• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • homeless simpson
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SFW View Post
    If in doubt, then sit out. I and it seems like Panama and a couple others just feel like the decision is best left up to the team doctors to make, especially considering that they have all of the information.
    What if it was Chao?

*Chao the long time Chargers doctor/trainer, not Chao from the Hangover movies...but probably no difference.

Comment

• Panama
      パナマ
      • Aug 2013
      • London
      • Opera singer and web developer.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ratenstein
      Lots of off the cuff remarks, but this conversation is swell.
      :facepalm1:

:ban:
      Adipose

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
        However, if you absolutely have to root for an NBA team, take the Suns or maybe the Cavs. Definitely not the Lakers or Clippers. Fuck those teams.
        For the very few years I followed the NBA, I rooted for the Rockets (former SD team, Olajuwon and Drexler). Was that ok?
        Adipose

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
          He is not saw but I'm halfway conviced Yubba is Rush Limbaugh...
          But Rush Limbaugh has fans, no?
          Adipose

Comment

• MakoShark
            Disgruntled
            • Jun 2013
            • North Alabama
            • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
            Born in SD. My grandparents on my fathers side lived there their adult lives and died there in the old military housing in Chula Vista. My moms father at one time was a manager at Hotel del Coronado. Born in Mission Valley and my dad lived there until he recently moved to Fallbrook.

There was no bigger Padres fan than my Grandpa. But I liked his Balboa Stadium stories more
            Hmmm, I wonder if we've ever crossed paths. I was born and raised in Chula Vista, and my Mom, Brother and myself have all worked at the Hotel del.
            sigpic

Comment

• thelightningwill
              Go Aztecs and Pads
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
              For the very few years I followed the NBA, I rooted for the Rockets (former SD team, Olajuwon and Drexler). Was that ok?
              Clyde the Glide and Akeem the Dream were cool to watch play basketball in college. Fuck the NBA and any team that leaves San Diego. Maybe it would have been better to root for Houston's college team, which had those same players. Or just root for the Aztecs - which is always the right call.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                Go Aztecs and Pads
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                Hmmm, I wonder if we've ever crossed paths. I was born and raised in Chula Vista, and my Mom, Brother and myself have all worked at the Hotel del.
                I got married in Chula Vista and hit on many foreign women at the Hotel Del (not in that order). Never bought anything from there though. I wanted more from my big investments. Go Chargers.

Comment

• Panama
                  パナマ
                  • Aug 2013
                  • London
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                  Clyde the Glide and Akeem the Dream were cool to watch play basketball in college. Fuck the NBA and any team that leaves San Diego. Maybe it would have been better to root for Houston's college team, which had those same players. Or just root for the Aztecs - which is always the right call.
                  I will respectfully disagree. Anyway, I'm not from San Diego, just went to high school there. I chose the Rockets as my team precisely as they were a San Diego connection -- I wouldn't root for the Clippers because they sucked and, more importantly, because they moved to LA from San Diego! -- and because Hakeem and Clyde were so much fun to watch. I was so pissed off when the networks cut away from one of the Finals games for the OJ chase. Best game of the series, and we were forced to watch a slow white Bronco (not Elway) instead. I wish Jordan hadn't temporarily retired, because I do think the Rockets that year would have beat anyone including Jordan's Bulls.

Anyway, I stopped wasting my time on the NBA long ago. It's just NFL football and World Cup soccer for me now.
                  Last edited by Panama; 11-07-2014, 02:32 PM.
                  Adipose

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

I'm a Kings fan, but I can see S.D. hate for L.A. since the Gulls* left and became the Ice Dogs.

*IHL
                    Last edited by Gwynning_Spirit; 11-06-2014, 03:31 PM. Reason: added stat

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

"Best game of the series, and we were forced to watch a slow white Bronco (not Elway) instead. "
                      -Quote of the week

Comment

• thelightningwill
                        Go Aztecs and Pads
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

I will respectfully disagree. Anyway, I'm not from San Diego, just went to high school there. I chose the Rockets as my team precisely as they were a San Diego connection -- I wouldn't root for the Clippers because the sucked and, more importantly, because they moved to LA from San Diego! -- and because Hakeem and Clyde were so much fun to watch. I was so pissed off when the networks cut away from one of the Finals games for the OJ chase. Best game of the series, and we were forced to watch a slow white Bronco (not Elway) instead. I wish Jordan hadn't temporarily retired, because I do think the Rockets that year would have beat anyone including Jordan's Bulls.

Anyway, I stopped wasting my time on the NBA long ago. It's just NFL football and World Cup soccer for me now.

OJ Simpson - yet another reason to hate L.A.

Los Angeles should change its name to Los Demonios.

Comment

• SFW
                          PB Official Game Thread Starter
                          • Jul 2013
                          • NY
                          • USMC
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                          Being born and raised in Chula Vista is awesome!
                          1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
                          2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
                          3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
                          4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
                          5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
                          6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
                          7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

Working...
                          X