• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I'm interested in how the online is reshaped and how they build the run ng game. If the favor speed a new LT and moving Fluker inside may make this the best time to do it. It means drafting or trading for a LT unless a FA is worth the $$$ but good LT never hit free agency.
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
      You know, at SOME point, this team is going to have to do something definitive in the FA market if they want to be more than a perennial .500 team. It would pretty much send a very bad message, to this fan at least, if they were to let Flowers go. Which does NOT mean that you sign Flowers and let everyone else go, either.

They have money. There isn't a Gaither, Cox, or Meachump in sight (OK, I'm looking past Brown and Butler for a minute). They may have an opportunity to restructure 3-4 vets to release even more funds. The list of bolded players in WindsorUK's list, above, is reasonable, do-able, and within reach.

Get it done...or do us all a favor and get the hell out of town.
      Sure and i agree but Flowers is is going to be 29 next month so you cant be ridiculous and offer a 6 year, 60 million deal just to keep him(there are other very stupid GMs & Owners out there who will, though Al is dead but Jerry and Dan Snyder arent) unless they can get creative with the deal and it just doesnt seem like McGuire is creative with those.

Rivers is a bit worrysome as well. My guess is he would like to stay if Telesco can get him a good OL so he doesnt take a beating like he has. Maybe he is waiting til he sees that get accomplished first but who knows. Maybe he wants to play one more year and if that is the case, he wont get restrutured and we are in deep shit and will be setback even further.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-04-2015, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
        Not to mention there is big cap space in 2016 where they might be able to structure contracts to push cap money to the second year
        At this point as far as 2016 cap space goes we are the top team with close to 100 mil under. We will need to resign key guys like Ingram and Liuget etc.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Key offseason priorities on offense
          By Tom Krasovic7 a.m.Jan. 5, 2015 ⎙ Print
          �� Comments 6

The San Diego Chargers vs. The Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium. San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers (17) instructs San Diego Chargers running back Donald Brown (34) and San Diego Chargers center Trevor Robinson (60) at the line in the fourth quarter.

The San Diego Chargers vs. The Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium. San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers (17) instructs San Diego Chargers running back Donald Brown (34) and San Diego Chargers center Trevor Robinson (60) at the line in the fourth quarter. Sean M. Haffey U-T San Diego

Comments

Here, following, are three offseason priorities for the Chargers' offense:

Improve the blocking: King Dunlap, the left tackle, was the only consistent, effective blocker. The other linemen's work was uneven. Too, all four of San Diego's tight ends offered inconsistent blocking as well. Going without a true fullback, the Chargers hired ex-Steeler David Johnson to serve as both as tight end and fullback. A shoulder injury reduced his effectiveness early in the season. Late in the year, the offense's coaches held Johnson out of two consecutive games.

Find younger playmakers: Antonio Gates will turn 35 this year. Malcom Floyd will turn 34. Both are coming off strong seasons -- Gates was fourth in the NFL in touchdown catches (12), while Floyd was fifth in yards per catch (16.5) -- but the Chargers will want to add potential difference makers to the pipeline. A young running back to assist Branden Oliver should be on the list as well. Danny Woodhead suffered a broken leg in September and will turn 30 in January. Injury-prone Ryan Mathews is 27 and headed to free agency.

Boost the return game : The offense is in need of explosive speed. If a newcomer or two also can spark the team's punt and kick return units, so much the better. In the two-season Telesco & McCoy Era, the Chargers returned no punts or kicks for points. A year after ranking 23rd in kick-return average, they were 22nd this year. Up to 16th from 25th, the punt-return game got a 58-yard run from Eddie Royal in Week 15. Royal, who'll be 29 in May, is headed to free agency.
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post

that pretty much sums it up for me
              Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

I thought a logo would be overkill and ultimately weaken my stance.
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• bonehead
                  Undrafted
                  • Jul 2013
                  • TBD
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

I thought a logo would be overkill and ultimately weaken my stance.
                  good thinking....when yer on a roll don't overdo it.
                  Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

:wtf:

Comment

• Marshall/Boogie
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

This, this and this.
                      Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        :wtf:
                        Type the word logo and put a collon at the end with no space. Logo:
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

fender57
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Logo :

Logo:

Comment

Working...
                          X