• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Am I the only one wondering why we're still arguing about Weddle when we drafted a younger and better player who plays the same position?
    Weddle was a FS in Baltimore which is where Addae plays.

Comment

• jubei
      Vagabond Ninja
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

and weddle just got cut today. bring him back TT! JK.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
        and weddle just got cut today. bring him back TT! JK.
        No. Three reasons:

1. Weddle's Bolt bashing that last year got really ugly. Never want to hear a player still on the roster publicly and repeatedly throwing management or anyone else on the team under the bus. What's to stop him doing it again?
        2. Bolts would inherit $6-7 mil a year contract for a player whose best years are behind him. Better to spend that $$$ or part of it, on a younger player with more upside, in draft or FA.
        3. After two solid seasons his first two years, Weddle's production fell way off, with only 3 passes defensed and ZERO picks all year long.

Stick a fork in him. He's done...
        Last edited by Topcat; 03-06-2019, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• RTPbolt
          Charger Fan till the end
          • Jun 2013
          • North Carolina
          • Send PM

Who's Weddle?

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

No. Three reasons:

1. Weddle's Bolt bashing that last year got really ugly. Never want to hear a player still on the roster publicly and repeatedly throwing management or anyone else on the team under the bus. What's to stop him doing it again?
            2. Bolts would inherit $6-7 mil a year contract for a player whose best years are behind him. Better to spend that $$$ or part of it, on a younger player with more upside, in draft or FA.
            3. After two solid seasons his first two years, Weddle's production fell way off, with only 3 passes defensed and ZERO picks all year long.

Stick a fork in him. He's done...
            Weddle was released. We aren't inheriting anything. That said, I doubt they sign him.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Keenan wants him back!

Keenan Allen Retweeted Eric Weddle
              Ok ok you had your fun. It's time to come home now brother! #BoltUpKeenan Allen added,

Eric Weddle @weddlesbeard
              What a great 3 yrs we had in BMORE!!! 3 Pro Bowls, #1 DEF, 2018 AFC north Champs. Ravens took a chance on me and will forever be grateful. Our family will miss Maryland. Excited to see where I end up next season!!!!

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                Keenan wants him back!

Keenan Allen Retweeted Eric Weddle
                Ok ok you had your fun. It's time to come home now brother! #BoltUpKeenan Allen added,

What a great 3 yrs we had in BMORE!!! 3 Pro Bowls, #1 DEF, 2018 AFC north Champs. Ravens took a chance on me and will forever be grateful. Our family will miss Maryland. Excited to see where I end up next season!!!!
                Wow, wonder why Weedle couldn't be more positive when he left the Bolts...maybe he learned his lesson from last time...

Comment

• jubei
                  Vagabond Ninja
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

TopCat you did realize I said 'JK" right? I definitely wouldnt want widdle weddle back.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                    TopCat you did realize I said 'JK" right? I definitely wouldnt want widdle weddle back.
                    Ok, just noticed that. Yep, good one...

Comment

• foreigner
                      Tom Telesco is gone
                      • Sep 2013
                      • Send PM

I would bring him cheap as a back up. Corporates do what's best for them, we should be doing the same.

(If he is bringing any help I mean).

Comment

Any time I think of him now, I remember him whiffing on 4th and 29. No thanks.

Comment

• The Franchise
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          Weddle loves himself some Weddle. Fact is he had no business being even considered a Pro Bowler in 2018, which also means he didn't really contribute to that #1 DEF or the AFCN champs status.

Weddle was very likely the most overrated player in 2018. My guess is he is in for a very rude awakening when he realizes that teams see him for what he is, and that's a washed up player that still thinks he's elite and expects to be treated/compensated that way. He'll quickly come to the realization that he won't be paid anything respectable and "choose" to retire.

So glad the Chargers stuffed it down his throat in the playoffs after all the smug post game talking he did after the regular season loss.

Comment

Working...
                          X