• Show
Clear All
  • TABF
    Por debajo del promedio
    • Jun 2013
    • SoCal
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Richpjr
    This is very true, but the problem is the timing of the stinker and our team's health. If we lose in Denver which seems likely to me, we now have back to back division losses making winning the division almost impossible sans a Manning injury. Then we then have to play in Miami where we haven't won since the 1982 or whatever that is so the 5-1 start could be 5-4 going into the bye with some tough games left. And that would leave us fighting for our playoff lives, seemingly like we do every year recently.
    Agree the timing sucks. It always does, but lets not put the cart before the horse and start stacking losses. This thread isn't geared toward you Rich. Its just a way of me getting my glass half full thoughts in somewhere....

We played like dog shit on 3rd down (O & D) and under performed in everything except the kicking and punting game. We did not however, get destroyed and most importantly we had our chances to win that game. I didn't think we were going to finish the season 15-1, 14-2, 13-3 or even 12-4. We are good, but we have our shortcomings that will get exposed from time to time.

So much of football is matchups and yesterday, we didn't match up well... Long run, we will be fine as long as we can fight off the injury bug(s) and stick to the program. All of our remaining games are winnable IMO. I base this on the 'buy in' I see from the players in MM's system. This is an element of Football that is so hard to achieve/maintain and what quite often wins or losses football games. If we do somehow go on a significant run of losses most likely lack of buy in will be to blame. However, I think the easy way out is to start forecasting what could happen in the negative.

I for one would not be surprised if we found a way to win in Denver in 3 days. Again, I think the players buy in to what MM is cook'n.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Both Oakland and KC used our strategy against us, KC made the plays Oakland didn't (and got a bit lucky IMHO...). This happens is divisional games, all over the league. But we get healthy, both games are wins for us.

I'll bet a million bucks, Broncos are not looking forward to us coming into town Thursday night.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
        Both Oakland and KC used our strategy against us, KC made the plays Oakland didn't (and got a bit lucky IMHO...). This happens is divisional games, all over the league. But we get healthy, both games are wins for us.

I'll bet a million bucks, Broncos are not looking forward to us coming into town Thursday night.
        We had the ball for over 37 minutes against the Raiders so I'm not sure that game fits what KC did to us.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

They seemed to be trying, just didn't have the horses. KC did.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Hay!

VIDEO LOADING
            WE'RE SORRY, BUT THIS VIDEO IS NOT AVAILABLE.
            WATCH MORE VIDEOS
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• TABF
              Por debajo del promedio
              • Jun 2013
              • SoCal
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
              They seemed to be trying, just didn't have the horses. KC did.
              Agree, Effort was not an issue. Fuel (horses) was our issue.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

I saw posters bitching about the NT play this game. Carrethers got 5 tackles, 1 TFL. I watched Carrethers a lot and saw him have great push and get in the backfield a lot. I watched him push the C back into the QB on one play. (It may have been a sack because Smith couldn't step up in the pocket.) It's nice to see this confirmation that Carethers is coming along at a difficult position. 5 tackles (per ESPN) in 13 plays, not bad.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Beerman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Eastlake
                  • Send PM

People love to bitch about the NT. Our issues in the run game were mainly off the edges (as usual). The DE's needed to do a better job not getting washed out on the down block and the ILB's were late making a play most of the time.

Even then, we did make a ton of plays in the backfield that held them to 1-2 yard gains setting up long 3rd downs. Too bad we either had a penalty or a CB getting burned in those situations that extended the drive.

The WR screens were demoralizing, particularly the 3rd and 15ish one they converted.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                    People love to bitch about the NT. Our issues in the run game were mainly off the edges (as usual). The DE's needed to do a better job not getting washed out on the down block and the ILB's were late making a play most of the time.

Even then, we did make a ton of plays in the backfield that held them to 1-2 yard gains setting up long 3rd downs. Too bad we either had a penalty or a CB getting burned in those situations that extended the drive.

The WR screens were demoralizing, particularly the 3rd and 15ish one they converted.
                    He played 13 out of 70 defensive snaps.
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Beerman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Eastlake
                      • Send PM

UTkrasovic: Mike McCoy points to 3rd-down results on O and D as keys. Praises Oliver. Cites "too many missed tackles" by D. #Chargers

Comment

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        This is very true, but the problem is the timing of the stinker and our team's health. If we lose in Denver which seems likely to me, we now have back to back division losses making winning the division almost impossible sans a Manning injury. Then we then have to play in Miami where we haven't won since the 1982 or whatever that is so the 5-1 start could be 5-4 going into the bye with some tough games left. And that would leave us fighting for our playoff lives, seemingly like we do every year recently.
                        Couldn't agree more. While we haven't lost any of those games yet, with the injuries we have sustained believing anything different is just hope and faith at this point. Unfortunately, and I do indeed hope I am proven wrong but 5-5 looks to be on the horizon. Broncos are playing lights out right now and we are anything but. Denver is almost an impossible place to win for any team, and half of ours in in the infirmary.

Comment

• sandiego17
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                          He played 13 out of 70 defensive snaps.
                          Apparently, he made the most of those snaps. Nice game for the rookie, at least someone on D played well. If we are going to use hero out of context, Unsung Hero!

Comment

Working...
                          X