• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yubaking
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
    Not a very in-depth analysis. Did you stop and wonder why his playcalling is what it's been? His playcalling was brilliant early in the season, exactly what you are calling for, and now it's shit. Do you think that's because Reich has suddenly gone from brilliant to shit in the course of a few games, or perhaps because the situation dictates it? Let's see. We haven't been able to run for shit, and opposing teams know this, and our OL can't sustain blocks, which opposing teams also know, so they play to take away our short passing game. Trying to force the issue when the short passing game isn't there is probably not smart, and one way to loosen it up is to start hitting a few plays deep. I do believe that's what Reich is trying to accomplish. And I believe he can see just as well as we can that it's not working. The coaching staff will have to go back to the drawing board to figure things out, but as long as our OL plays like shit and defenses crowd up to take away the short passing game, there might not be a heck of a lot they can do.
    I agree.

In fact, I actually thought Reich did a good job of calling plays against OAK. It was one of his best games. He didn't go run crazy on first down as he had done in some games. He tried to cross up the defense more frequently with some runs out of known passing situations. The approach was better than it had been previously as it was less predictable.

I also agree that teams are doing to us now what I thought they should have been doing to us last year--taking away the short game and forcing us to go long. In the deep game at this point, it is basically Floyd or bust. And, the added benefit of playing us for our short game is that teams are closer to the line of scrimmage and in better position to attack when we run the ball, which also hurts our running game.

I do not think Reich is as good as Whisenhunt, who seemed to be more creative and have a better feel for what to call in a given situation, but Reich is not in the Norv Turner range of horrible by a long stretch. If Turner equals zero and Whisenhunt equals 85 on a 100 point scale as a play caller, then I think Reich is probably about a 75.

Comment

• RollingThunder
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

It's official, this guy has to go. His play calling is horrible, period. I understand the issues with the oline etc but this guy doesn't put them in a position to even have a chance. No quick hitters, long developing pass plays that our oline can't handle, predictable playcalling. Frank Reich sucks balls as an OC.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

No adjustments to the loss of Scifres no adjustment in the second half, he is leaning on Rivers to much.
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• KNSD
          Registered Charger Hater
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
          I don't think there's anything wrong with the playcalling or scheme.
          Really? That much pressure and you leave Fluker sitting out there on an island all game? They'll fix it.
          Prediction:
          Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
          Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
          Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Reich has obviously not done as well with the offense. It's too bad, I like the guy but Whiz took this team to a level Reich won't reach
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• homeless simpson
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I heard there was this guy named McCoy who ressurected a guy named Manning's career with an impressive offense.

if McCoy isn't part of the offensive gameplanning, then maybe he should start putting more input on that side of the team

Comment

• Sec-E4
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2014
                • Arizona
                • Send PM

Why didn't they keep Mr Robinson at Center ? It felt like Rivers was more comfortable with him at Center, Maybe I'm swing something that wasn't there, But it felt that way

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Losing Our biggest weapon in games like this hurt more than anything else. I hope Scifres is back fast!
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

Broken Clavicle is the rumor, how long does that that to heal and can he punt with the injury?

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

That would take him out for the year.
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• TTK
                        EX-Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • America's Finest City
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Sec-E4 View Post
                        Why didn't they keep Mr Robinson at Center ? It felt like Rivers was more comfortable with him at Center, Maybe I'm swing something that wasn't there, But it felt that way
                        Sure seemed that way, didn't it?

Why not put Robinson back at center and replace Troutman with Watt. It couldn't be worse than what we saw last night.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

They really really want Watt at C? Sacrificing the present for the future?

Comment

Working...
                          X