No.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Probably the wise thing to do is not take chances on udfa this season because evaluating them is hard
      2024: Far From Over

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Our depth is improving incrementally.

Roster spots are tighter.

I would consider Parham, Norton and St. Louis as our UDFA's, of a sort.

It is pleasing to see Broughton stick, one year since being only derailed by mononucleosis, as inside pressure is so darn important.
        Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          Our depth is improving incrementally.

Roster spots are tighter.

I would consider Parham, Norton and St. Louis as our UDFA's, of a sort.

It is pleasing to see Broughton stick, one year since being only derailed by mononucleosis, as inside pressure is so darn important.
          yes on everything
          and technically, all three were UDFAs at SOME point
          2024: Far From Over

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

No.
            What's the deal with practice squad? They have to pass waivers and then they can sign to practice squad? Not sure how this works as I haven't heard any news about all the players going to practice squad.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• screeme18
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

What's the deal with practice squad? They have to pass waivers and then they can sign to practice squad? Not sure how this works as I haven't heard any news about all the players going to practice squad.
              That is exactly correct. We can't officially sign a player to the practice squad until they clear Waivers. It's typically a formality, but you never know.. Cinci may have been enamored Fehoko's haka on Hard Knocks or something. It'll likely all become official tomorrow afternoon sometime.

Comment

• ChicagoCharger292
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2020
                • Send PM

I noticed something interesting after looking at our roster after final cuts yesterday. We didn’t have a UDFA this year. So I dug a little deeper and realized that we’ve had some pretty good drafts these past few years.

Consider this:
                In our last 4 drafts, 2017-2020, comprised of a total of 27 players... 26 of them are on our current roster!!! The only one not on the team is Dylan Cantrell. So what does that mean?

* There’s hardly room on this team for a UDFA to even make it because we’ve been hitting on our picks.

* We have one of the youngest teams in the league. Bodes well for now and the future.

* Salary cap management. We have a LOT of talent on team friendly contracts. I imagine this is how we found the $$$ to pay Bosa - and now Keenan - for the long term.

* We’re an incredibly deep team with lots of players who are familiar with the system.

Don't sleep on this team. We’re building it the right way and the dividends will come. Bolt Up!

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Interesting little tidbit that surprises nobody: The Chargers are the Fighting Irish South. After the roster cut-downs, there are 30 players from Notre Dame on the rosters of the NFL's 32 teams. That's an average of less than one per roster. But there five on the Chargers' roster:

Tillery
                  Tranqill
                  Rochelle
                  Gilman
                  Guyton

In addition, there are two 2020 UDFAs apparently headed for the PS (unless they're claimed off waivers):
                  LB Asmar Bilal
                  CB Donte Vaughn

https://www.onefootdown.com/2020/9/5...day-bars-smith
                  Last edited by Velo; 09-06-2020, 06:16 AM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    Interesting little tidbit that surprises nobody: The Chargers are the Fighting Irish South. After the roster cut-downs, there are 30 players from Notre Dame on the rosters of the NFL's 32 teams. That's an average of less than one per roster. But there five on the Chargers' roster:

Tillery
                    Tranqill
                    Rochelle
                    Gilman
                    Guyton

In addition, there are two 2020 UDFAs apparently headed for the PS (unless they're claimed off waivers):
                    LB Asmar Bilal
                    CB Donte Vaughn

https://www.onefootdown.com/2020/9/5...day-bars-smith

I still wish Telesco had big "wood" for players from Clemson or Alabama as he does from Notre Dame.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Welcome to TPB !
                      ChicagoCharger292 !
                      Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChicagoCharger292 View Post
                        I noticed something interesting after looking at our roster after final cuts yesterday. We didn’t have a UDFA this year. So I dug a little deeper and realized that we’ve had some pretty good drafts these past few years.

Consider this:
                        In our last 4 drafts, 2017-2020, comprised of a total of 27 players... 26 of them are on our current roster!!! The only one not on the team is Dylan Cantrell. So what does that mean?

* There’s hardly room on this team for a UDFA to even make it because we’ve been hitting on our picks.

* We have one of the youngest teams in the league. Bodes well for now and the future.

* Salary cap management. We have a LOT of talent on team friendly contracts. I imagine this is how we found the $$$ to pay Bosa - and now Keenan - for the long term.

* We’re an incredibly deep team with lots of players who are familiar with the system.

Don't sleep on this team. We’re building it the right way and the dividends will come. Bolt Up!
                        Welcome aboard.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I still wish Telesco had big "wood" for players from Clemson or Alabama as he does from Notre Dame.
                          It don't matter. Alabama has had a lot of players that haven't panned out,.....like Clinton Dix, LB Reuben Foster and the RB Richardson who was a first round pick. I can keep going but you get the jist.
                          But I agree to a point. Most the Notre Dame players we have drafted didn't work out.

Comment

Working...
                          X