Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by rikardo View Post
    Free-agent defensive end Greg Hardy has started negotiations with a team that does not want to be identified. http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?story...89&src=desktop
    If I were negotiating with Hardy, I wouldn't want to be identified, either. Maybe they can put him in football's version of a 'witness protection plan' (although in Hardy's case it would be a 'Witless' Protection Plan). He gets a haircut, grows a beard, gets a new name, etc.

Comment

• rikardo
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
      If I were negotiating with Hardy, I wouldn't want to be identified, either. Maybe they can put him in football's version of a 'witness protection plan' (although in Hardy's case it would be a 'Witless' Protection Plan). He gets a haircut, grows a beard, gets a new name, etc.
      He does rush the QB like a motherfu,,,r. Only reason why I want him sign....

Comment

• rikardo
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
        @john_keim: Source says the #Redskins have expressed interest in WR Michael Crabtree, but as of now sounds like #Chargers a stronger possibility.
        I think we need 2 quality WR, don't think Floyd will make the team this year, he could not seperate from CB the second half of the season. With Royal gone IMO we need 2 hope we get OLB Greg Hardy (should be better than what we had last year), Crabtree (should be better than this years Floyd) & Stevie Johnson (hope he has same TD as Royal last year)

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

He does rush the QB like a motherfu,,,r. Only reason why I want him sign....
          If we do sign Hardy I'm guessing there will be a clause in his contract about off-field behavior.
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• CTrout
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I think we need 2 quality WR, don't think Floyd will make the team this year, he could not seperate from CB the second half of the season. With Royal gone IMO we need 2 hope we get OLB Greg Hardy (should be better than what we had last year), Crabtree (should be better than this years Floyd) & Stevie Johnson (hope he has same TD as Royal last year)
            Floyd had his best year last year, he may not be apart of our long term plans but I'd be stunned if he's not here next year.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

The Chargers are interested in both WRs Michael Crabtree and Cecil Shorts

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

from rotoworld.com...ESPN Redskins reporter John Keim reports Washington has expressed interest in free agent WR Michael Crabtree, but the Chargers are "a stronger possibility."
                This is the first we have heard about either link, and the first solid interest Crabtree has garnered since free agency began. Crabtree's skills have declined dramatically since he tore his Achilles' in 2013, but he is the best remaining receiver in a picked-over market. He should find a new home soon.

Dramatically? Is that true? In regards to achillies injuries might it be tough to both jump and make sudden change of direction moves (abrupt stop and starts while running routes) for a while? Maybe that could explain his "dramatic decline in skills"?
                For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Marshall/Boogie
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

No more injured/injury-prone players - do make sure due diligence is done (DDDD), please TT!
                  Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.

Comment

• rikardo
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    The Chargers are interested in both WRs Michael Crabtree and Cecil Shorts
                    Hope we sign 2 WR Shorts is also a solid option, great after the catch receiver...

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Hope we sign 2 WR Shorts is also a solid option, great after the catch receiver...
                      I think we need the room to draft one. I see us doing that.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                        ...a new City to live in, a new Team to play for...
                        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                        sigpic

Comment

• rikardo
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                          I think we need the room to draft one. I see us doing that.
                          I would like us to go to draft with as little pressing needs as possible. Right now we need 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 OT, 2OLB and 1DL. That my opinion. And of this positions normally WR have the longest learning curve. I would like the Chargers to resolve this needs in FA. I also hope 1 OLB is vet added (Greg Hardy fills the bill IMO)
                          Last edited by rikardo; 03-14-2015, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X