• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    fender57
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
    Hi I'm Kevin Acee and my opinion columns specialize in having no real point.
    Other than shitting all over the home team.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Loving Norris.
      Agreed. It's only been 4 games, but I love everything about that guy I have seen so far. Calling Pagan a dickhead is priceless!

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

The holdover Padres are what are killing us. The bottom of the order is a black hole. Don't see that changing anytime soon.

I know Gyorko had some good moments as a rookie and I certainly pulled for him early. But that big contract was premature and I don't see much positive about him at the plate anymore. That said, his defense at 2B has really improved. I've been impressed on a few plays this year.
        I cant believe how fat that little fucker is. Does he even work at his craft? He looks like he does a lot of sitting around. I hate that fucker. I want him out. Solarte is a better hitter.

A lot of our hitters are swinging at the first pitch. Tons of grounders. Id like to see a little more patience at the plate. Myers just goes up and grounds out to 3rd repeatedly. Middlebrooks is late on most of his swings. I dont mind a 1B that hits singles but some power from the position would be nice. Id send down Gyorko and bring up Medica.

We need a stud SS as well. A guy who can lead off and move Myers to the 6 hole. Or a 2B that can lead off. Spangenberg should be leading off and starting at 2nd of Gyordo

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I swear every time I watched the Padres from like 1999 to last year, every rally was killed by a popup to first. I just got so sick of that.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
            Other than shitting all over the home team.

It's not just that. I'm tired of him making some aggressive (usually negative) headline or thesis and then just following it with a lot of caveats and qualifiers. Ultimate fence straddler when it comes to supporting his argument. He obviously feels the need to temper his negative views. I'd respect him more if he just stuck to his guns. But what you end up with is an inflammatory statement and then a muddled editorial. It's beyond worthless.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              I cant believe how fat that little fucker is. Does he even work at his craft? He looks like he does a lot of sitting around. I hate that fucker. I want him out. Solarte is a better hitter.

A lot of our hitters are swinging at the first pitch. Tons of grounders. Id like to see a little more patience at the plate. Myers just goes up and grounds out to 3rd repeatedly. Middlebrooks is late on most of his swings. I dont mind a 1B that hits singles but some power from the position would be nice. Id send down Gyorko and bring up Medica.

We need a stud SS as well. A guy who can lead off and move Myers to the 6 hole. Or a 2B that can lead off. Spangenberg should be leading off and starting at 2nd of Gyordo
              Way to early to give up Gyorko. Let's see how he is doing after 30-40 games instead of 4.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                Way to early to give up Gyorko. Let's see how he is doing after 30-40 games instead of 4.
                This isn't Gyorko's first season. Nor are these games his first after signing one of the largest contracts in the history of the game for a player like him.

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Stranding runners again.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

This isn't Gyorko's first season. Nor are these games his first after signing one of the largest contracts in the history of the game for a player like him.
                    No, it's 5 games into his 3rd season. He hit 23 HRs in his first season and was affected by Plantar fasciitis in his second season. Ask Gates how that affects your performance.

Like I said. WAY too soon to give up on him.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

He sucks. He needs to go. I dont care how early it is. Ive seen enough. He couldn't hit 3A pitching right now. He needs to go find his swing. Put Solarte in there.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

What is with all these first pitch swings? Wouldn't a proven hitting coach make sense with all the new bats?

Comment

fender57
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Gyrk Jeddco.

Comment

Working...
                          X