• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

Either way if Matt Rhule can get 9mil he should get that and compensated with his credentials.

Urban Meyer Rumors: Report of HC Wanting $12M Jaguars Contract 'Not Accurate' | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights
    He won't get less than Rhule who hasn't won three national championships and is making near 9 mil.
    I'd guess he gets 10-12.

Regardless he is far out of Dean's range.

Comment

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Daniel Jeremiah gives the many reasons why the Chargers job is the top job and there is no reason to settle . Urban Meyer or Jim Harbaugh should be near the top of the list

Its a job = he said it. The playmakers on defense (if DJ33 can stay healthy); add a CB, add an edge rusher, more IDL depth; fix the OL

it sounds like a lot but if targeted - the Chargers could be a double digit win team

don't settle for a cheap coordinator type
      We would have been a double digit win team this year, but for Lynn's stunning incompetence. With good roster additions, we should be right at the very top in terms of record.

Meyer is unproven at the NFL level altogether. It is also reasonable to question his level of commitment. To me, he is far riskier than those coordinator types you do not appear to like. For every McCoy and Lynn you throw out, I will throw out a Spurrier and Saban.

Harbaugh is less risky, but I think he is the wrong fit for the team that we have.

Daboll has good NFL experience and looks like a perfect fit for our team. Only our ownership could make this more difficult than it needs to be.

We have been a pass oriented team and we hired a RBs coach that turned out to be clueless about in game tactical decisions.

Then, when we have a great candidate just sitting there who just built up a juggernaut of an offense featuring a young QB with similar traits to our young QB, we decide to interview half of the coaching universe. And, to be clear, I like due diligence, but not if it costs us the opportunity to hire the obvious choice.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

We would have been a double digit win team this year, but for Lynn's stunning incompetence. With good roster additions, we should be right at the very top in terms of record.

Meyer is unproven at the NFL level altogether. It is also reasonable to question his level of commitment. To me, he is far riskier than those coordinator types you do not appear to like. For every McCoy and Lynn you throw out, I will throw out a Spurrier and Saban.

Harbaugh is less risky, but I think he is the wrong fit for the team that we have.

Daboll has good NFL experience and looks like a perfect fit for our team. Only our ownership could make this more difficult than it needs to be.

We have been a pass oriented team and we hired a RBs coach that turned out to be clueless about in game tactical decisions.

Then, when we have a great candidate just sitting there who just built up a juggernaut of an offense featuring a young QB with similar traits to our young QB, we decide to interview half of the coaching universe. And, to be clear, I like due diligence, but not if it costs us the opportunity to hire the obvious choice.
        The only now available coaches are not in the playoffs. Daboll can't commit til they lose so I don't think it's a bad thing to do due diligence on others.
        But they have interviewed nobody yet.
        ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The only now available coaches are not in the playoffs. Daboll can't commit til they lose so I don't think it's a bad thing to do due diligence on others.
          But they have interviewed nobody yet.
          ​​​​​​
          I agree with what you have said, but I also think there is a point at which you have so many candidates that it can be counterproductive.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

I agree with what you have said, but I also think there is a point at which you have so many candidates that it can be counterproductive.
            Agree, take Garrett off the list for one

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

A high profile coach would help to put people in those empty seats at SOFI ~ how much is that worth?
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

I understand your point and it is very valid about the success of college to the pro's. Just because Jimmy Johnson did it - doesn't mean Urban Meyer will. I do think having been a HC at Bowling Green and Utah in addition to Florida and Ohio State helps his resume in my eyes. But yes, you have a fair point

I know this - based on Chargers history - experience as a head coach seems to matter in terms of success.

And if the Chargers had more success with less experienced coaches - maybe I would find Smith, Brady, Staley more appealing, even Saleh to a degree. But for the Chargers, history shows what it shows. The records of coaches speak for themselves

I am good with Daboll though for sure. Or Harbaugh. I think with Harbaugh and the right strategic moves this offseason (OL, DL, Special TEams) - this is an 11-12 win team.

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

He won't get less than Rhule who hasn't won three national championships and is making near 9 mil.
                  I'd guess he gets 10-12.

they gave marty 5 million per year guaranteed but doubt he has spent that much on Turner, McCoy or Lynn.....

Comment

• Classic
                    Hall Of Fame
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Send PM

I'd guess he gets 10-12.

No he isn't. Dean may not want to pay the price but if forced to I don't think he'd have a hard time coming up with the money. He was savy enough to come up with the Stadium money can't imagine a fraction of that would be a issue.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

No he isn't. Dean may not want to pay the price but if forced to I don't think he'd have a hard time coming up with the money. He was savy enough to come up with the Stadium money can't imagine a fraction of that would be a issue.
                      LOL, you think Dean paid for that stadium?

Comment

• JOJAX85
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Irmo, SC
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

Paying for a stadium is exactly what he did NOT do.

Comment

• Classic
                          Hall Of Fame
                          • Dec 2014
                          • Send PM

LOL, you think Dean paid for that stadium?
                          Obviously not all of it. He got a sweetheart deal. All I'm saying is his a billionaire of a NFL team not some bum.

Comment

Working...
                          X