Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
    Louis Vasquez, getting cut by Denver.
    Still, how did Denver start with a sucky OL and win the SB while we start with a sucky OL and finish sucky?
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
      Louis Vasquez, getting cut by Denver.
      Is he worth bringing back? Not sure how he fared in Denver, but he never lost his starting job (?) and was at least a healthy, dependable body from what I can remember.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
        Still, how did Denver start with a sucky OL and win the SB while we start with a sucky OL and finish sucky?
        Because they had a dominating defense. We didn't.

Comment

• chargerkdb
          Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Hotter than hell, Georgia
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
          Is he worth bringing back? Not sure how he fared in Denver, but he never lost his starting job (?) and was at least a healthy, dependable body from what I can remember.
          He was a quality starter but we have Franklin,Fluker and Watt to play Guard. We need a replacement for Dunlap and a Center

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
            He was a quality starter but we have Franklin,Fluker and Watt to play Guard. We need a replacement for Dunlap and a Center
            The oline is kind of tricky. Sure seems like we are going into next year with Dunlap, Franklin, Fluker and Barksdale as the starters and who knows what they do at center. In a perfect world Mack as our center with Watt as the backup center/guard would be fantastic, but I'm not holding my breath. Resigning Barksdale makes me think we won't be drafting an olinemen in the first round.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              The oline is kind of tricky. Sure seems like we are going into next year with Dunlap, Franklin, Fluker and Barksdale as the starters and who knows what they do at center. In a perfect world Mack as our center with Watt as the backup center/guard would be fantastic, but I'm not holding my breath. Resigning Barksdale makes me think we won't be drafting an olinemen in the first round.
              Then we'll suck again.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                Then we'll suck again.
                At least you can keep your hopes up...
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                  At least you can keep your hopes up...
                  Just not going to sit around pretending we should field the same loser team we had last year. The O'line and defensive front seven need to have different people if we want the results to be any different.

We can sit around with our lips shut like good little doggies who love 12-loss seasons, or we can talk enough shit (like we did with Norv) that, some day, somebody might do something about it. Being positive about losing never won shit.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Agree we need changes. Glad we got new coaches, and hopefully new schemes.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                      Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Who you play next to and how comfortable you are with them is important. Our online was hurt and mixed and matched so much last year. Barksdale played well, Fluker played hurt at a new position. Franklin and Dunlap disappointed but were injured. They have both played to a high level previously. I don't think Watt is ready for prime time but he is learning a new position, one that requires some smarts, and he was hurt. We need a Left Tackle and Center moving forward. I only say LT because of Dunlaps concussion history. Remains to be seen if there is still gas in the tank. Bring in a starting quality Center and if watt can beat him out great. Online isn't a unit that can just be wholesale replaced overnight. We need some depth as well and that can be addressed at end of FA period.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                        Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

We didn't have 5 guys who had more than a few hundred snaps together as a unit. We had a new LG, Center, RG and RT and all of the front 5 other than Barksdale were hurt. I can't even recall all of the names of players that were picked up off practice squads or the street that played snaps on our line last year. We had 24 different line combos last year, the problem wasn't all the 5 starters. You have to play a bunch of bums to get 24 combos fielded in a season
                        Last edited by chargerkdb; 03-08-2016, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                          Who you play next to and how comfortable you are with them is important. Our online was hurt and mixed and matched so much last year. Barksdale played well, Fluker played hurt at a new position. Franklin and Dunlap disappointed but were injured. They have both played to a high level previously. I don't think Watt is ready for prime time but he is learning a new position, one that requires some smarts, and he was hurt. We need a Left Tackle and Center moving forward. I only say LT because of Dunlaps concussion history. Remains to be seen if there is still gas in the tank. Bring in a starting quality Center and if watt can beat him out great. Online isn't a unit that can just be wholesale replaced overnight. We need some depth as well and that can be addressed at end of FA period.
                          A voice of reason...

Comment

Working...
                          X