• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Please take the political debate elsewhere. Thank you.

All I know is that there was a forum up in Los Angeles, and their least favorite option for moving to LA was the Chargers. They have no desire to steal a team with no real roots in that city, even if they were the only one of the three (Rams, 'duhs, and the Bolts) that actually started there. The relocation fee should go in significant amount to the Chargers, with a on going % of profit and future increase in valuation and directly applied to the building of a new stadium.

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
      Not arguing politics at all, but rather, the idea that revenues (taxes in this discussion) are somehow the cause of deficits, with no regard to spending. The politics of Microsoft, Amazon and the Spanos clan cannot be more different, and I have no problem with any of them.
      This forum is for Charger and football talk. I realize there will be some crossover with politics/economics when discussing the stadium but that's not where this discussion is going and has already gone. All that stuff you're referring to can go to the End Zone forum.

Comment

• sandiego17
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
        This forum is for Charger and football talk. I realize there will be some crossover with politics/economics when discussing the stadium but that's not where this discussion is going and has already gone. All that stuff you're referring to can go to the End Zone forum.
        First, already stopped. Still, this topic (Charger stadium) is definitely going to get into taxes/politics, etc. and it does relate to the Chargers. Personally don't have an issue with that, but I don't get offended easily.

Comment

• TTK
          EX-Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • America's Finest City
          • Send PM

First, already stopped. Still, this topic (Charger stadium) is definitely going to get into taxes/politics, etc. and it does relate to the Chargers. Personally don't have an issue with that, but I don't get offended easily.
          The point is, people don't like to see Liberal/Conservative Democrat/Republican debates here as that has nothing to do with the Chargers. If it's already stopped, then good. Then just consider this a reminder for the future.

Comment

• thelightningwill
            Go Aztecs and Pads
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Sometimes Mike McCoy is a conservative nut job with his playcalling. And, other times, he's a Pinko liberal - especially on special teams.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
              Since this is getting away from a football discussion, you guys should probably take it to the End Zone forum if you want to keep arguing politics.
              I thought this thread was about sex?
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

If you don't like the subject matter (and taxes and politics are intertwined with all aspects of the stadium debate), don't click on the link to the thread. Simple.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I'm ok with a non-partisan discussion, but frankly, there is no news here, just posturing.

Comment

• Panama
                    パナマ
                    • Aug 2013
                    • London
                    • Opera singer and web developer.
                    • Send PM

Not arguing politics at all
                    Bullshit.
                    Adipose

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      I'm ok with a non-partisan discussion, but frankly, there is no news here, just posturing.
                      Blame Nick Canepa.

Of course there is no news but I still think there's a reasonable debate about the merits of a public-private stadium project. Some have chosen to demonize those that don't see things their way, run with ideology or just misstate or misuse facts....so in other words, like every other thread on this board.

Why do people keep trying to shut down this discussion? If you don't want to participate, then don't. If you don't want to read about the politics that are inherently part of any discussion of the use of public funds, don't click on the link. Simple.

Comment

• Panama
                        パナマ
                        • Aug 2013
                        • London
                        • Opera singer and web developer.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                        Blame Nick Canepa.

Of course there is no news but I still think there's a reasonable debate about the merits of a public-private stadium project. Some have chosen to demonize those that don't see things their way, run with ideology or just misstate or misuse facts....so in other words, like every other thread on this board.

Why do people keep trying to shut down this discussion? If you don't want to participate, then don't. If you don't want to read about the politics that are inherently part of any discussion of the use of public funds, don't click on the link. Simple.
                        Believe it or not, it is possible to refer to the politics inherent in this discussion without mention of pinheads, whackos, nutjobs, yubas, fascists, and the like.
                        Adipose

Comment

• SFW
                          PB Official Game Thread Starter
                          • Jul 2013
                          • NY
                          • USMC
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                          Believe it or not, it is possible to refer to the politics inherent in this discussion without mention of pinheads, whackos, nutjobs, yubas, fascists, and the like.
                          I agree with you but this forum is filled with personal attacks in many football related threads. So why is it ok to name call when discussing football opinions but not while discussing political opinions? To me, the attacks either go away all together or they are allowed in all types of threads.
                          1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
                          2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
                          3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
                          4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
                          5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
                          6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
                          7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

Working...
                          X