• Send PM

He reminds me of a young Vin Diesel

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Mike Lefluer expected to be OC. Passing game coordinator with the Niners.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          Really my only concern with a defensive minded coach is the possibility of Herbert sort of going sideways. Maybe even regressing. I think its absolutely imperative we build around him and maximize him over the next 10 years. He is the next Mahomes or Josh Allen. No reason why we shouldn't put up 35 points a game.

Our record this year is totally different however if the D doesn't crater every 2nd half. I thoroughly believe Saleh would be able to adjust for offenses coming out for the 2nd half. He is really good at in game adjustments.

Also Josh Allens coach is a D guy. So its not like Herbert is for sure going to crater under a D minded coach.

I also really like how fit Saleh is. He takes care of himself. I think he will be able to help in that regard. Our fitness sucked. Just tanked every game because we were always so gassed on that side of the ball.

Need a rock solid training staff. I wish the team would talk to me about that. lol I know guys that would put together an insane program for these players. In all facets. Nutrition and fitness.
          Need a sports science department to prevent soft tissue injuries. Every other major injury occurred is unfortunately luck and genetics. We also need to continually look for new ways to improve injury prevention each season instead of being satisfied that we weren’t as injured the previous season.

I also agree with concerns about Herbert going sideways with a defensive minded coach. It all depends on the OC hire. After that you have to hope he stays at least a few seasons if he’s quality. From what I’be heard, Mike McDaniel might be that guy. Apparently a really good offensive mind. He might stay at OC longer than most due to his past issues with alcohol. But has been sober due to the stability of his friend Shanahan and now hopefully Saleh if he chooses him as OC.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
            Didn’t catch that before my last post. Oh well.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Another one down. Chargers still waiting at the altar. Twiddling their thumbs.

must be Daboll, the obvious candidate all along. Or?????

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

#5 offense is the bottom line. You gave Cassell as a reason why Daboll was #20 or below with,..KC?

Yes there are variables involved but it is what it is.

Every one of these candidates has a concern whether it is Daboll offenses not being a top half of the league til this year or Saleh and Staley only being first year DCs, Eberflus.... Don't know how long he has been a DC, Brady a first time NFL OC and first year in the NFL.

It's a matter of, who is the next great new HC?

I sure don't know so hoping for the best. But there's always Garrett who we can give a second interview to right now if they want.
                Regarding Cassel, his QB rating in 2012 was 66.7. That was good for 32nd. It is tough for the offense to do well when the QB stinks up the joint. For NE in 2008, Cassel had a QB rating of 89.4, which was good for 10th in the league that season.

Herbert is similar to Allen and Daboll's offense worked very well with Allen, so I am not concerned about what lesser QBs did with Daboll.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Good for Saleh, maybe he goes defense at two?
                  Daboll or bust
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    Good for Saleh, maybe he goes defense at two?
                    Daboll or bust
                    Depressing! The last 3 Chargers coaches have been OC / RB coordinator. And yet, it looks like the Chargers are taking another OC guy. Daboll is certainly not perfect. I don’t think he has even lasted 3 seasons at any single place he has been. I am hoping a few seasons from now that I am proven wrong, but if Steichen ends up being the more promising coach a few seasons from now, I will just shake my head once again. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence..

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                      Another one down. Chargers still waiting at the altar. Twiddling their thumbs.

must be Daboll, the obvious candidate all along. Or?????
                      Or???.......Jason Garrett

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                        Or???.......Jason Garrett
                        Please no. Please????

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Regarding Cassel, his QB rating in 2012 was 66.7. That was good for 32nd. It is tough for the offense to do well when the QB stinks up the joint. For NE in 2008, Cassel had a QB rating of 89.4, which was good for 10th in the league that season.

Herbert is similar to Allen and Daboll's offense worked very well with Allen, so I am not concerned about what lesser QBs did with Daboll.
                          And Brad Johnson in 2003 had a rating of 81....and won a SB. Eli won a SB in 2008 with a 56.1 completion % and a rating of 73.5 with help of a improbable play.
                          The Giants defense was ranked 27th the that season, but they got it together late.
                          Take that how you want.

I'll like it if they hire Daboll as well but,.... He is getting interviews because of this season. I'm skeptic, but like his resume.
                          I just again, will hope for the best. It hasn't been good lately but I like Daboll's experience alot more than Lynn and McCoy's.
                          ​​
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-14-2021, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X