Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Memo to Kyle n John.
    Bro, you went to the wrong Pro Day.
    Maybe the Bolts really want him, but are watching him from afar...Liar's Month...

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Thats what I am saying - I don't think he makes it past the Panthers to even get to the Broncos.

I just don't see him getting to the Chargers and I kind of hope he is picked - I want Tommy T to focus on LT and CB.
      Panthers are taking a QB most likely. They may have to trade up. But if they fail then they could take him. Denver who knows. They have Fant who is going to be a good one...already is showing it and ran a 4.5 at the combine,..... and if Parsons is there i dont know why they would pass on him.

With Miami sticking with Tua imo they go WR or Pitts.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-31-2021, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
        Priority #1 Protect your Franchise QB

Priority #2 Implement Staley’s Defense

2a. Secondary man coverage DB

2b. Pass rusher who compliments Bosa

2c. Safety versatility both against the run & pass

Priority #3 add depth @ positions of need that align w/BPA. OT/OG, DT/DE, OLB.

As a draft fanatic, someone who cherish the process, falling in and out of love with prospects for your team, you have to let go sometime and maximize draft capital to its fullest in order to build a complete roster. After the blue chip prospects fall off and all that remains are only slightly better than player just a few picks later @ position of need. You trade down. Teams will always want to trade up, especially early.

Key is trading that #13 pick for better value, later in first, 2nd and 3rd. Nobody knows who those trading partners will be but if you can lock down a player of need, OT/CB, let’s just say #17-#21 and pick up extra 2nd. Then just do it. If either of those 2nd’s looks like player coveted might go before that pick, you can trade back up with later rd 3rd. Or maybe 4th depending how for you want to jump ahead.

say all that to outline these for prospects that fit Chargers in first 3 rounds of the 2021 NFL Draft.

Trade 13th and 118 (4th) to Chicago for 20th and 52nd selections.
        20th - Teven Jenkins, OT 6-6 320. Very definition of enforcer. Smart, tough, exceptional footwork, finishes every play of every down. Reminds me of a young Duane Brown.

47th - Carlos Boogy Basham, DE 6-5 280. 3-4 DE opposite Joey Bosa. Gives Staley pass rushing threat @ both ends.

52nd - Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB 6-3 213. Has size and speed to play boundary corner, drop down in slot or slide over as 3rd safety.

77th - Eric Stokes, CB 6-1 185. Press corner who adds slot depth, bolstering Staley’s secondary with much needed depth and playmaker.

97th - Tommy Tremble, TE 6-4 250. Need pick, to develop as future starting TE, who can block, chip on the edges, good route runner with reliable hands. Hopefully can turn into a Hunter Henry clone.
        Not noted for reliable hands but he can get better. Repitition on the Jugs will help . Ill be curious of his hand measurements today. Big upside.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not noted for reliable hands but he can get better. Repitition on the Jugs will help . Ill be curious of his hand measurements today. Big upside.

Tony Pauline’s Tommy Tremble Scouting Report

Positives: Athletic tight end who flashed dominance as both a blocker and a pass catcher. Sets with a wide base, bends his knees, and possesses terrific blocking vision. Explosive at the point and knocks defenders back from the action, working through the whistle. Runs well laterally, follows the quarterback across the field, and adjusts and swipes the ball out of the air on crossing patterns.

Extends to make the reception away from his frame and displays strong hands with the ability to pull the fastball out of the air. Works to make himself an available target and uses his frame to shield away defenders.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Positives: Athletic tight end who flashed dominance as both a blocker and a pass catcher. Sets with a wide base, bends his knees, and possesses terrific blocking vision. Explosive at the point and knocks defenders back from the action, working through the whistle. Runs well laterally, follows the quarterback across the field, and adjusts and swipes the ball out of the air on crossing patterns.

Extends to make the reception away from his frame and displays strong hands with the ability to pull the fastball out of the air. Works to make himself an available target and uses his frame to shield away defenders.
            Yes i know but there are others that say he dont have great hands, though not in those words.

Its hard to go watch him on YouTube because he doesnt have a lot of production as a reciever and only so many games you can see on YT that arent highlights. Im all for Tremble for us. Mocked him to us often but just saying it seems some are 50/50 on his hands.

