DX hurts his knee(Confirmed Lost For Season)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Hardwick=old old=cant be counted on for a whole season.

Ok.

So getting rid of injury pron old guys like Jammer and Phillips is bad...

Ok.
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

i always find it funny when people criticize offensive linemen, especially ones from other teams/new ones brought in. i just dont buy that you were sitting on your couch, watching an eagles game and analyzing king dunlaps play. be real.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
        i always find it funny when people criticize offensive linemen, especially ones from other teams/new ones brought in. i just dont buy that you were sitting on your couch, watching an eagles game and analyzing king dunlaps play. be real.
        You don't watch other teams? With Fantasy Football I would imagine most people see many more teams games than just their favorite team. And players like Dunlap aren't hard to miss when they cost their team games. I remember one week last season he got singled out for costing his team a game.

And yes, you do notice when OL and DL do or don't make plays. It's the easiest thing to see on screen.

Evaluating another teams DBs would be far more difficult.
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Even his Facebook page sucks

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

So what do Dunlap Harris and Gaither have in common?
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• sandiego17
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
              Even his Facebook page sucks

https://www.facebook.com/KingDunlapsuck
              That's pretty funny. It has way more activity than the Michael Harris Sucks Forum, social media scores Michael Harris 1, King Dunlap 0. Philly fans really do live up to their stereotype, much more miserable than any Charger fans with AJ separation anxiety disorder.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                Go Aztecs and Pads
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
                No. Not me personally. I have a friend who is a big Eaglets fan. And, last season, he complained more about Dunlap than I did about Clary and Norv combined. He generally seems to know what he's talking about, so I take him at his word that Dunlap sucks. I'm hoping Starks wins the left tackle spot regardless of how bad he may be doing during practice. From what I understand (and this is from reading on the Internet, and not me actually giving a crap about the Squealers) the Steelers generally wanted to replace Starks at the beginning of each season, then found out they had a hard time winning without him. So, I'm just guessing, that means Starks generally got outplayed in practice, but was the best Steelers left tackle on football Sundays.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                  Go Aztecs and Pads
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                  Hardwick=old old=cant be counted on for a whole season.

Ok.

So getting rid of injury pron old guys like Jammer and Phillips is bad...

Ok.
                  Okay. I assume that message was for me.
                  I never said we should get rid of Hardwick. I said he's old, and I'm not counting on him making it through the whole season. By that, I mean, the backup center will probably be playing this season and will most likely be worse than Hardwick.
                  If we got rid of Hardwick without hiring somebody who was at least as good as him, then I'd say that would make us a worse team.
                  By that logic, getting rid of Jammer and Phillips has made us a worse team. Please don't take that to mean I think Jammer and Phillips are good players at this point in their careers. I've always disliked Phillips - thought he was overrated even when the paper was calling him The Other Guy and making it out like he didn't get enough respect. Phillips doesn't so much suck as he just has never struck me as somebody who cared as much about winning football games as he does about bashing Chargers fans on his Twitter account and practicing his onfield dance moves. Phillips was a starter last season, so I assume that means Pagano, our defensive coordinator, thought he was better than every other outside linebacker on our team last year except for maybe Johnson. The new guy we brought in to play outside linebacker is an old man who, from what I understand, sucked last year. From what I saw last year, Phillips didn't suck. He wasn't good, but he didn't suck.
                  Jammer did suck last year and the year before and the year before. However, none of our defensive coordinators thought the other guys on our team were good enough to take his starting position. By that logic, it seems Jammer and the other starter, Cason, were better than every other corner on our team a year ago - at least according to the opinion of our defensive coordinator.
                  Cox, from what I've read, is a good player - better than Jammer and better than Cason - but is injury prone. When Cox plays, we'll probably have a better secondary than last year. But, when he doesn't, we'll have two cornerbacks who weren't good enough to beat out Jammer and Cason last year. So I'm just assuming, at the very least, Pagano, our defensive coordinator, believes Jammer and Cason are better than every other corner on our team outside of Cox. The only way I'm wrong on that is if Pagano thinks Wright and some of the other cornerbacks improved quite a bit during the offseason. Possible. But I'm guessing Jammer and Cason would be the #2 and #3 corners if they were still on our team.
                  Last edited by thelightningwill; 08-08-2013, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

After this season i think we SHOULD get rid of Hardwick. A new OC and another LT

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      After this season i think we SHOULD get rid of Hardwick. A new OC and another LT
                      And 2 new Guards
                      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• BoltBalls
                        Always keep eye contact!
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SD!
                        • Send PM

Maybe we should see how our current young OL on the roster do first? Troutman is showing promise and we have Molk, Baxter, etc.

This season can't start fast enough.

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

The ironic thing about the Hardwick statement is that he used to be really injury prone, but the last few years he has been pretty good. He is getting better with age, in terms of his durability.

As far as Cason and Jammer go, the easiest way to improve our pass coverage is to simply go to safer coverages. On all those plays with Jammer and Cason getting beat, how many times did you see another Charger anywhere around, or even run into the picture at the end of the play? It happens, but most of the time they are out on their own. PFF ranks CB, and the guys who are ranked really well, get the best grades can afford to play really tight coverage, are doing it because the scheme lets them do it. So, if we want our coverage players to be as good, it follows that we need to play the same style of coverage.

Of course, playing safe coverage probably means that there will be little or no pass rush. Last year, a lot of our problems came from blitzing so much. This season if we play safe coverage, and aren't going to blitz as much, then it is going to put a lot more pressure on the ILB and S. That is not necessarily bad, since we have dramatically upgraded our pass coverage by adding Teo (over Spikes) and Butler continued improvement. And while we won't get as much pressure as when we blitzed, can Reyes, Liuget and Freeney rush the QB well enough to protect our pass coverage? It will be interesting to see.
                          Last edited by Steve; 08-08-2013, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X