DX hurts his knee(Confirmed Lost For Season)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • homeless simpson
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I wonder if Rivers will be lobbying to bring back the "throw ball down at the defenders feet in tantrum" plays. the ultimate short passing game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
      I am surprised. It happened to his good knee.
      Apparently he doesn't have a good knee.

Comment

• Den60
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
        Interesting becuase on 1090 in his interview yesterday he was saying in Dallas the used him most as a blocking TE... Has said it the context of being excited about and expanded roll with us. EI blocking and pass catching.
        He was the #3 TE in Dallas. How good was Dallas by the way?

Comment

• Den60
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
          I wonder if Rivers will be lobbying to bring back the "throw ball down at the defenders feet in tantrum" plays. the ultimate short passing game.
          I expect that play to be part of the getting rid of the ball quickly plan this year...

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
            He was the #3 TE in Dallas. How good was Dallas by the way?
            Whats that got to do with anything? They were one game better than us and Green is our 3rd string TE behind Phillips. Hey some guys do better in a different offense. Lets give the guy a chance.
            That said id like to see Green play WR.

Comment

• Den60
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              Whats that got to do with anything? They were one game better than us and Green is our 3rd string TE behind Phillips. Hey some guys do better in a different offense. Lets give the guy a chance.
              He was their third string TE. You can look around and find articles that say he wasn't a great blocker. Been down this road before on the old board. Don't see him as an upgrade at all and he definitely isn't the blocker that McMichael was. Sorry that I am not willing to blow smoke up your rear end to make you feel better but it ain't my style.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

He was their third string TE. You can look around and find articles that say he wasn't a great blocker. Been down this road before on the old board. Don't see him as an upgrade at all and he definitely isn't the blocker that McMichael was. Sorry that I am not willing to blow smoke up your rear end to make you feel better but it ain't my style.
                Im just saying give the guy a chance in a different offense. Im not expecting much from the team this year but ending with "how good was Dallas BTW" is a meaningless statement.

Comment

• Beerman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Eastlake
                  • Send PM

Not sure that plays to his strengths. It's all about matching him up vs. linebackers.

Comment

• Den60
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Im just saying give the guy a chance in a different offense. Im not expecting much from the team this year but ending with "how good was Dallas BTW" is a meaningless statement.
                    I'm sorry. I forgot that we are now in the "give the new regime a chance, they are new and... um nice... and they aren't AJ and Norv stage" so I forgot we can't criticize team moves anymore.

Comment

• Comment

• Beerman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Eastlake
                        • Send PM

From PFF -
                        John Phillips, TE (208th overall pick in 2009): Took over from Martellus Bennett as the team’s blocking tight end in 2012 and held up reasonably well. It earned him a move to San Diego, while Dallas can at least be happy that this former sixth-rounder contributed as much as he did.
                        I just don't see why there's such hatred for Phillips. He actually reminds me of a much younger McMichael. He's just a role player for us. Here's some quotes I found from the Dallas staff.

And then there's tight end John Phillips, the 208th overall pick and one of two sixth-round selections in 2009.

Phillips has proven to be one of the Cowboys' better finds in recent drafts, and they are expecting him to be a vital part of the offense this season.

"He's a guy you can count on," Romo said.

Said tight ends coach John Garrett, "He's just reliable, dependable John Phillips. You throw him the ball, he catches it. He blocks the right guy. John can go play [fullback, on the line or in the slot]. He knows the offense. He knows all of the positions. He's a guy you can really trust."

Romo and Garrett never mentioned the player Phillips will replace in 2012, Martellus Bennett. Nor did they even hint at the former second-round pick that did not have a touchdown catch after his rookie season and chose to sign with the New York Giants as a free agent.

They didn't have to.

The organization's approach to the No. 2 tight end role in the offseason spoke volumes as to how highly they think of Phillips.

The Cowboys flirted with Kellen Davis in free agency, but he chose to re-sign with Chicago. The Cowboys did not use an early pick on a tight end, choosing to wait until the sixth-round to take James Hanna out of Oklahoma.

"He's [Phillips] proven that in every way we have used him [that] he's shown great value for our football team," Garrett said.

Not that Phillips is perfect. He is not the same in-line blocker as Bennett. He will not be confused athletically with the more gifted tight ends in the NFL today. There are certain limitations to his game, but Phillips knows what he is and, more importantly, what he isn't.

"You've got to earn everything around here," Phillips said. "Nothing is given to you, so you've got to compete every day and find a role for yourself."
                        Seems like a decent cheap sign. I really don't care either way.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                          From PFF
                          Seems like a decent cheap sign. I really don't care either way.
                          John Phillips Position: Tight endType: Unrestricted Summary: The backup tight end finished with eight catches for 55 yards and one touchdown. It was the second-fewest receptions in Phillips' four-year career.

Summary: The backup tight end finished with eight catches for 55 yards and one touchdown. It was the second-fewest receptions in Phillips' four-year career. It was clear the Cowboys missed a good blocking tight end after they let Martellus Bennett go in free agency. Phillips was inconsistent in this area. It seems he has never been the same player after tearing his ACL in 2010. Phillips underwent shoulder surgery recently and he should be in good shape for training camp.
                          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                          X