• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Wait a second... Weren’t you the one that posted yesterday that the Panthers trade might bar us from even getting Darrisaw?

Maybe not, but regardless, my theory is that the Bengals will draft Chase. Burrow’s public statement that he wants Chase is enough to tip the scales. Bengals wanna keep him happy for a number of different reasons.

If we want Sewell, the team we should be prepping a trade with is the Lions. Maybe Dolphins. But that trade won’t go into action until after the Bengals draft Chase.
    LOL! Maybe... I've written so many things, it's hard to keep track.
    If the Bengals draft Chase (instead of Sewell) then we're guaranteed to get Slater or Darrisaw. But I've got Cosmi as another LT that I really like. I think his ceiling is higher than Slater or Darrisaw.

Here's my theory on Bengals... I think Tyler Boyd and Tee Higgins are pretty good. If Joe Burrows wants to be really happy... draft a guy to replace the guy that got Joe's knee shredded (Michael Jordan @ LG)... Bengals perfect draft would be to trade back to the mid 1st-round (pick up an extra pick) and draft Alijah Vera-Tucker (the best OG in the draft).

Might the Chargers be that mid-round trade partner...? Maybe.

But I'd stand pat. Even if there were a run on OT's before #13... I'd be very happy with Cosmi @#13.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Here’s a quick Brandon Thorn summation that I can quote. More film breakdown in the link:
      I spent this past week studying Texas LT Sam Cosmi and Notre Dame LT Liam Eichenberg for the notebook and came away with a lot of observations, notes, and anecdotes to share with everyone. Both players have a nasty, physical demeanor on the field with Eichenberg being more consistent in that regard but Cosmi has an edge in the power he is able to generate to deliver some epic finishes. Eichenberg is the more refined overall player of the two (also two years older), with Cosmi having plenty to like but needing more refinement.

Texas LT Sam Cosmi - 6’7” 310 pounds - RS Junior - 21 years old Week 1 of the 2021 NFL season

Cosmi would have “blown the doors off of the combine” according to his position coach and has the inner desire and work ethic to continually improve his game.
      • Interesting Fact:Cosmi is a first generation Romanian-American with both parents born in Romania.
      • Tapes viewed: 2019 - LSU, TCU. 2020 - UTEP, Texas Tech, TCU, Oklahoma, Iowa State
      • Best matchups: 2019 Week 2 vs. K’Lavon Chaisson
      • Top traits: Athletic ability, anchor, rotational strength, physicality
      • Biggest concerns: Footwork in pass protection, playing down to competition

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

LOL! Maybe... I've written so many things, it's hard to keep track.
        If the Bengals draft Chase (instead of Sewell) then we're guaranteed to get Slater or Darrisaw. But I've got Cosmi as another LT that I really like. I think his ceiling is higher than Slater or Darrisaw.

Here's my theory on Bengals... I think Tyler Boyd and Tee Higgins are pretty good. If Joe Burrows wants to be really happy... draft a guy to replace the guy that got Joe's knee shredded (Michael Jordan @ LG)... Bengals perfect draft would be to trade back to the mid 1st-round (pick up an extra pick) and draft Alijah Vera-Tucker (the best OG in the draft).

Might the Chargers be that mid-round trade partner...? Maybe.

But I'd stand pat. Even if there were a run on OT's before #13... I'd be very happy with Cosmi @#13.
        Good point about AVT. It’s probably what they should do. But I think it’ll be too hard for the Bengals to pass up on Chase or Pitts. At the top of the 2nd they could grab local product Wyatt Davis. Then another’s local product in James Hudson in the 3rd. That’d keep both Burrow and the Cinci fans happy.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

So you are confident the top 5 OT's will not end up being a Fluker???..... I believe there are several OT's in this draft who might end up developing into good to great players but there are only 2 or 3 that rank as fairly sure immediate starters..... so all are not worth taking at 13..... Best organizations draft BPA...... and Chargers should do that ..... Chargers could defeintiey use an elite player at OT, CB, DE, OLB, TE, WR, DT...... its going to be about how the draft goes..... and who is available...... and only trade up if TT thinks Sewell is a generational talent.....
          I'd bet my left-nut, right-nut, and bolt-nut that the top 5 OT's will not end up being Fluker.

