• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TABF
    Por debajo del promedio
    • Jun 2013
    • SoCal
    • Send PM

Pagan looked back at Norris signs, short argument ensued, Kimbrel goes up/in on next pitch!

Comment

• TABF
      Por debajo del promedio
      • Jun 2013
      • SoCal
      • Send PM

Okay ump not consistent now...

Comment

• TABF
        Por debajo del promedio
        • Jun 2013
        • SoCal
        • Send PM

Plate ump has got to get an appeal on that...it was close

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I was in the car but Teddy thought it was a swing. That said the ump sucked balls all game.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

He did suck balls.

Man, through 4 games this team looks a lot like last year. Slow starts, pitching good enough to win, lack of clutch hitting.

Comment

• TABF
              Por debajo del promedio
              • Jun 2013
              • SoCal
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              He did suck balls.

Man, through 4 games this team looks a lot like last year. Slow starts, pitching good enough to win, lack of clutch hitting.
              Ump made himself part of the game there by first warning the teams over a squabble w/Pagan and Norris after Pagan blatantly looked down at Norris' signs, then the no help on the check swing (it was a check swing and he probably did go), but it was close enough to check with 3rd base ump, who was very strict on that call today, so you never know. He then quickly ran Veneble and BB. His K zone was atrocious.

We have not faced a bad pitcher yet, versus two of 2014's best NL teams. Hitting is generally behind pitching the first few weeks. We will get it going...

My only minor concern is that the pen has given up Some key hits thus far.

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Tomorrow we face the Bum, then Lincecum. It doesn't get any easier. But we're not really getting blown out (except for Adrian continually kicking our asses). I think hitting will come around. But it's frustrating to see all the runners left on base.

Comment

• Faded blues
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2013
                  • Send PM

Alonso is a solid 7 hitter or 8.
                  Gyorko is killing us. If he sucks the were in trouble. I think aj would love to replace this guy
                  Ninja is a utikity player
                  Middlebrooks is a lot like gyorko.

To me the season comes down to finding a solid s s and both jerko and middle earth have to play a lot better this year if the pads want to contend to be ws champs.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

The holdover Padres are what are killing us. The bottom of the order is a black hole. Don't see that changing anytime soon.

I know Gyorko had some good moments as a rookie and I certainly pulled for him early. But that big contract was premature and I don't see much positive about him at the plate anymore. That said, his defense at 2B has really improved. I've been impressed on a few plays this year.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
                      Ump made himself part of the game there by first warning the teams over a squabble w/Pagan and Norris after Pagan blatantly looked down at Norris' signs, then the no help on the check swing (it was a check swing and he probably did go), but it was close enough to check with 3rd base ump, who was very strict on that call today, so you never know. He then quickly ran Veneble and BB. His K zone was atrocious.

We have not faced a bad pitcher yet, versus two of 2014's best NL teams. Hitting is generally behind pitching the first few weeks. We will get it going...

My only minor concern is that the pen has given up Some key hits thus far.
                      Marty Caswell ‏@MartyCaswell 10h10 hours ago
                      Norris on SF "if their game is throwing gum at my feet, they can have at it all they want. We come to play baseball, not that shenanigans"

Marty Caswell ‏@MartyCaswell 10h10 hours ago
                      Derek Norris on Pagan "he threw a piece of gum at me that.. had been chewed. That didn't sit too well w/me. He was being kind of a d#ckhead"

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Loving Norris.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

There is no reason to have any opinion whatsoever about this revamped team after just four games. But there is also no escaping the fact this was an inauspicious home debut of the new Padres.
                          Hi I'm Kevin Acee and my opinion columns specialize in having no real point.

Comment

Working...
                          X