Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    replied
    Respect, Rob. Long time loyal fans are awesome. You've been fortunate enough to be loyal to a great, great franchise that's had tons of terrific players and multiple championships.

Leave a comment:

• RobH
    replied
    I remember watching the Lakers when Mel Counts was the center after Chamberlain retired, and Jerry West was on his last legs and Gail Goodrich was about all there was. They were a pretty crappy team then, but I still loved them. The Magic and Kareem Showtime years were my favorite. I kinda lost touch with after Magic retired, and I really don't like the type of ball that Kobe plays. I expect they'll be down a year or three, but hey, the sun don't shine on the same dog's butt all the time.

Leave a comment:

replied
    This is like when I run it up on the Patriots in Madden

Leave a comment:

replied
    Hahaha

LakersNation bravado/inbounds pass intercepted at beginning of second half when you're down 33 is like....no pride when you're down 33. Or being a Raiders fan and bragging about Jack Squirek.

LakersCannon...please post something.

Leave a comment:

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    Lakers Nation: Lakers vs. Clippers is like the high school kid who can finally beat his dad and won't stop bragging about it.

Leave a comment:

• Savage Lizard
    replied
    Originally posted by bonehead View Post
    Oh fuck the Lakers ..... Seriously?????? People from San Diego root for the Lakers and Dodgers????????? Barf!!

I hope the Lakers miss the playoffs for the next 40 years
    AMEN! And fuck the Clippers even more!

Leave a comment:

• bonehead
    replied
    Oh fuck the Lakers ..... Seriously?????? People from San Diego root for the Lakers and Dodgers????????? Barf!!

I hope the Lakers miss the playoffs for the next 40 years

Leave a comment:

• sandiego17
    replied
    Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
    The "but hey, they are the Lakers" refers to the notion that simply because they are the Lakers all of the pieces will just fall into place. Because they are "the Lakers" it is preordained. The point I have made throughout this thread is that is very much in question, particularly with a new ownership that even Kareem thinks has been overmatched to this point and with a gammy, probably-overpaid Kobe taking up a lot of cap room. That point of view gets me labeled as a hater, but I guess that's how reality-based basketball observations are viewed in LakersLand these days. Better than worrying about getting to 20 wins, I suppose.
    Huh? No one assumes all pieces will fall into place simply because they're the Lakers. We will see how things "fall into place" magically, then you and Kareem will find out if you are correct or not. They will be in the lottery, the deadwood you bring up (as a non-hater) doesn't really exist (show me the deadwood, I've already posted the contracts that will be on the books, if not correct, I'm all eyes and would like to read about that) and they will have the cap room to bring in players both this year, next year and in 2016 as Kobe's contract falls off the books. I predict a post about LeBron joining Kobe, very meaningful.

I don't care about Wiggins' development or turning pro vs not. If you want to talk about that start another thread. My point is about what will impact the Lakers during the Kpbe window. Fine, let Wiggins work on his game while Kobe ball hogs chasing a championship predicated, in part, on picking Wiggins. Circular argument.
    Circular argument? I never said that Kobe would win a championship because the Lakers would draft Wiggins. Neither did coachmarkos. Nobody said that. You are the one he said Wiggins needed another year in college, I completely disagree with that notion and now you don't care and post something about a guy, who most likely will not be a Laker will impact the Lakers. You went to B-School, LP work .

You also claim not to be a Kobe hater. Doesn't appear that way, but hey, if you say so. Most non Laker fans do hate Kobe, I get that.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
    No it isn't, but there are other factors other than past performance that matter. What was the point of the line "but hey, they're the Lakers" other than a weak shot? Doomed with deadwood theme is just kind of silly.

Getting back to the discussion, can you think of one instance where a lottery pick improved his standing by staying in school? Why can't Wiggins work on his game in the NBA, with better coaching not limited by NCAA rules on time, etc. and playing a more games against better competition? I think Marcus Smart got some really bad advise last year, he wasn't a Jamaal Franklin bordering on the first and second round, but a top-3 guy who isn't anymore.
    The "but hey, they are the Lakers" refers to the notion that simply because they are the Lakers all of the pieces will just fall into place. Because they are "the Lakers" it is preordained. The point I have made throughout this thread is that is very much in question, particularly with a new ownership that even Kareem thinks has been overmatched to this point and with a gammy, probably-overpaid Kobe taking up a lot of cap room. That point of view gets me labeled as a hater, but I guess that's how reality-based basketball observations are viewed in LakersLand these days. Better than worrying about getting to 20 wins, I suppose.

I don't care about Wiggins' development or turning pro vs not. If you want to talk about that start another thread. My point is about what will impact the Lakers during the Kpbe window. Fine, let Wiggins work on his game while Kobe ball hogs chasing a championship predicated, in part, on picking Wiggins. Circular argument.

Leave a comment:

• sandiego17
    replied
    Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
    Past Performance is Not Necessarily Indicative of Future Results
    No it isn't, but there are other factors other than past performance that matter. What was the point of the line "but hey, they're the Lakers" other than a weak shot? Doomed with deadwood theme is just kind of silly.

Getting back to the discussion, can you think of one instance where a lottery pick improved his standing by staying in school? Why can't Wiggins work on his game in the NBA, with better coaching not limited by NCAA rules on time, etc. and playing a more games against better competition? I think Marcus Smart got some really bad advise last year, he wasn't a Jamaal Franklin bordering on the first and second round, but a top-3 guy who isn't anymore.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
    And yes, they are the lakers. Thank goodness.
    Past Performance is Not Necessarily Indicative of Future Results

Leave a comment:

• sandiego17
    replied
    Completely disagree about staying in school. He can work on his game and get paid like a top 3 pick. Anybody that's a lottery pick should go, they're not going to improve their stock much and it's one less year in the NBA.

Disagree in regards to deadwood, ESPN speculation notwithstanding. And yes, they are the lakers. Thank goodness.
    Last edited by sandiego17; 02-26-2014, 12:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X