• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NoMoreChillies
    Outback Goon
    • Sep 2018
    • Australia
    • Send PM

as an international fan: politics smolitics. I wanna talk and learn football

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Especially in these turbulent times, we all need to keep a level head and try to agree to disagree as much as possible...so many of us are already stressed out over finances, virus-related issues, and now lately, these protests and violence...let's all try to show a bit more kindness and self-control...
      Yes sir. Well said.

Comment

• bartman83642
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Fleet, I have always tried to avoid the politics as you have pointed out multiple times that was not the intent of the forum and I like it here and wanted to respect that. Seems these days that so much of sports and politics or covid or other issues just get intertwined by the media and it can be hard at times to separate them.

If you don't want certain things discussed I am good with that but if you want an area of the site for things like that I can always be up for a spirited debate and hearing some opinions on other topics as well. You are running the show here and I will support you either way because I sure wouldn't want you job here and have to deal with all that stuff!

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by bartman83642 View Post
          Fleet, I have always tried to avoid the politics as you have pointed out multiple times that was not the intent of the forum and I like it here and wanted to respect that. Seems these days that so much of sports and politics or covid or other issues just get intertwined by the media and it can be hard at times to separate them.

If you don't want certain things discussed I am good with that but if you want an area of the site for things like that I can always be up for a spirited debate and hearing some opinions on other topics as well. You are running the show here and I will support you either way because I sure wouldn't want you job here and have to deal with all that stuff!
          Thanks man. We have always had that area here. The politics and religion section has been with us the entire time. It just rarely got used.

Comment

• bartman83642
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Thanks man. We have always had that area here. The politics and religion section has been with us the entire time. It just rarely got used.

Yeah I have visited from time to time and read some of the threads. Been reading the questions for Christians topic on there as the posts come up.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Slight update. We have a section for non sports related politics/racism/religion and sports section for it. 2 forums now where this stuff can be discussed to your hearts delight. One for sports....one for non sports.

I did this at my other forum and it worked well.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I don't come to a football forum to discuss politics (because I know half of you are wrong!) but I have no problem with a separate place like Fleet has set up. A lot of people here have debated many topics for literally years so it is not a bad thing to give them a place to discuss politics. I personally won't use it, but if it keeps politics out of football threads I am all for it.
                Well, I don't want to know the politics of any of the members of TPB, so I will stay out of that forum.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  Slight update. We have a section for non sports related politics/racism/religion and sports section for it. 2 forums now where this stuff can be discussed to your hearts delight. One for sports....one for non sports.

I did this at my other forum and it worked well.
                  Thanks, I know I have my dalliances into politics from time to time in response to others. I really like that you have that here as opposed to the old Chargers forum that only certain posters were allowed to talk politics and everyone else was banned for a week. I do think though a lot of this is just from their Jumanji like times we are in and the boredom that comes from NO sports at all.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Thanks, I know I have my dalliances into politics from time to time in response to others. I really like that you have that here as opposed to the old Chargers forum that only certain posters were allowed to talk politics and everyone else was banned for a week. I do think though a lot of this is just from their Jumanji like times we are in and the boredom that comes from NO sports at all.
                    We all have the same Blue blood brother. Thats family to me. I need to give you all a place to say whats on your mind. In addition to the Chargers. Just not in the Chargers forum. Thats the mansion. The rest of the forums are little rooms within. You guys can go in those little rooms and argue and do whatever....just shut the door. lol I dont want to see the damage.

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
                      San Diego Native
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Farmington, NM
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                      we all need to keep a level head and try to agree to disagree
                      I couldn't agree more. Sports provides an outlet that transcends politics, race, religion, etc. It binds us together as Chargers fans regardless of belief. But, we've been without that outlet for what feels like forever. I look forward to setting aside differences, grasping the virtual hand of my fellow fan, and rooting without distraction for the Chargers.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

I come here for Chargers football. I appreciate you providing those that must space to do so. It's easy for me/us to avoid it and think/talk/dream about football. Cheers!!!

Comment

• nomad1946
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2017
                          • West Yellowstone, Montana
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                          I come here for Chargers football. I appreciate you providing those that must space to do so. It's easy for me/us to avoid it and think/talk/dream about football. Cheers!!!

Total agree, I have other places I can go for political discussions, I want to read and talk about football here, mostly Charger football.

Comment

Working...
                          X