• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    replied
    Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
    Big words from the 3 point line.
    If you see it that way, then I think that further reinforces the point.

Leave a comment:

• Mister Hoarse
    replied
    Big words from the 3 point line.

Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beer Holder

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
    Anyhow, I'm sure the suite owners would be happy to hear that, they could just pray that sterling keeps the clippers relevant. Sure thing, why wouldn't he?
    Whatever. He's shelling out enough to be on the brink of the luxury tax. And his penurious ways haven't been an issue in many years. Facts are nettlesome.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Regarding the raider thing, couldn't disagree more. Nope, not even remotely the same. Different galaxy. The raiders are not the lakers, the lakers are the Yankees, Cowboys, Man U, Bayern Munich. The clippers are the, well, no real comparison in pro sports. Raiders are just a team that nobody really cares about, save some punks that think the colors are cool. Again, couldn't disagree more. Also, disagree that the clippers get more attention nationally. The lakers will always get more attention, right or wrong. I spend as much time in SoCal as out of SoCal. Kind of sucks, but no options these days. Do appreciate the mileage though, I guess that's a consolation.

F the raiders. By the way, lakers did win the division pretty recently. What exactly have the clips accomplished again?
    I'm sorry you fail to see the very obvious parallels. Again, it's perhaps understandable. I said Clippers get more attention nationally for on-court stuff. No one...and I mean no one gives a fuck about Meeks and Swaggy nationally. The only attention the Lakers get nationally is about off-court stuff...Kobe and the future.

Lakers won the division pretty recently? Yes, the year the Clippers finished one game behind them. Clippers won it last year. They won 17 consecutive games last year. Only one team won more consecutively. Though they were bounced in the first round last year, they advanced to the second round before. Again, not world titles, but worlds away from their past. I know, Raiders fan, still no rings so the 'successes' don't count.
    Last edited by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR; 01-29-2014, 09:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    Garnett was always about him and his boys. He could've been one of the greatest. When he decided he wanted to take over games there was no one better. He could've been considered with the all-time greats but he just had crap for coaches

Leave a comment:

• sandiego17
    replied
    Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
    There were 2 players I ever wanted the Lakers to trade Kobe for, Garnett and Gasol. The Gasol trade had other players involved but I thought Phil could really get those two guys to play up to their abilities. Garnett was always a punk but before Doc he was a naive punk. On the Celts him and Pierce just became jackasses. Gasol is someone I think Phil could've made one of the best. He just needed a Coach like Phil to bring him along.
    I liked Garnett pre Rivers, the kid could play and wasn't the constant a-hole he became. Remember the "who is gasol" bullshit? One handled it like a man, the other a bitch. Talking about wives? Just a complete tool in Boston. Fake tough guy.

Leave a comment:

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    The fabulous forum was awesome! Anyhow, I'm sure the suite owners would be happy to hear that, they could just pray that sterling keeps the clippers relevant. Sure thing, why wouldn't he?
    Sterling keeping Staples relevant? No way LA would let that happen. It'd be a big black hole in the middle of downtown. Much like the LA Coliseum is a black hole
    Last edited by oneinchpunch; 01-29-2014, 12:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    I was at game 6 when Kobe eliminated Garnett with the wolves. Dude was all class, good guy, tough to root against. Then he went on to play for Doc. What a tool.
    There were 2 players I ever wanted the Lakers to trade Kobe for, Garnett and Gasol. The Gasol trade had other players involved but I thought Phil could really get those two guys to play up to their abilities. Garnett was always a punk but before Doc he was a naive punk. On the Celts him and Pierce just became jackasses. Gasol is someone I think Phil could've made one of the best. He just needed a Coach like Phil to bring him along.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X