Comment

• Parcells
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Priority #1 Protect your Franchise QB

Priority #2 Implement Staley’s Defense

2a. Secondary man coverage DB

2b. Pass rusher who compliments Bosa

2c. Safety versatility both against the run & pass

Priority #3 add depth @ positions of need that align w/BPA. OT/OG, DT/DE, OLB.

As a draft fanatic, someone who cherish the process, falling in and out of love with prospects for your team, you have to let go sometime and maximize draft capital to its fullest in order to build a complete roster. After the blue chip prospects fall off and all that remains are only slightly better than player just a few picks later @ position of need. You trade down. Teams will always want to trade up, especially early.

Key is trading that #13 pick for better value, later in first, 2nd and 3rd. Nobody knows who those trading partners will be but if you can lock down a player of need, OT/CB, let’s just say #17-#21 and pick up extra 2nd. Then just do it. If either of those 2nd’s looks like player coveted might go before that pick, you can trade back up with later rd 3rd. Or maybe 4th depending how for you want to jump ahead.

say all that to outline these for prospects that fit Chargers in first 3 rounds of the 2021 NFL Draft.
              Telesco has no history of trading down. If Darrisaw is the guy we want, I think he’ll last to the late teens. I’d love to see us land him around 19 if WFT were to trade up for a QB. But I don’t see it happening.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Jeremiah drops Darrisaw 10 spots to #36 in his newest top 50

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jere...t-rankings-3-0

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Telesco has no history of trading down. If Darrisaw is the guy we want, I think he’ll last to the late teens. I’d love to see us land him around 19 if WFT were to trade up for a QB. But I don’t see it happening.
                  Even better, then nobody will be expecting it. If I can come away with three legit starters and two others who will compete for reps, I'll take that as a win.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Here is one. This is Lance Zeirlein. Ive seen a couple of them. Wouldnt faze me much though.

All Combine and Draft-Related Analysis, News, Video, and Biographical Information for Tommy Tremble

Overview
                    Highly intriguing early entry tight end who appears to be scratching the surface of his future impact. He's not the same level of player, but Tremble's blocking toughness and athletic profile are reminiscent of Kellen Winslow Jr.'s when he entered the league. Tremble is a gritty, capable blocker at the point of attack and will really move the needle as a lead and move blocker in space. However, he lacks development as a route runner and has hands that fail to inspire confidence as a pass catcher. His versatility as a run blocker will allow offensive coordinators to shift him around formations and create favorable matchups in the passing game. If he's able to simply improve his hands status to average, his speed and athleticism should create chunk play opportunities. He has Day 2 value with Day 1 upside.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      Jeremiah drops Darrisaw 10 spots to #36 in his newest top 50

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jere...t-rankings-3-0
                      Jeremiah had Herbert I think at 20 last year but for QB - all grades can be off

Now we do not know where Telesco would rank him but cannot pick at player in even the 20's on your draft board at 13 - let alone the 30's.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

We are in dire need of LT and CB1. Hard to get both in one draft. I like the 3 CB. Those are legit prime CB prospects to me. Check all the boxes. Darrisaw im not sure. Id get behind the pick though. I dont think his ceiling is as high as those CBs. Solid starter. Not dominant. But if hes a franchise LT its a pillar to a roster. CBs have more upside. Just give me the best duo of OT/CB and im happy.

1. Surtain CB
                        2. Little OT

Id be happy with that. I could see us trading our higher 3rd and 2nd to get near the top of round 2. Maybe back of R1. But TT will try and come out of this draft with a LT and CB1.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                          We are in dire need of LT and CB1. Hard to get both in one draft. I like the 3 CB. Those are legit prime CB prospects to me. Check all the boxes. Darrisaw im not sure. Id get behind the pick though. I dont think his ceiling is as high as those CBs. Solid starter. Not dominant. But if hes a franchise LT its a pillar to a roster. CBs have more upside. Just give me the best duo of OT/CB and im happy.

1. Surtain CB
                          2. Little OT

Id be happy with that. I could see us trading our higher 3rd and 2nd to get near the top of round 2. Maybe back of R1. But TT will try and come out of this draft with a LT and CB1.
                          The way I view it - -if its between CB and OT at 13 - take the highest ranked player. IF that is Surtain or Horn - so be. Than come back and OT in R2

Surtain (or Horn) and Little would be a good start to the draft too me

Comment

Working...
                          X