• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
    This team has always been soft in the middle. My biggest issue with Telesco's drafts, actually. You build from the lines back, and the middle outward.
    Yup, for several, several years now.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
      Why are we soft in the middle now? ...
      If you'll be my bodyguard ...
      Little in the middle but we got much back.

Correction: Little in the middle and you get pushed back!

All credit to Sir Mix-a-lot!
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• CTrout
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

WRs Travis Benjamin and Rishard Matthews not able to get deals done, both likely to become FAs.
        I'd be happy with either.

Comment

• CTrout
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

The Chargers and Falcons are in the hunt for Travis Benjamin. - Tony Pauline

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
            WRs Travis Benjamin and Rishard Matthews not able to get deals done, both likely to become FAs.
            I'd be happy with either.
            I would prefer Benjamin long as he isn't trying to get superstar $$$,he would resolve our piss poor return gain, and can be your slot\deep threat receiver.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Isn't he a slot receiver? Will we cut Stevie Johnson or move him outside.
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

NFL draft insider Tony Pauline passes along "word from the Combine" that the Chargers and Falcons are "in the hunt" for free agent Travis Benjamin.
                Benjamin makes a ton of sense in both locales as a speed complement to Keenan Allen (San Diego) and Julio Jones (Atlanta). Reports out of Cleveland as recently as last week had Benjamin "very close" to re-signing with the Browns, but multiple reports on Tuesday indicated those talks had broken down. At age 26, Benjamin will be a coveted commodity if he hits the free agent market.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                  Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                  • Send PM

Benjamin would be great. He can handle the quick slot stuff. Not sold on Stevie. id be happy signing Benjamin and drafting Treadwell. I read somewhere that Treadwell has hands close to 11 inches, that's like catchers mitts

Comment

• TTK
                    EX-Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • America's Finest City
                    • Send PM

I'm surprised Benjamin doesn't break in half every time he gets hit. The guy is a twig.

You know what would happen if he came here...

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Don't waste money on a wide receiver until the offensive line and the defense are fixed.

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Don't waste money on a wide receiver until the offensive line and the defense are fixed.
                        are you kidding? Fouts needs more targets to keep this Super Bowl winning, high flying, Air Coryell offense firing on all cylinders! Floyd is retired and we need a replacement, Pronto! Somebody has to stretch the filed and be the vertical threat downfield.

Seriously, this ownership has been living in some kind of time warp where they think everything revolves around a "Franchise" passing QB that puts up big stats and creates "excitement" like it was in the late 1970's. All they keep talking about is keeping Rivers happy and comfortable because as long as we have him- we always "have a chance" and just think about "where would we be without him?".

They have a terminal blind spot to the fact our best TEAMS ran the ball well and had the most success, playoff appearances and AFCWest Championships. We had our most competent OLines then too.
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• CTrout
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

WR is also a big need. Me I'm not to concerned with the order they choose to address their problems.

Comment

Working...
                          X