• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
    Doc Rivers is a tool, remember when Garnett wasn't the biggest a-hole in the league before he played for Doc? And the class they showed their own rental Ray Allen was amazing, just for doing what they wished they could do. And then did, only much worse, a year later. F that guy.
    There was a time where I wanted Garnett as a Laker. When he was motivated he was the best there was. Problem was he was rarely motivated.

I'm glad Doc is the Clippers coach. He fits well with Sterling.
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
      Do the Pirates come into Yankee stadium and ask management to throw drapes over their monuments?
      If IF the Clippers ever hang a banner the Lakers should set fire to the fucking thing.

Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beer Holder
      Piss poor comparison. The Clippers and Lakers are co-tenants in the same facility and have been since 1999. The Jets and Giants share MetLife Stadium and field elements, signage, banners (including retired numbers and championships), etc are changed over each time teams swap. And why shouldn't it be so? Why should a Clipper game feel like its taking place in a Lakers' atmosphere? Or vice versa? If they weren't co-tenants then perhaps the argument carries some weight. But it's interesting that this issue is something people get so hung up on. Maybe they need something to distract from the disaster thats been the post Jerry Buss era. But if they do feel that strongly about it and want all their Laker swag to be shown exclusively, then perhaps they ought to move back to The Forum.

Comment

• sandiego17
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Regarding the raider thing, couldn't disagree more. Nope, not even remotely the same. Different galaxy. The raiders are not the lakers, the lakers are the Yankees, Cowboys, Man U, Bayern Munich. The clippers are the, well, no real comparison in pro sports. Raiders are just a team that nobody really cares about, save some punks that think the colors are cool. Again, couldn't disagree more. Also, disagree that the clippers get more attention nationally. The lakers will always get more attention, right or wrong. I spend as much time in SoCal as out of SoCal. Kind of sucks, but no options these days. Do appreciate the mileage though, I guess that's a consolation.

F the raiders. By the way, lakers did win the division pretty recently. What exactly have the clips accomplished again?

Comment

• sandiego17
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
          There was a time where I wanted Garnett as a Laker. When he was motivated he was the best there was. Problem was he was rarely motivated.

I'm glad Doc is the Clippers coach. He fits well with Sterling.
          I was at game 6 when Kobe eliminated Garnett with the wolves. Dude was all class, good guy, tough to root against. Then he went on to play for Doc. What a tool.

Comment

• sandiego17
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
            But it's interesting that this issue is something people get so hung up on. Maybe they need something to distract from the But if they do feel that strongly about it and want all their Laker swag to be shown exclusively, then perhaps they ought to move back to The Forum.
            The fabulous forum was awesome! Anyhow, I'm sure the suite owners would be happy to hear that, they could just pray that sterling keeps the clippers relevant. Sure thing, why wouldn't he?

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I was at game 6 when Kobe eliminated Garnett with the wolves. Dude was all class, good guy, tough to root against. Then he went on to play for Doc. What a tool.
              There were 2 players I ever wanted the Lakers to trade Kobe for, Garnett and Gasol. The Gasol trade had other players involved but I thought Phil could really get those two guys to play up to their abilities. Garnett was always a punk but before Doc he was a naive punk. On the Celts him and Pierce just became jackasses. Gasol is someone I think Phil could've made one of the best. He just needed a Coach like Phil to bring him along.
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

The fabulous forum was awesome! Anyhow, I'm sure the suite owners would be happy to hear that, they could just pray that sterling keeps the clippers relevant. Sure thing, why wouldn't he?
                Sterling keeping Staples relevant? No way LA would let that happen. It'd be a big black hole in the middle of downtown. Much like the LA Coliseum is a black hole
                Last edited by oneinchpunch; 01-29-2014, 12:07 AM.
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• sandiego17
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                  There were 2 players I ever wanted the Lakers to trade Kobe for, Garnett and Gasol. The Gasol trade had other players involved but I thought Phil could really get those two guys to play up to their abilities. Garnett was always a punk but before Doc he was a naive punk. On the Celts him and Pierce just became jackasses. Gasol is someone I think Phil could've made one of the best. He just needed a Coach like Phil to bring him along.
                  I liked Garnett pre Rivers, the kid could play and wasn't the constant a-hole he became. Remember the "who is gasol" bullshit? One handled it like a man, the other a bitch. Talking about wives? Just a complete tool in Boston. Fake tough guy.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Garnett was always about him and his boys. He could've been one of the greatest. When he decided he wanted to take over games there was no one better. He could've been considered with the all-time greats but he just had crap for coaches
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Regarding the raider thing, couldn't disagree more. Nope, not even remotely the same. Different galaxy. The raiders are not the lakers, the lakers are the Yankees, Cowboys, Man U, Bayern Munich. The clippers are the, well, no real comparison in pro sports. Raiders are just a team that nobody really cares about, save some punks that think the colors are cool. Again, couldn't disagree more. Also, disagree that the clippers get more attention nationally. The lakers will always get more attention, right or wrong. I spend as much time in SoCal as out of SoCal. Kind of sucks, but no options these days. Do appreciate the mileage though, I guess that's a consolation.

F the raiders. By the way, lakers did win the division pretty recently. What exactly have the clips accomplished again?
                      I'm sorry you fail to see the very obvious parallels. Again, it's perhaps understandable. I said Clippers get more attention nationally for on-court stuff. No one...and I mean no one gives a fuck about Meeks and Swaggy nationally. The only attention the Lakers get nationally is about off-court stuff...Kobe and the future.

Lakers won the division pretty recently? Yes, the year the Clippers finished one game behind them. Clippers won it last year. They won 17 consecutive games last year. Only one team won more consecutively. Though they were bounced in the first round last year, they advanced to the second round before. Again, not world titles, but worlds away from their past. I know, Raiders fan, still no rings so the 'successes' don't count.
                      Last edited by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR; 01-29-2014, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Anyhow, I'm sure the suite owners would be happy to hear that, they could just pray that sterling keeps the clippers relevant. Sure thing, why wouldn't he?
                        Whatever. He's shelling out enough to be on the brink of the luxury tax. And his penurious ways haven't been an issue in many years. Facts are nettlesome.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

Big words from the 3 point line.

Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beer Holder
                          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X