• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Take Darrisaw @#13. Then polish off your round 2 and round 3 clusters...

Comment

• Originally posted by JupiterBolt View Post
      The more I think about it, I feel drafting a LOT in round 1 is a must. Not only is it our biggest need, it is also KC’s biggest need.
      Even though I prefer the CBs to the OTs, I think that your point about KC also needing OTs as a reason to get them off of the board is good point.

Comment

• Xenos
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

The quality of his performance was closer to Tagovailoa's than it is to Herbert's. The completion percentage, the YPA, the TD% (worse than Tua's), and the QB rating were all closer to Tagovailoa's numbers than to Herbert's.

Burrow's anticipation was not even good, much less elite like that of Rivers. Burrow struggled early precisely because he held the ball too long and did not anticipate very well. He admitted that he held the ball to long. He got better, but he has yet to show above average anticipation for an NFL QB (much less the anticipation of Rivers, who was arguably the best anticipatory passer in the NFL during his career).
        To be fair, Rivers wasn’t really Rivers until 2008. Four years after he was drafted. I feel Burrows is on that same trajectory. He just didn’t have the same OL protection that Rivers had earlier in his career. I also think Zac Taylor isn’t the best offensive mind, which is surprising since he came from that McVay and Shanahan tree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xenos View Post

To be fair, Rivers wasn’t really Rivers until 2008. Four years after he was drafted. I feel Burrows is on that same trajectory. He just didn’t have the same OL protection that Rivers had earlier in his career. I also think Zac Taylor isn’t the best offensive mind, which is surprising since he came from that McVay and Shanahan tree.
          Rivers was good in 2006 (8th in the NFL in passer rating) and he led the back to back huge road comebacks against CIN and DEN in consecutive weeks. He had a higher passer rating than Burrow despite playing in a time when the rules were less favorable to QBs.

I see a whole lot of excuses being made for Burrow. The reality is that our OL ranked worse than CIN's in both pass block win rate (29th for CIN versus 31st for us) and run block win rate (11th for CIN versus 32nd for us). Yet, Herbert was still clearly the better QB.

Anything is possible, but I do not see Burrow duplicating Rivers' 1st, 3rd and 2nd rank in passer rating in his 4th through 6th seasons like Rivers did or ever for that matter. He could improve more, but so far he has not been anything special.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
            Take Darrisaw @#13. Then polish off your round 2 and round 3 clusters...
            That is where I started my analysis, but I had to make a note to myself that members on the forum "hated" Darrishaw as a potential first round pick for us. Some had him rated as a third round guy and noted that he gave an inconsistent effort. I feel like we have gone a long way to get back to the guy that was the first candidate that I raised when discussing the draft possibilities.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Rivers was good in 2006 (8th in the NFL in passer rating) and he led the back to back huge road comebacks against CIN and DEN in consecutive weeks. He had a higher passer rating than Burrow despite playing in a time when the rules were less favorable to QBs.

I see a whole lot of excuses being made for Burrow. The reality is that our OL ranked worse than CIN's in both pass block win rate (29th for CIN versus 31st for us) and run block win rate (11th for CIN versus 32nd for us). Yet, Herbert was still clearly the better QB.

Anything is possible, but I do not see Burrow duplicating Rivers' 1st, 3rd and 2nd rank in passer rating in his 4th through 6th seasons like Rivers did or ever for that matter. He could improve more, but so far he has not been anything special.
              Herbert applying vice grip-like pressure to Burrow and Tua
              soon, Mahomes will feel threatened
              no sophomore slump, Herb going off in 2021
              Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• PORTERPARTY1
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2020
                • Send PM

Would it make sense to trade down say 4 spots, get another 2nd , One of the top 5 olt would be their and then go for cb, wr, rb edge in second and third. /
                with a little luck we could get 3 or 4 starters.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

The overall draft IQ among TPB members just keeps getting higher and higher each year. Its amazing how much guys are learning and sharing here. Makes everyone smarter. Thats what really makes being a fan fun. Its not just wins or losses that generate excitement. Its the strategy of it and actually knowing every little detail about the team and the game of football. The X;s and O;s. The game of chess. Its not simple. Its not easy. Concepts on O and D are dynamic as hell. Its become such a cerebral game.

I feel like so many here are investing the time....wanting to learn so that the takes here are sound....and create good discussion.

I guess im just saying cheers to you guys. Im proud of this forum. Proud of the level of football intellect. What an honor to be a part of this. Sure is fun to watch my baby grow like this.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

That is where I started my analysis, but I had to make a note to myself that members on the forum "hated" Darrishaw as a potential first round pick for us. Some had him rated as a third round guy and noted that he gave an inconsistent effort. I feel like we have gone a long way to get back to the guy that was the first candidate that I raised when discussing the draft possibilities.
                    So what exactly did your analysis reveal? Can't find any of his metrics, arm length for one, not to mention agility, explosion, strength and speed? Tape looks pretty good but poor hand position will cause holding penalties. No sacks allowed and six hurries but Hokies are primarily a running offense, not pro set Chargers run. He might be better on the right side, just my two cents. No crazy about the pick, but like position. If he bombs left side, move him to the right after Bryan Bulaga contract expires, which by the way they look almost identical size and build.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by PORTERPARTY1 View Post
                      Would it make sense to trade down say 4 spots, get another 2nd , One of the top 5 olt would be their and then go for cb, wr, rb edge in second and third. /
                      with a little luck we could get 3 or 4 starters.
                      Who is giving up their 2nd round pick to move up 4-5 spots?
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Some trees produce less fruitful branches than others...sooner or later, they usually get pruned off...

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Who is giving up their 2nd round pick to move up 4-5 spots?
                          I'm IN! (if it's for Sewell). After all, we STILL have TWO 3rd rounders...

Comment

Working...
                          X