People... Fluker sucked! He was not a LT... he wasn't even a RT. I'm sorry that you all believed that. I'm sorry that TT believed that. I never believed that. When I saw Western Kentucky's Quanteras Smith destroy Fluker... I was convinced he was an OG.

Being a Fluker...?

Aren't you more afraid of drafting a Pipkins in the 3rd...?

Comment

• DragonIce
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2021
            • Arizona
            • Send PM

Before we are on the clock:
            Five QBs, Pitts, and 3 WRs are gone.

We will likely have our pick of the 2nd best O-tackle or 2nd best cornerback. In the unlikely situation that isn't the case...or we don't like the offerings we trade down and stack picks. What's not to like?

Time for poise in the pocket regarding our selection. No desperation heaves down the field.

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I'd bet my left-nut, right-nut, and bolt-nut that the top 5 OT's will not end up being Fluker.

People... Fluker sucked! He was not a LT... he wasn't even a RT. I'm sorry that you all believed that. I'm sorry that TT believed that. I never believed that. When I saw Western Kentucky's Quanteras Smith destroy Fluker... I was convinced he was an OG.

Being a Fluker...?

Aren't you more afraid of drafting a Pipkins in the 3rd...?
              Sorry, you are missing my point..... maybe i was not clear..... most people did not know Fluker was going to suck aso bad when Chargers desperately drafted him......How many drafts have you ever seen 5 OT's who turn out to be pro bowlers???...... my point is if there is an OT the team feels is a near cant miss then take him at 13..... if the OT's available at 13 have 2nd round grades or later, and there is an elite CB or an elite pass rusher sitting there then take the elite player,,.... NEVER pass on elite players..... You can never have too many great pass rushers and Chargers ONLY have ONE..... You can never have too many great CB's and Chargers have zero elite ones......

Most great teams have 3-5 great pass rushers, 3 or more great CB's......2 or more great LBers...... 3 or more great OL...... Chargers goal should be to draft the BPA who has the best chance to be elite...... that will make our team better.....

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I doubt Miami wants to trade back after trading back up to 6 from 12. They have a target in mind and I don't think it is a OT..
                Dolphins will want a WR with that first 1st-rounder. But what about that second 1st-rounder...? Or that early 2nd...?

Austin Jackson was a reach. They want an OT.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

If we stay at #13 I would not be surprised if we snag Caleb Farley if he slides to us. I wouldn't even mind it if we have to sit him the first half of the season and we unleash him in the last 8 games of the season.

:whistlin:
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post
                    Before we are on the clock:
                    Five QBs, Pitts, and 3 WRs are gone.

We will likely have our pick of the 2nd best O-tackle or 2nd best cornerback. In the unlikely situation that isn't the case...or we don't like the offerings we trade down and stack picks. What's not to like?

Time for poise in the pocket regarding our selection. No desperation heaves down the field.
                    I’m willing to bet that one of those WRs falls below #13. One to the top rated receivers falls almost every year. This year it’s gonna be Smith. The posters in this forum aren’t the only ones worried about his size. Wouldn’t be shocked at all to see Bateman taken before the slim reaper.

On the other hand, I do see Parsons and one of the edge rushers (Paye or Philips) drafted in the top 12.
                    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                      If we stay at #13 I would not be surprised if we snag Caleb Farley if he slides to us. I wouldn't even mind it if we have to sit him the first half of the season and we unleash him in the last 8 games of the season.

:whistlin:
                      i would not touch a player with that kind of injury..... Chargers have zero luck with seriously injured players...... and there are 2 other better CB's who may be available......

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Swami Simms has Spoken! Preachen to the Choir Here....

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• DragonIce
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2021
                          • Arizona
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                          I’m willing to bet that one of those WRs falls below #13.
                          Maybe. And maybe someone is in love with Parsons in the top 12...or Paye. 85% odds we get Slater or our second choice corner. I can sleep with those odds.

Where we sit, we should worry?

Insert Meme here:
                          -Fear is the mind killer (Paul)
                          -Can't always get what you want...get what you need (Nick)
                          -Calm down your being very undude. (Walter)

Last edited by DragonIce; 04-06-2021, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X