• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    Another one down. Chargers still waiting at the altar. Twiddling their thumbs.

must be Daboll, the obvious candidate all along. Or?????
    Didn’t care for Meyers. Saleh would have been a nice consolation prize if we couldn’t get Daboll.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
      Need a sports science department to prevent soft tissue injuries. Every other major injury occurred is unfortunately luck and genetics. We also need to continually look for new ways to improve injury prevention each season instead of being satisfied that we weren’t as injured the previous season.

I also agree with concerns about Herbert going sideways with a defensive minded coach. It all depends on the OC hire. After that you have to hope he stays at least a few seasons if he’s quality. From what I’be heard, Mike McDaniel might be that guy. Apparently a really good offensive mind. He might stay at OC longer than most due to his past issues with alcohol. But has been sober due to the stability of his friend Shanahan and now hopefully Saleh if he chooses him as OC.
      I like that McDermott says Brian Daboll is the only offensive coach that actually goes over technique and fundamentals at every position on offense. He is a really well rounded coach. I think its likely he may be the guy.

I wondered though if the team told Saleh he would have to keep Pep and promote him to OC? I just assume at this point let the coach come in and bring in every coach he wants.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

I like that McDermott says Brian Daboll is the only offensive coach that actually goes over technique and fundamentals at every position on offense. He is a really well rounded coach. I think its likely he may be the guy.

I wondered though if the team told Saleh he would have to keep Pep and promote him to OC? I just assume at this point let the coach come in and bring in every coach he wants.
        I hope they let the HC decide as well. Pep is better as QB coach though I understand he wants to be OC. It doesn’t matter since I think Herbert was best served by John Beck and the guys at 3DQB anyways. As long as he continues training under them, and the new HC encourages him to, I think we’ll be okay.

Edit: hopefully Daboll is the guy also. Learning under all those different HCs like Saban, Belichick, and now McDermott can only help him also.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post

Depressing! The last 3 Chargers coaches have been OC / RB coordinator. And yet, it looks like the Chargers are taking another OC guy. Daboll is certainly not perfect. I don’t think he has even lasted 3 seasons at any single place he has been. I am hoping a few seasons from now that I am proven wrong, but if Steichen ends up being the more promising coach a few seasons from now, I will just shake my head once again. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence..
          What does the bold mean to you?
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post

Depressing! The last 3 Chargers coaches have been OC / RB coordinator. And yet, it looks like the Chargers are taking another OC guy. Daboll is certainly not perfect. I don’t think he has even lasted 3 seasons at any single place he has been. I am hoping a few seasons from now that I am proven wrong, but if Steichen ends up being the more promising coach a few seasons from now, I will just shake my head once again. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence..
            Daboll has been with Buffalo for three seasons.

And he left the other places where he was offensive coordinator when his head coach got canned, which is what usually happens during a head coaching change.

Steichen has proven that he is clueless. Nobody, I mean nobody, runs the ball with no timeouts and 20-30 seconds left in the half when trying to score a touchdown. Steichen did that twice in games separated by two weeks. If you are going to be shaking your head, you should be shaking your head about that.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

I know I’m not making friends by suggesting this BUT...
              any way Saleh would consider trading 2 overall for Derwin James straight up.
              Is that a ridiculously bad trade for either side?
              I realize he’s not the GM but could potentially bang the table, I hear he “doesn’t take ‘no’ for an answer”
              After losing Adams, they could use a bigger and better version of him, even considering his injury history which apparently not many here are too worried about.
              I want Anthony Munoz 2.0 and I don’t want to read about another season ending injury for DJ in June.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Good times indeed
                Attached Files

Comment

• UglyTruth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                  Another one down. Chargers still waiting at the altar. Twiddling their thumbs.

must be Daboll, the obvious candidate all along. Or?????
                  It has to be him. He was Telesco’s high school teammate, it was obvious from the beginning.

If Daboll doesn’t work out here then no way in living hell that Telesco should stay to choose another HC. Even AJ Smith only got to select two HCs over the course of his career here while Telesco is already on #3.

Chargers have a losing record under Telesco as well. If Daboll doesn’t work out then both of them should be gone. I don’t care if Telesco drafts the next Barry Sanders, if he can’t hire the right HCs just like he can’t draft OL or DL (except Bosa) then show him the damn door.
                  Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                  - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                  - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                  - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                  - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                  - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                  - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    I realize he’s not the GM but could potentially bang the table, I hear he “doesn’t take ‘no’ for an answer”
                    After losing Adams, they could use a bigger and better version of him, even considering his injury history which apparently not many here are too worried about.
                    I want Anthony Munoz 2.0 and I don’t want to read about another season ending injury for DJ in June.
                    I love Derwin James - and the Jets probably do not do that. They can either trade down and get more picks or draft Sewell

Plus I have read a few of the 49er DBs are Free AGents and the Jets have the cash and the 49ers do not - so my guess one or more of those 49er DBs go East.

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Agree... it has to be Daboll....if they really want to win........ unless we are just waiting for all good candidates to sign..... so we have excuse to settle for garrett who is a cheap yes man like turner.....ownership may just want to have excuse that all the top ones were gone..... like usual.........

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                        It has to be him. He was Telesco’s high school teammate, it was obvious from the beginning.

If Daboll doesn’t work out here then no way in living hell that Telesco should stay to choose another HC. Even AJ Smith only got to select two HCs over the course of his career here while Telesco is already on #3.

Chargers have a losing record under Telesco as well. If Daboll doesn’t work out then both of them should be gone. I don’t care if Telesco drafts the next Barry Sanders, if he can’t hire the right HCs just like he can’t draft OL or DL (except Bosa) then show him the damn door.
                        It was never said they were teammates. They went to the same high school.....which can mean nothing if they didnt even know each other. Daboll is 50 and Telesco is 48 :shrug:

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                          No friends here on that proposal. I doubt they would do it anyways because he has missed too much time.
                          Hopefully James isnt injured going forward and you will slap yourself for suggesting this :chuckle:

Comment

Working...
                          X