• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I just think to keep those two guys we'll have to overspend. Maybe not, my hunch.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

LT also said that Peterson would be a good fit here too. Money and the goal of the biz to have "good character" guys will make that hard to achieve.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
        http://espn.go.com/blog/san-diego-ch...t-for-chargers

Eric Dickerson says Adrian Peterson a good fit for Chargers

Hall of Fame running back Eric Dickerson joined Steve Hartman and Mike Costa of Xtra 1360 Fox Sports Radio this week. Asked if the San Diego Chargers should take a flyer on Adrian Peterson should the Minnesota Vikings make him available, Dickerson said the Chargers should jump at the opportunity.

“Most definitely, for sure,” he said. “When I look at a team that could use Adrian Peterson like right now, and it would make a difference on that team, it would be the Indianapolis Colts. They need a running game -- something to go with Andrew Luck. But if I were the Chargers, I would jump all over it.

“Adrian is not a bad guy. All of us make mistakes. No one is perfect in this life, and it's disheartening to hear these people say, ‘What if I ever did that’ like they have lived the perfect life and never did anything wrong. But when you’re a professional athlete, an actor or an entertainer, you are not allowed to make mistakes. It was a bad judgment, and that’s what it was.”
        The question is do we have to pay him something like the $15 mill he is due to get in Minn and how high a draft pick do we have to give up? Peterson can till play, but unless he is willing to play for a fraction of his current salary, or Minn is willing to give him to u for a 7th round pick, I don't see how we can afford him. He uses most of our cap space, and we still have a lot of other holes to fill.

Comment

• UtahBolt
          Did we win?
          • Jun 2013
          • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
          • Send PM

I think the chunk of money that would be needed to sign Peterson would be better used to sign a few players at positions of greater need. Not saying RB is not a position of need, you just can't over spend on RBs any more...the Pats just won the SB with a RBBC. Peterson, aside from one year with Favre as the QB has never even gotten close to a Super Bowl, the modern game just does not allow teams to have too much money tied up in one running back. Spend the money on both lines and keeping Flowers.
          I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Former Roughriders OL Heenan set to sign with Chargers or Colts
            TSN.ca Staff
            Comments (5)

Ben Heenan, Marianne Helm/Getty Images
            Former Saskatchewan Roughriders offensive lineman Ben Heenan has agreed to terms with an NFL team and, according to TSN's Farhan Lalji, it is either the San Diego Chargers or Indianapolis Colts.
            The Regina native was released by the Roughriders on Monday so he could pursue opportunities south of the border. Heenan entertained offers from five NFL clubs.
            The Chargers and Colts were the final contenders. He is now waiting for his release to be made official with the league, which happens at 4pm et today.
            Heenan, 24, was drafted first overall in 2012 and spent three years with the Roughriders, winning a Grey Cup in 2013
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Chargers work out CFL standouts CB Delvin Breaux, OT Ben Heenan
              January, 5, 2015
              Jan 5
              9:45
              PM ET
              By Eric D. Williams | ESPN.com

Comments16
              Email
              Print

SAN DIEGO – Looking for an upgrade at two positions of need, the San Diego Chargers worked cornerback Delvin Breaux and offensive lineman Ben Heenan, both CFL standouts, according to ESPN NFL Insider Field Yates.

Breaux, 25, was highly recruited out of high school but suffered three broken vertebrae in his back and a partially blocked artery while covering a kick in high school in 2006. Breaux lost his opportunity to play in college, but was discovered by the CFL after a long recovery while playing arena football for the New Orleans Voodoo of the Arena Football League.

At 6-foot-1 and 196 pounds, Breaux is known for his physicality and cover skills. Breaux finished with 33 tackles, five pass breakups, three forced fumbles for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats last season. He also notched his first career interception, which he returned 27 yards for a score. He reportedly runs the 40-yard dash in 4.38 seconds.

Heenan, 24, played right tackle for the Saskatchewan Roughriders. At 6-4 and 310 pounds, Heenan was the No. 1 overall selection by the Roughriders in the 2012 draft, and has experience playing right guard and right tackle.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Cool story Breaux
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                  Cool story Breaux
                  Is his name pronounced "Bro"?
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• Boltx
                    Dominate the day
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I like it, TT....scour all avenues for possible talent.
                    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• bonehead
                      Undrafted
                      • Jul 2013
                      • TBD
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                      I like it, TT....scour all avenues for possible talent.
                      yep ... CFL, De Vry, University of Phoenix, whatever it takes ....
                      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                        yep ... CFL, De Vry, University of Phoenix, whatever it takes ....
                        We need it...
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                          Breaux, 25, was highly recruited out of high school but suffered three broken vertebrae in his back and a partially blocked artery while covering a kick in high school in 2006.
                          Damn. My kids will never play tackle football. Which is too bad because after many years of not caring they all love football. (Thanks Madden)
                          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                          X