Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
    I think he would be an upgrade over Troutman....not Fluker per se.....doesn't it strike you as odd that no one has signed this guy?? Hell the Rams drafted 3 Offensive Tackles.
    To answer your question: Yes and no. Generally I would agree that he appears to be an unwanted FA. But didn't we sign Flowers late last year? Yes, we did (I just looked it up). June 24, 2014.

Comment

• CTrout
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
      To answer your question: Yes and no. Generally I would agree that he appears to be an unwanted FA. But didn't we sign Flowers late last year? Yes, we did (I just looked it up). June 24, 2014.
      Flowers was a FA for about 10 days.

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
        Flowers was a FA for about 10 days.
        So he was released by the Chiefs on (or about) June 14th? I thought we had been talking about him for a few weeks, at least, wondering why we weren't being more aggressive about signing him. But I'll take your word on that one. Thanks.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

I don't think Flowers was available in May. Could be wrong but i think he got cut late and he had five teams wanting him.

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

The june 1st cut date has really not been anything special. Since the new CBA, teams will designate guys as June 1st cuts, but then cut them before the start of FA. So, all the really interesting names get cut early, and there are few cuts left. Maybe some team will decide a rookie their were going to bring along slowly is worth starting and cut the vet ahead of him, but there will only be 1 or 2 vets available prior to the start of the season who are decent players still. It would be sheer luck if those 1 or 2 players is going to be a RG.

Last year we got incredibly lucky it was at a spot that we needed help, AND it was a guy who fit our scheme perfectly. He was only cut because they wanted a bigger, more physical guy in their scheme.

The one spot that it seems like does get kicked loose fairly often is ILB/MLB. They tend to be overpriced anyway, and the position is not going to make that many "impact" plays, so some team may be thinking that they can get rid of one and free up a ton of space in a hurry. But with Perryman and Conner, we are pretty well set behind Teo and Butler. I could see us cutting Butler if he totally sucks, but that would likely be a camp or early season deal, not right now. And more us doing the cutting, rather then finding a guy.

There will be another wave of guys come TC, but those guys don't have the same kinda impact because they will be struggling to catch up, since they miss the install in minicamps and OTA's.

I think everyone is in favor of signing anyone who might become available, just you have to be realistic that we may not have any better options to sign then the guys we already have, as bad as they are.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

I'm more curious about who we are going to cut. We're still an old team.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                  I'm more curious about who we are going to cut. We're still an old team.
                  If he wasnt such a buddy of Rivers id think Floyd could very much be on the bubble. If these two UDFA's flash some skills in the preseason, he could be in trouble but they wont want to piss off Philip. He would save 4.7 million on the cap.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

I agree on Floyd. I can at a minimum see a contract restructuring taking place. As much as I love the guy, TT has no connection with him.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                      I agree on Floyd. I can at a minimum see a contract restructuring taking place. As much as I love the guy, TT has no connection with him.
                      I don't know is he would restructure the last hear of his deal. Maybe. I don't want to get too excited about UDFAs but we have two good ones at WR. If they are worth keeping, we have to make room. No way we keep seven WRs on the roster. I can see Pettis getting cut. Not sure about Inmann. I think he will be a better WR than Jones's.
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 05-15-2015, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        I don't know is he would restructure the last hear of his deal. Maybe. I don't want to get too excited about UDFAs but we have two good ones at WR. If they are worth keeping, we have to make room. No way we keep seven WRs on the roster. I can see Pettis getting cut. Not sure a out Inmann. I think he will be a better WR than Jones's.
                        Jones has extra value as our primary returner.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                          Did we win?
                          • Jun 2013
                          • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                          • Send PM

I said it when we signed him and still think it, I believe Jacoby Jones will get cut in camp. There just won't be any room for him. Not as a WR, not on ST and not as a returner. Look at his numbers last season, (just a slightly better average than our returners and pedestrian as a WR) and one year older is not going to help those. It will not be worth sacrificing young talent for him to have a spot.
                          I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

Working...
                          X