Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
    Why did this get bumped? I thought he got injured or something.
    Brown got injured? That's news to me.

Leave a comment:

• Formula 21
    replied
    Originally posted by tges58 View Post

Maybe, maybe not. Veach is one of the best GMs in the league and knows how to work the cap. On top of that Mahomes signed a very team friendly contract.

Besides, would you trade a couple of years of potential salary cap hell for a few Super Bowls? I would.
    You would. I would. Let’s see if the Spanii will. We have 4 years to load up on talent and make a run at the SB.

Leave a comment:

• UglyTruth
    replied
    Why did this get bumped? I thought he got injured or something.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by richpjr View Post

They have 24 players under contract next year. Since the top 51 salaries count towards the cap (if I understand that rule correctly) they will need to sign 27 players for $26.8 million or about a million per player. Some of them will be this year's draft class and they are not paying a number one pick so they get a bit of a break, but they certainly won't have room for a lot of elite players. They can continue to play the restructuring game to gain a bit more space - but can only keep doing that so many times before they are going to be in a big crunch.
    Maybe, maybe not. Veach is one of the best GMs in the league and knows how to work the cap. On top of that Mahomes signed a very team friendly contract.

Besides, would you trade a couple of years of potential salary cap hell for a few Super Bowls? I would.

Leave a comment:

• richpjr
    replied
    Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Matthieu isn't under contract after 2021. So that number they had for cap space in 2022 doesn't even include Mathieu.
    They have 24 players under contract next year. Since the top 51 salaries count towards the cap (if I understand that rule correctly) they will need to sign 27 players for $26.8 million or about a million per player. Some of them will be this year's draft class and they are not paying a number one pick so they get a bit of a break, but they certainly won't have room for a lot of elite players. They can continue to play the restructuring game to gain a bit more space - but can only keep doing that so many times before they are going to be in a big crunch.

Leave a comment:

• equivocation
    replied
    OBJ isn't either. Cc bill will come due soon.

Leave a comment:

• Parcells
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenos View Post

They’ll probably end up cutting or restructuring guys like Frank Clark and Matthieu to make room again next year. They can probably get away with it in the short term but not if they keep trading away their picks.
    Matthieu isn't under contract after 2021. So that number they had for cap space in 2022 doesn't even include Mathieu.

Leave a comment:

• AK47
    replied
    Originally posted by Charge! View Post

KC also added an additional 2nd round pick for this year...... so they basically got Brown for nearly free..... swapping their #31 pick for a late 2nd rounder...... the other picks were minor....

You are making a good point about the OT's in this draft, they may be good prospects and have potential but they may not be ready to start as rookies and not all may ver successful..... Brown is a skilled experienced pro bowl quality vet who already knows how to play the position and my guess is KC will find a way to lock him up long term.....
    • Second round – No. 58 overall
    • Second round – No. 63
    • Fourth round – No. 145
    • Fifth round – No. 176
    • Fifth round – No. 182
    • Sixth round – No. 208

Slim pickings on KC's picks. They better hope not to get injuries galore which when we look back in NFL trending history, the losing SB team tends to have key injuries the following season. Gonna be interesting how Mahommes holds up this year.

Leave a comment:

• ChargersPowderBlue
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
    Better be cuz if telescope marches Pippie out next season to protect our savior's blindside he needs to be tared n feathered immediately!
    He can still improve. He could get to where Sam Tevi got if he puts in the effort.

But yeah, we need that legit guy at LT. I wouldn't mind giving Eric Fisher a shot.

Leave a comment:

• Boltgang74
    replied
    Better be cuz if telescope marches Pippie out next season to protect our savior's blindside he needs to be tared n feathered immediately!

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied
    all part of the plan fellas

Operation Duck Reunion

Leave a comment:

• Cdn Bolt
    replied
    It looks like BAL is going to sign Ali Villanueva so it looks another FA option gone and Telesco is all in on the draft.

Now I am in reading in ROTO Telesco is also enamored w Trey Pipkins so I hope they aren't thinking he is the answer & maybe just a smokescreen before the draft.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X