• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
    Comes outta retirement. Joins team a week before game. Leads team in tackles in that crucial win. Stupid ass Chargers front office.
    He could have still been a Charger if he hadn’t aired out things publicly. It’s not like that same FO didn’t try to bring Gates back multiple times even though he was past his prime. Weddle threw a hissy fit when he could have easily stayed. He was completely wretched his last season with us and seemed to have stopped caring while others like Rivers and Gates continued to fight.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
      He could have still been a Charger if he hadn’t aired out things publicly. It’s not like that same FO didn’t try to bring Gates back multiple times even though he was past his prime. Weddle threw a hissy fit when he could have easily stayed. He was completely wretched his last season with us and seemed to have stopped caring while others like Rivers and Gates continued to fight.
      ^^^THIS^^^

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

His final season and departure left me feeling zero fucks about him. I do still remember the time he scored a buttload of TDs in a game against SDSU.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Isn't this the very same front office who went public about how Rivers wasn't supporting the teams move to L.A.?

Weddle isn't the only former star Charger safety who has sour feelings about the franchise.
          Maybe there is a solid reason that they don't make public.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Isn't this the very same front office who went public about how Rivers wasn't supporting the teams move to L.A.?

Weddle isn't the only former star Charger safety who has sour feelings about the franchise.
            Maybe there is a solid reason that they don't make public.
            Not sure what you’re referring to with Rivers. But a lot of our former players like LT and Gates are on good terms with the team. And honestly, if this was AJ Smith, I could understand it since he also liked to air out his grievances. But Telesco has done a good job of navigating player drama. There’s nothing from Weddle during that 2015 season or afterwards that makes me believe what he said.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Not sure what you’re referring to with Rivers. But a lot of our former players like LT and Gates are on good terms with the team. And honestly, if this was AJ Smith, I could understand it since he also liked to air out his grievances. But Telesco has done a good job of navigating player drama. There’s nothing from Weddle during that 2015 season or afterwards that makes me believe what he said.
              During the waning weeks of River's final season here, someone in the Charger front office told the media (Jay Glazier?) that Rivers was not sufficiently promoting the Chargers in L.A, and that it made Dean Spanos angry. This person revealed other crap about the thinking of members of the organization on Rivers, mostly about his declining abilities, but there were other things i cannot recall.

Basically, the organization was not planning on resigning Rivers and fearful of a backlash, were attempting to justify it by publicly sliming him first.....not an easy task with Rivers.

Rivers had too much class to respond; he didn't want to slither in the mud with the Spanos.

I couldn't find the article that came out somewhere in December of 2019.
              Last edited by powderblueboy; 02-10-2022, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Robert Kraft once publicly chided Charger management (the Spanos) for their treatment of former players.
                It had something to do with Jr. Seau, who was with the Patriots at the time.

I got the information 2nd hand from my Dad who paraphrased Kraft: 'you don't treat people that way.'

But then, its nothing new in someone saying the Spanos are scum bags.

The seed money for the family fortune was squeezed out of the malnourishment of children during the Bracero program of the post WWII years.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

During the waning weeks of River's final season here, someone in the Charger front office told the media (Jay Glazier?) that Rivers was not sufficiently promoting the Chargers in L.A, and that it made Dean Spanos angry. This person revealed other crap about the thinking of members of the organization on Rivers, mostly about his declining abilities, but there were other things i cannot recall.

Basically, the organization was not planning on resigning Rivers and fearful of a backlash, were attempting to justify it by publicly sliming him first.....not an easy task with Rivers.

Rivers had too much class to respond; he didn't want to slither in the mud with the Spanos.

I couldn't find the article that came out somewhere in December of 2019.
                  Yeah, I don’t know how much I buy that. There was a lot of weirdness at the end with Rivers leaving his San Diego home. But it happens when a team and player moves on. It was definitely more amicable than LT’s departure. But even that healed with time.

Also this:

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I'm rooting for the Bengals (though I expect the Rams to win) exactly so Weddle doesn't get a ring. He was one of my favorite Chargers for a long time but turned into such a whiny, entitled, ungrateful little bitch that I can't stand him now. I'd rather endure the Burrow is a God hype if the Bengals win than Weddle get a ring.
                    IF the Bengals do win...chances are part of it was because Weddle got burnt on some plays. The SB championship literally goes through Weddle lol.

Man its been awhile but I forgot all the Weddle/Chargers drama.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Anyone remember the epic threddle on the old chargers board? I believe it was Kemp and I forget the other guys handle? Maybe Silly?

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Anyone remember the epic threddle on the old chargers board? I believe it was Kemp and I forget the other guys handle? Maybe Silly?
                        I remember it. Kemp was a bigger Weddle supporter than I was.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

IF the Bengals do win...chances are part of it was because Weddle got burnt on some plays. The SB championship literally goes through Weddle lol.

Man its been awhile but I forgot all the Weddle/Chargers drama.
                          Keeps coming up because Weddle keeps bringing it up lol. He’s worse than Donnie Edwards.

Comment

Working...
                          X