes the Chargers worth. Im thinking he is one of the least wealthiest owners. He is getting a real sweetheart deal. 1 dollar rent, and pays his relocation fees.

Dean is no bum and has money sure but he isnt competing with Jones or Kroenke who footed most of the stadium bill and i think the NFL may have kicked in more than Dean but im not totally up on the stadium figures.

The thing is Dean has never paid a HC as one of the top paid in the league...not even close and thats what im getting at by saying he is out of Deans range.

Pretty sure Lynn is the most paid @ 4.5 Mil. Norv ive read made 3 mil. Not sure what Marty made but im gonna guess it was 3 to 4 back then....and Marty was getting paid by Washington for a time as well.

He has hired first time HCs along with his Father Alex.
    Hec since Coryell every HC the have had is a first timer except Marty and Norv. ...and Norv i think made less than McCoy.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The only now available coaches are not in the playoffs. Daboll can't commit til they lose so I don't think it's a bad thing to do due diligence on others.
      But they have interviewed nobody yet.
      ​​​​​​
      We’ve interviewed Eric Bieniemy yesterday at least.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        If Dean is a Billionaire that most likely includes the Chargers worth. Im thinking he is one of the least wealthiest owners. He is getting a real sweetheart deal. 1 dollar rent, and pays his relocation fees.

Dean is no bum and has money sure but he isnt competing with Jones or Kroenke who footed most of the stadium bill and i think the NFL may have kicked in more than Dean but im not totally up on the stadium figures.

The thing is Dean has never paid a HC as one of the top paid in the league...not even close and thats what im getting at by saying he is out of Deans range.

Pretty sure Lynn is the most paid @ 4.5 Mil. Norv ive read made 3 mil. Not sure what Marty made but im gonna guess it was 3 to 4 back then....and Marty was getting paid by Washington for a time as well.

He has hired first time HCs along with his Father Alex.
        Hec since Coryell every HC the have had is a first timer except Marty and Norv. ...and Norv i think made less than McCoy.
        I had read somewhere that the Chargers are 90+% of the Spanos family net worth. Their construction company was not doing very well as of a couple of years ago - or so I heard.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I cannot remember. Where did Jerry Jones make his money again? Oil?

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• JOJAX85
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2018
            • Irmo, SC
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            I cannot remember. Where did Jerry Jones make his money again? Oil?

TG
            Pretty sure that's right

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

Pretty sure that's right
              It is correct. And he tried to buy the Chargers but was turned down.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Irmo, SC
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I don't know if that would be been better or not. They'd still be in San Diego I bet.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I don't know if that would be been better or not. They'd still be in San Diego I bet.
                  We'd be in San Diego in a new stadium, but Jerry's record with the team is pretty bad aside from the brief time he had Jimmy running things.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

By who? Klein or the NFL?

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

The article below is from Albert Breer of SI. This is what appeals to me about Meyer. He would finally make the changes that the Chargers need to stop all these injuries, keep non football people out of football, win one score games, and build a strong organization. Other than the money this would take, the other issue is Telesco. A lot of what Meyer will want to/need to change is stuff that Telesco is in charge of. And I am sure that Telesco thinks that if just a few things are tweaked an everything else is left alone, that will be enough. That may kill this happening. To me, why waste time on another slightly better coach than Lynn or take a big swing on an unproven but high potential hot coordinator. Go for it, pay the money and make the real changes you need. And although I do have concerns about Meyer’s longevity whether it be due to boredom, health, or the NFL vs college, he will build a strong and sustainable organization and he picks outstanding assistants (Day and Herman are two recent and relevant examples and there are more)

Everyone and I mean everyone else on the Charger list of candidates is just going to come in and work within the organization as it stands and hope for the best. Meyer is the only one on the list with the chops and the skill to really be transformative. McDaniels would be the only other one who would do this or try to do it. But he is not on the list and I really cannot stand him. But I do think he is smart enough to know that he can’t just keep status quo here and win big.

TG

From #1 OVERALL PICK ENERGY #16 (@CoachHesterWFP): Is Urban Meyer the only real candidate Shad Khan wants until he passes?

All right, No. 1 overall pick, since we put you on the Urban Meyer–Jaguars trail almost a month ago now, I can give you some more background. There’s been some level of communication between Meyer and the Jaguars, through intermediaries and directly, for close to a month, if not longer. And I believe the job is Meyer’s if he wants it, and I think getting him would be a steal.

The Jaguars need a housecleaning the same way the Bills did before Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott performed one (and did so very successfully). This can’t be about changing out a couple of people. This has to be an overall reimagination of the organization—EVP Tom Coughlin tried to make this happen, and there was progress for a year before that effort stalled out. To do that, I believe they need someone who’ll come in with holistic ideas.

That is Meyer, and that’s why I think this makes sense. With the former Florida and Ohio State coach, the transformation would involve more than assistants. It’d be strength coaches and player development staff and nutritionists—really, he’d be bringing in a program more than a staff. So I believe he’d need, more than just a certain salary, a budget to overhaul much of the organization, in the same sort of way he did in Gainesville and Columbus.

In-depth analysis, unrivaled access. Get SPORTS ILLUSTRATED's best stories every weekday. Sign up now.
                      1:14/1:21

Bottom line, if you’re looking at this hire just from a, “Well, what kind of offense is he going to run?” perspective, you’re missing the forest for the trees. And for these reasons, and because I’m told he’s already looked at potential staffing on that level, which reflects a plan to do all of this, I think he’s what Jacksonville needs.

Will he do it? I don’t know. The consideration of his health is real. I’ve heard he loves his job at Fox and has found competition in it. But I do think it’d be hard for him to say no to a chance to coach Trevor Lawrence in a place with all those picks (multiple in the first, second, fourth, fifth and seventh rounds) and cap space (most in the NFL for 2021), and where, as a bonus, he can restore his legacy after his departure from Florida rubbed people there the wrong way.
                      Last edited by Heatmiser; 01-06-2021, 06:28 PM.
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Hiring Urban Meyer would mean he is taking over EVERYTHING
                        GM duties AND Football ops
                        basically what everyone been wanting for the past forever years.
                        dream come true.
                        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

LOL. TT says we want a HC, not an OC or DC. That narrows it down to Meyer or Garrett.

Aw-huh.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X